Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:08 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10019 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10019 [0]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
If anyone is interested in becoming ThreadMaster for the Michigan MBA thread, please PM your request to me. Here you can learn more about duties and responsibilities of Threadmasters be-the-coolest-guy-in-the-mba-forum-be-a-threadmaster-152204.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Kudos
I have a very modest GMAT score(660 q47 v35) but cannot retake owing to my tight work schedule.

I run my family business of manufacturing engineering goods in India, and I am inclined to complete an MBA from broad in operations/supply chain.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck to all! Essay questions are out and hope everyone has started working on them. Application will be available on August 1st, so it's good time to do some brainstorming. Here is a question for everyone. Tell us a bit about your background and why you chose Michigan state for MBA?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi
Could anyone here shed some light on the video essay questions for Broad ? What are the questions ? how much time is given to answer each ? etc..
Thanks! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi
Could anyone here shed some light on the video essay questions for Broad ? What are the questions ? how much time is given to answer each ? etc..
Thanks! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi everyone,
I have submitted my application for the October 2 deadline. If you have submitted yours', please post in this forum.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Other
Send PM
Hey early round!
Anyone else get an email from Paul North about scheduling "1-on-1" appointments, but where it says to click the link to pick your 30 minute time slot, there is no link? I emailed him back about it cause I'm not sure if that's "the interview" or what, but no answer yet. Just wondering if anyone else got that and if it worked...
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Steel Authority of India Limited
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.08
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Even I received such an email. It was an error apparently, as clarified in a latter email. They'll send the Interview link later.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ah so. I didn't get a clarification email. Shucks haha
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.27
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Is anyone facing a technical issue submitting the application??

I had been trying to submit my early applications for many days ... but the data in the portal gets automatically erased on reaching the review page.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi,
Did anyone receive the "Invitation for Advising Session" email with content as below:

"Dear XXX,

Thank you for your interest in the Full-Time MBA Program. We would like to invite you to a 1-on-1 advising session to discuss your career and academic goals. These 15- 30 minute sessions allow you to talk directly with an Admissions Officer to help answer your questions.

When reserving your timeslot, please note under “Additional Information” if you would like to have your advising session over the phone, in-person, or via Skype, so we can contact you with additional information if necessary.

We hope to chat with you soon. To reserve your time slot please click here. "

Is this to be considered as the evaluative interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also wish to know if transcripts also need to be couriered to them along with the applications or could be sent later?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got an email like that on Monday but my application status had not changed. I got a formal interview invitation today via email and my application sub-status had also changed to "Selected for Evaluative Interview," so I think the 1-on-1 things are informal chats. Also it says for FT MBA apps, you do not need to have official transcripts/degrees sent directly to Broad until you are admitted. On the application tracker page, even if you uploaded your transcripts it will still show as "Awaiting" until they have processed your application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@Startfiish : thanks for the info...

It still shows awaiting for Transcripts and GMAT Score for me... Moreover, I am confused , coz I have my application submitted and the discussion interview doesnt make sense now :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I think maybe they send the informal chat session email when they start processing an application, then once they're done reading it they change the status and it will show all of the Transcripts and GMAT as received. I had mostly those orange dots until this morning, so I think they change to green after they've read the application. I submitted on the 27th.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
mohamedfaras wrote:
Also wish to know if transcripts also need to be couriered to them along with the applications or could be sent later?

Official transcripts will be required only if you get an admit. For now the scanned copies will suffice.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
I also received the official interview invite just now.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts