Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.8
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q36 V50
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Dudevilgkbp wrote:
Hi all,

I interviewed for Broad today. GMAT score is 740 and WE is 36 months (at time of joining) in an automobile manufacturer.

Interview didn't go that good. There was one question that I wasn't able to answer at all but even after that Paul North asked me a couple of more questions and answered by queries patiently.

Do you think I still have any shot at an admit?

Thanks

Of course you do.
You have a great GMAT Score and WE.
Interview is just one aspect of your application package.
I didn't answer one of my question and freaked out when I answered it.
I still got in ~
So you are doing great.
Hope you see you soon in East Lansing.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
ztan001 wrote:
Dudevilgkbp wrote:
Hi all,

I interviewed for Broad today. GMAT score is 740 and WE is 36 months (at time of joining) in an automobile manufacturer.

Interview didn't go that good. There was one question that I wasn't able to answer at all but even after that Paul North asked me a couple of more questions and answered by queries patiently.

Thanks

Of course you do.
I still got in ~
So you are doing great.

Thanks a lot mate.

Hoping for the best.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Dudevilgkbp wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

Hi buddy,

Can you please list the questions you were asked, you don't have to mention the question you didn't answer...only the list of questions would be great.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
ztan001 wrote:
Dudevilgkbp wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

Of course you do.
I still got in ~
So you are doing great.

You have good chances of getting the admission. My interview also didn't go as expected and I fumbled on few questions. Still I was able to get through the admission process. You have great GMAT score and good WE. You will do well.. dont worry
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
Send PM
Accepted the admission offer

Admitted on: 2016/11/11
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 730, Q51, V38
WE: 85 months
Industry: Manufacturing
Decision Received on: 2016/11/11
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hey guys, did anyone who applied in R2 get an interview call?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi all,

Did anyone receive an evaluative interview to do with Broad?
I received one and I would like to know if it is part of the process.

Besides, I did not complete my application ( still missing the essay) but my "application bubble" is already green. Do you know how to get back to orange bubble to complete this part?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Broad '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
BrunoP wrote:
Hi all,

Besides, I did not complete my application ( still missing the essay) but my "application bubble" is already green. Do you know how to get back to orange bubble to complete this part?

Thanks!

I applied in R2 (deadline 8 Jan 2017). I received the invite for an evaluative interview after 5 days. i.e. 13th Jan. My LORs were not even finished. So I guess, the evaluative interview is part of the review process. Also, I noticed my interviewer did not go through my video application essay. My interview was completed on 24th Jan. Awaiting decision now.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hysenkoshy wrote:
BrunoP wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks!

I applied in R2 (deadline 8 Jan 2017). I received the invite for an evaluative interview after 5 days. i.e. 13th Jan. My LORs were not even finished. So I guess, the evaluative interview is part of the review process. Also, I noticed my interviewer did not go through my video application essay. My interview was completed on 24th Jan. Awaiting decision now.

Thans hysenkoshy

You did the interview and completed the application after, right? Now you don't need to do another interview? So the "evaluative interview" acts the same as the "regular interview" for them?
If so, it would be great! It can save time (and some nerves) for all of us.
Good luck in your application!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BrunoP wrote:
hysenkoshy wrote:
BrunoP wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks!

Thans hysenkoshy

You did the interview and completed the application after, right? Now you don't need to do another interview? So the "evaluative interview" acts the same as the "regular interview" for them?

Yes. Only one interview. But the interview invite was received after I completed my application ( except for LORs).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thans hysenkoshy

Good luck in your application![/quote]

Yes. Only one interview. But the interview invite was received after I completed my application ( except for LORs).[/quote]

Perfect.
In my case was different.
LORs were ok but I did not complete the essays (working on that) and I received the invite.

Can you share with me what they asked in the interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BrunoP wrote:
Thans hysenkoshy

Yes. Only one interview. But the interview invite was received after I completed my application ( except for LORs).[/quote]

Perfect.
In my case was different.
LORs were ok but I did not complete the essays (working on that) and I received the invite.

Can you share with me what they asked in the interview?[/quote]

Yes. All questions were pretty generic ones that you can expect in any interview. eg. Why MBA, career plan, leadership etc. !!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Perfect!
Thank you so much for your answers and time!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey, everyone!

Received my admit today. Was interviewed on 17th Jan.

Anyone have an idea about how and when they offer a scholarship?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ztan001 wrote:
Dudevilgkbp wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

Of course you do.

I still got in ~
So you are doing great.

Hey !

Congrats on your admit from Broad. I received my admit on Friday. Can you please share how and when was the scholarship offered to you because I can't see any mention about scholarship in my admit letter.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sonal12 wrote:
ztan001 wrote:
Dudevilgkbp wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

Of course you do.
I still got in ~
So you are doing great.

You have good chances of getting the admission. My interview also didn't go as expected and I fumbled on few questions. Still I was able to get through the admission process. You have great GMAT score and good WE. You will do well.. dont worry

Hey !

Congrats on your admit from Broad. I received my admit on Friday. Can you please share how and when was the scholarship offered to you because I can't see any mention about scholarship in my admit letter.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All! I applied in the round 2 deadline, and yet to receive a decision of either interview invite or rejection from Broad. I am really looking forward to Broad MBA, but reading the posts above, I am not able to draw a pattern of MSU's order of communication to candidates. I have a 680 on GMAT and 4.5 years of work ex, and some candidates (of R2) above and below this score and this number of experience have received a word from MSU. Can someone please share their views on the order of scrutiny? Within a Round, whether it is Score-wise, or country-wise, or work ex, or any other relevant info? Thanks in advance :)
*keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for a call*
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts