Last visit was: 07 Jun 2024, 21:23 It is currently 07 Jun 2024, 21:23
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  33   
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 378 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
apsu wrote:
Got the interview invite! Have chosen to interview off-campus in a city near me. Waiting for a response from my interviewer on timings and location..

This is both exciting and scary! Good luck everyone :)

Congratz for the invite !! Would you mind telling, what time did you got "the mail".

I have not received a mail ( Yes/No ), I think its a ding !!

Thanks !!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
avocado90 wrote:
Hey guys, congrats to everyone who got an invite!

I know typically schools weigh on campus and off campus equally (and Michigan explicitly says this) but do you guys think it hurts candidates at all to interview off campus since they aren't doing the team exercise anywhere but Ann Arbor for Round 1? There seem to only be a handful of dates they are doing on campus interviews and seems tough to make it to Michigan with short notice.

Thanks!

I do think that they are making it seem like the team exercise gives you an advantage, which is unfortunate for those of us that can't travel to participate.

I received my invite email 4:47 PM CST (5:47 PM EST).

Originally posted by TXRock on 26 Oct 2016, 06:28.
Last edited by TXRock on 26 Oct 2016, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Anurodh2017 wrote:
apsu wrote:
Got the interview invite! Have chosen to interview off-campus in a city near me. Waiting for a response from my interviewer on timings and location..

This is both exciting and scary! Good luck everyone :)

Congratz for the invite !! Would you mind telling, what time did you got "the mail".

I have not received a mail ( Yes/No ), I think its a ding !!

Thanks !!

I got it at 3:17AM (IST) / 5:47PM (EST). If you haven't got a mail yet, might not mean you're denied; you could be waitlisted as well.. Hang in there !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Any idea as to roughly what percentage of Round 1 applicants Ross invites to interview?

Sent from my Mi 4i using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Manufacturing)
Send PM
TXRock wrote:
avocado90 wrote:

I know typically schools weigh on campus and off campus equally (and Michigan explicitly says this) but do you guys think it hurts candidates at all to interview off campus since they aren't doing the team exercise anywhere but Ann Arbor for Round 1? There seem to only be a handful of dates they are doing on campus interviews and seems tough to make it to Michigan with short notice.

Thanks!

I do think that they are making it seem like the team exercise gives you an advantage, which is unfortunate for those of us that can't travel to participate.

I don't think they can hold it against you because it would be biased towards people with the financial resources to come to campus. That is why schools offer off campus and skype interviews. That being said, I think it would look fishy if you went to campus and elected not to do the team exercise.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
wildfire578 wrote:
TXRock wrote:
avocado90 wrote:

Thanks!

I don't think they can hold it against you because it would be biased towards people with the financial resources to come to campus. That is why schools offer off campus and skype interviews. That being said, I think it would look fishy if you went to campus and elected not to do the team exercise.

Yeah that makes sense I just find it really strange they aren't doing the Team Exercise in major cities like NY or SF in Round 1 because they are for future rounds
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10099 [0]
Given Kudos: 4547
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Here is latest R1 admission scenario. 36 applicants got interview invites from Ross. Congrats to all invited applicants!

Those who are getting invites, please submit your status on App Tracker (Now both registered and unregistered users can submit their status on the tracker) ross-196/app-tracker.html

Attachment:
Ross_Invites.png
Ross_Invites.png [ 78.54 KiB | Viewed 3030 times ]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Guys- anyone get the 'update' email from Ross?

It only allows the GMAT improvement, if any, till the time results are declared. I asked them about my GMAT (740, 6 AWA, 4 IR) and they replied:

'..Unfortunately, we do not provide feedback on applications. Test scores are only one factor that is reviewed. If you feel you can improve your GMAT score, then please retake and submit an updated score....'

Do you think it makes sense at 740 to go for a retake? Do we have any precedents from past years?

Background: Indian, M, 30, Consulting and non-profit, 4+ years
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
montys80 wrote:

It only allows the GMAT improvement, if any, till the time results are declared. I asked them about my GMAT (740, 6 AWA, 4 IR) and they replied:

'..Unfortunately, we do not provide feedback on applications. Test scores are only one factor that is reviewed. If you feel you can improve your GMAT score, then please retake and submit an updated score....'

Do you think it makes sense at 740 to give for a retake? Do we have any precedents from past years?

At this point in the game, seems a little late to be thinking about retaking. You're well above the median for Ross, but I'm guessing you're comparing yourself against the Indian male population. It's really up to you if you think you can retake and improve in a fairly short time period.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
montys80 wrote:

Do you think it makes sense at 740 to go for a retake? Do we have any precedents from past years?

Did you receive an interview invite and would like to improve your odds? or are you seeking to re-take to get another shot at an interview invite?

if its the former, I'm guessing, focusing on interview preparation would be a better use of your time!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
montys80 wrote:

I got the same mail, and have very similar profile (GMAT 740, Indian male, 27 years, Oil and Gas engineering consulting, 4+ years). But I think re-taking the GMAT at this point of time is a bit difficult. I might give it a try after I am done with my interviews with other schools.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Goillini13 wrote:
montys80 wrote:

Do you think it makes sense at 740 to give for a retake? Do we have any precedents from past years?

At this point in the game, seems a little late to be thinking about retaking. You're well above the median for Ross, but I'm guessing you're comparing yourself against the Indian male population. It's really up to you if you think you can retake and improve in a fairly short time period.

That's the catch, right. The Indian male group. Anyhow, based on my assessment of the past year threads, Ross seems to prolong till very late in the game. Sometimes taking it to R2 and beyond.

Will a 760 or more make a difference? I really don't know.

750 would only be marginal and not really change things greatly, I think.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ramiibr wrote:
montys80 wrote:

Did you receive an interview invite and would like to improve your odds? or are you seeking to re-take to get another shot at an interview invite?

if its the former, I'm guessing, focusing on interview preparation would be a better use of your time!

Former, mate!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
montys80 wrote:
ramiibr wrote:
montys80 wrote:

Former, mate!

Strange. I was invited but didn't receive that email. In any case, since you were invited that means your score, which is well above their median, was sufficient. Perhaps you'd be better off saving your energy for the interview. Maybe start a couple of online prep courses for materials that we'rent covered in your undergrad like Microecon or financial accounting, if any, and mention in the interview. Other schools such as KF and Sloan recommend/require said courses before the first semester.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ramiibr wrote:

Strange. I was invited but didn't receive that email. In any case, since you were invited that means your score, which is well above their median, was sufficient. Perhaps you'd be better off saving your energy for the interview. Maybe start a couple of online prep courses for materials that we'rent covered in your undergrad like Microecon or financial accounting, if any, and mention in the interview. Other schools such as KF and Sloan recommend/require said courses before the first semester.

My bad! Still waiting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
montys80 wrote:
ramiibr wrote:

My bad! Still waiting.

I see. well in that case, as mentioned 760 vs 740 is a marginal improvement. Nevertheless, it would show your resolve. Having said that, If you have three months and a a bit of free time on your hands, you could also do a couple of for credit online courses with schools like, Berkeley extension and ace them as I am sure you would (with that impressive 740) and send them the scores. I guess this would add another dimension to your application and at the same time help you prepare for school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
anyone scheduled off-campus interview? How long did you get response after sending off-campus request?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  33   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts