Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 22:45 It is currently 04 May 2024, 22:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: IE '18 (WL)
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
WE:Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Hi! Congratulations to the admitted fellows. I am also applying for the Sep 2017 intake. Last week I had my first interview with the alumni in my hometown. Just wanted to clarify are there always 2 stage interviews for IE?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
SabinaIman13 wrote:
Hi! Congratulations to the admitted fellows. I am also applying for the Sep 2017 intake. Last week I had my first interview with the alumni in my hometown. Just wanted to clarify are there always 2 stage interviews for IE?

It doesn't say so in the website. There may be two case by case basis.

Good luck.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DB using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
avpk729 wrote:
SabinaIman13 wrote:

Good luck.

There's usually only one. They use a second one if they want to get more information regarding your application or need clarifications.

On a side note, I received a decision today. They've admitted me to the Jan 2018 intake, citing their desire for me to gain some more work experience before enrolling.

Sent from my SM-N915V using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cmleibold wrote:
avpk729 wrote:
SabinaIman13 wrote:

Good luck.

There's usually only one. They use a second one if they want to get more information regarding your application or need clarifications.

On a side note, I received a decision today. They've admitted me to the Jan 2018 intake, citing their desire for me to gain some more work experience before enrolling.

Awesome. Congratulations!!! When did you have your interview?
I think it's too early for me to get the decision. How many years of experience do you have?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SabinaIman13 wrote:
cmleibold wrote:
avpk729 wrote:
[quote="SabinaIman13"]Hi! Congratulations to the admitted fellows. I am also applying for the Sep 2017 intake. Last week I had my first interview with the alumni in my hometown. Just wanted to clarify are there always 2 stage interviews for IE?

Good luck.

Awesome. Congratulations!!! When did you have your interview?
I think it's too early for me to get the decision. How many years of experience do you have?[/quote]

My first interview was November 1st. They got back to me in about a week requesting a second and that one was November 16th. I sent a follow up email last week requesting a status update and received my notification today. My timeline might be skewed though, it seems like many people get decisions quicker.

I have 19 months experience right now as a Proposal Manager for government procurements. So at the time I end up in Spain I'll have about 31 months. The second interviewer stressed they almost always need 3 full years for admittance and the average is 5, I must've said something right.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
cmleibold wrote:
My first interview was November 1st. They got back to me in about a week requesting a second and that one was November 16th. I sent a follow up email last week requesting a status update and received my notification today. My timeline might be skewed though, it seems like many people get decisions quicker.

I have 19 months experience right now as a Proposal Manager for government procurements. So at the time I end up in Spain I'll have about 31 months. The second interviewer stressed they almost always need 3 full years for admittance and the average is 5, I must've said something right

I guess exceptions take place if they somehow see strong potential in a candidate.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Hopefully, I'll get my decision by the end of this week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys, what is your perception of the career potential post the IE MBA. I have been speaking to a few people, the general feel doesn't seem too encouraging. Could anyone pour some insight on the Job Prospects of IMBAs?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I got an upcoming interview mail about 10 days back but I haven't heard back from them regarding the place and time of the interview.
What was the timeframe you were called for the interview after the interview mail from admission office?
Since most of them will be off towards the end of the year, I was wondering if I should mail them back requesting for an update? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
avpk729 wrote:
Hi guys, what is your perception of the career potential post the IE MBA. I have been speaking to a few people, the general feel doesn't seem too encouraging. Could anyone pour some insight on the Job Prospects of IMBAs?

Their career center is not the strongest point and all IE alumni I know are currently working in local companies. Of course, they have pretty good salaries and positions, but most of them are back without an experience of working in multinational environments.
But I guess, it's also a certain mix of the networking possibilities and some luck.
Moreover, IE is shaped for raising entrepreneurs, so I guess most of the graduates try to start their own companies/projects after graduation rather than look for job perspectives in other companies.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ullasm wrote:
Hi Guys,

I got an upcoming interview mail about 10 days back but I haven't heard back from them regarding the place and time of the interview.
What was the timeframe you were called for the interview after the interview mail from admission office?
Since most of them will be off towards the end of the year, I was wondering if I should mail them back requesting for an update? Any suggestions?

Thanks

I got a notification about the upcoming interview on November 22nd. The interview was appointed for Dec 9th. I am sure they will contact you shortly.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
I have a question regarding one of the admission requirements listed in IE's website. Is the three-year work experience requirement a strict requirement or more of a guideline? Does anyone have experience dealing with a work experience shortage (either firsthand or through a friend)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
alanflom wrote:
I have a question regarding one of the admission requirements listed in IE's website. Is the three-year work experience requirement a strict requirement or more of a guideline? Does anyone have experience dealing with a work experience shortage (either firsthand or through a friend)?

As far as I have experienced meeting candidates at fairs and reading forum posts, one with less than 3 years would be considered for the MIM program or would have to display exceptional achievement.
May I know which field you have experience in ?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
alanflom wrote:

I have fewer than three years wok experience and got an admit. My interviewer made it sound like the three year minimum is normally quite strict, however. In fact, they admitted me to the Jan intake rather than Sept in order to allow me more experience. Even with the extra time I'll still be short (31 vs 36 months).

Intern
Intern
Send PM
ammukum wrote:
I got admitted for Sep 2017 intake. But i have not reserved my place still. I am still looking for funding. Is there any timeline to reserve the place?

Hi, I have received the admission offer yesterday for Sep 2017 intake. The deadline for reservation of the place is January 31st 2017.
They also want me to pay non-refundable amount of 5000 Euro by that date.
Intern
Intern
Schools: IE '18 (WL)
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I reserved my place for Sep 2017 intake. See you all there
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 2.63
Send PM
Interested

Researching or Writing Essays
GMAT: 480, Q24, V32
GPA: 2.63
WE: 144 months
Industry: Accounting
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
ammukum wrote:
I got admitted for Sep 2017 intake. But i have not reserved my place still. I am still looking for funding. Is there any timeline to reserve the place?

Hi, Even i got an admit to September 2017 intake. You would have received two mails from IE Admissions with one of them mentioning the date within which you will have to confirm. It was two months for me starting yesterday. Even I am looking at funding options.
Has anyone in this forum got any Scholarship or Fellowship? Could you help us out if you guys did?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts