It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 07:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2017, 19:31
muffintop86 wrote:
ullasm wrote:
ammukum wrote:
I got admitted for Sep 2017 intake. But i have not reserved my place still. I am still looking for funding. Is there any timeline to reserve the place?


Hi, Even i got an admit to September 2017 intake. You would have received two mails from IE Admissions with one of them mentioning the date within which you will have to confirm. It was two months for me starting yesterday. Even I am looking at funding options.
Has anyone in this forum got any Scholarship or Fellowship? Could you help us out if you guys did?


You can apply for loans and scholarships directly to IE via their Financial Aid website. There are a number of specific scholarships for those who meet certain criteria. There are also general needs based and merit based scholarship funds. You need to do some essays to apply.

I have just been accepted to Sep 17 intake with a partial scholarship from the IE Foundation. I did the scholarship application at the same time as my MBA application and received the confirmation of the scholarship shortly after receiving my place on the programme.


Congrats!!
would you mind sharing what % of the tuition was the scholarship for?
IE website mentions max 50% in one page and up to 40% in another page. I spoke to their recruiting rep at a local event and she mentioned it is usually around 10-15%.

Also, their website mentions you have to wait 48hrs after submitting online application to apply for financial aid. They must have changed this after you applied.

One last question.. did you pick IE or Insead? I hope to be in your position, applied to both the programs for Jan 2018 intake!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2017, 06:50
Hi Alantris,

Congrats!!

I am from Canada as well (Calgary). Just got an interview invite. Saw your earlier post about interview tips! Thanks!

Did you interview in TO?


Alantris wrote:
ankurkalra2007 wrote:

Hi
Yeah, I paid up the place holder fees a couple of days ago.
On my way to Madrid this fall :)



Congratulations! Look forward to seeing you there 8-)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2017, 18:58
skype interview

Interviewed on: 2017/03/28
Heard back via: Phone
Location: Canada
GMAT: 730, Q48, V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: 69 months
Industry: Energy and Utilities
Submited on: 2017/03/22
Invited on: 2017/03/27
Interviewed on: 2017/03/28

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Location: Canada
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
GPA: 3
WE: Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2017, 13:50
Nice to see all of my fellow Canucks on this thread! Canadian here as well, I had my interview at the IE Decision Day event in Toronto on March 24th. Was told by the interviewer that I'd hear back in 3 weeks but I'm hoping it's sooner as the website says anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks. Fingers crossed!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2017, 13:58
All the Best!

CW32 wrote:
Nice to see all of my fellow Canucks on this thread! Canadian here as well, I had my interview at the IE Decision Day event in Toronto on March 24th. Was told by the interviewer that I'd hear back in 3 weeks but I'm hoping it's sooner as the website says anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks. Fingers crossed!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Location: Canada
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
GPA: 3
WE: Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2017, 14:05
harsha2085 wrote:
All the Best!

CW32 wrote:
Nice to see all of my fellow Canucks on this thread! Canadian here as well, I had my interview at the IE Decision Day event in Toronto on March 24th. Was told by the interviewer that I'd hear back in 3 weeks but I'm hoping it's sooner as the website says anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks. Fingers crossed!


Thanks! As for the interview, it was with the Admissions Director out of the Toronto office that I had already been in contact with prior to submitting. There was also an IE event the day before where a visiting professor came to teach a class so I had a chance to meet her there in person. Some tips — be prepared for "traditional" interview questions in addition to "MBA" questions. I got some of the tried and true questions like "What has your biggest challenge been in your career?" "What would you say your strengths are?" etc. I had prepared mostly for "MBA" interview questions so these were a bit of a surprise for me. Also, they seem to be much more focused on fit than on your background. Make sure you can explain exactly what it is about IE that attracted you to it and take some time to go over the program structure in detail. Go over the website thoroughly and pick out a few things that interest you so you can mention them in the interview. I got an obvious response when I pointed out specifics in the program.

Good luck to everyone else in their interviews!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2017, 14:18
Hmmm..
I had a couple of STAR format questions but most of them focussed on my experiences and personality, which was refreshing. The interview itself was conversational and the Admissions Director is a very pleasant person to interview with. FIT was definitely the focus of the interview and it went pretty well I thought. IMBA program brochure was very helpful - I'm yet to see a brochure with so much info from any other schools.
I was also asked what other programs I applied to and which one I would choose if given admit in both! a lil awkward but I tried to give an honest answer.

I think IE is a very proactive and dynamic school and they are trying to do a lot of things! Hope to hear some good news soon!

CW32 wrote:
harsha2085 wrote:
All the Best!

CW32 wrote:
Nice to see all of my fellow Canucks on this thread! Canadian here as well, I had my interview at the IE Decision Day event in Toronto on March 24th. Was told by the interviewer that I'd hear back in 3 weeks but I'm hoping it's sooner as the website says anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks. Fingers crossed!


Thanks! As for the interview, it was with the Admissions Director out of the Toronto office that I had already been in contact with prior to submitting. There was also an IE event the day before where a visiting professor came to teach a class so I had a chance to meet her there in person. Some tips — be prepared for "traditional" interview questions in addition to "MBA" questions. I got some of the tried and true questions like "What has your biggest challenge been in your career?" "What would you say your strengths are?" etc. I had prepared mostly for "MBA" interview questions so these were a bit of a surprise for me. Also, they seem to be much more focused on fit than on your background. Make sure you can explain exactly what it is about IE that attracted you to it and take some time to go over the program structure in detail. Go over the website thoroughly and pick out a few things that interest you so you can mention them in the interview. I got an obvious response when I pointed out specifics in the program.

Good luck to everyone else in their interviews!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jan 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.25
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2017, 05:55
Hey Guys, also a fellow Canadian that interviewed last week in Toronto. My interview experience was very similar to yours, asked some common personality questions and then the rest of the interview was based on fit. I think it went well so now its just a waiting game, they told me 2-3 weeks, really hope its 2 and I find out next week. Best of luck to everyone and hopefully there isn't a limit on the number of Canadians they accept haha

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Apr 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2017, 07:37
HI

I gave my Interview and ieGAT on the 23rd. Still awaiting final decision from the admissions committee. I sent them a mail as it was already 2 weeks and they got back saying that due to high number of applicants they would be getting back shortly. Also i herd that due to Easter it might be taking time. Hoping the results are positive though.

Anyone who gave their interviews around the same time received their results yet ?

Also i had a face to face interview with the admissions director. Should i be expecting a second interview ?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Location: Russian Federation
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2017, 07:50
Hi, I applied to GMBA, had an interview exactly 2 weeks ago and didn't get a decision yet either, although they told me they would get back within 2 weeks. My interview was also face-to-face.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jan 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.25
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2017, 07:24
nyj45 wrote:
Hey Guys, also a fellow Canadian that interviewed last week in Toronto. My interview experience was very similar to yours, asked some common personality questions and then the rest of the interview was based on fit. I think it went well so now its just a waiting game, they told me 2-3 weeks, really hope its 2 and I find out next week. Best of luck to everyone and hopefully there isn't a limit on the number of Canadians they accept haha


Hey Everyone, Received my admissions offer yesterday and excited to say I will be joining the IE IMBA Class of 2018! Looking forward to meeting everyone in September and best of luck to those applying and awaiting results.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Apr 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 07:57
nyj45 wrote:
nyj45 wrote:
Hey Guys, also a fellow Canadian that interviewed last week in Toronto. My interview experience was very similar to yours, asked some common personality questions and then the rest of the interview was based on fit. I think it went well so now its just a waiting game, they told me 2-3 weeks, really hope its 2 and I find out next week. Best of luck to everyone and hopefully there isn't a limit on the number of Canadians they accept haha


Hey Everyone, Received my admissions offer yesterday and excited to say I will be joining the IE IMBA Class of 2018! Looking forward to meeting everyone in September and best of luck to those applying and awaiting results.


Hi nyj45

When had you given your interview? Was there only one interview?

I finished mine on 23rd haven herd back from them yet. Do you suggest i contact the college by mail of phone ?

Regards

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 08:01
I had my interview on skype on 28th March, sent my country director an email this morning and just received reply with an admit!

I think you should hear back any time now or try sending an email.


mohammed.salmaan wrote:
nyj45 wrote:
nyj45 wrote:
Hey Guys, also a fellow Canadian that interviewed last week in Toronto. My interview experience was very similar to yours, asked some common personality questions and then the rest of the interview was based on fit. I think it went well so now its just a waiting game, they told me 2-3 weeks, really hope its 2 and I find out next week. Best of luck to everyone and hopefully there isn't a limit on the number of Canadians they accept haha


Hey Everyone, Received my admissions offer yesterday and excited to say I will be joining the IE IMBA Class of 2018! Looking forward to meeting everyone in September and best of luck to those applying and awaiting results.


Hi nyj45

When had you given your interview? Was there only one interview?

I finished mine on 23rd haven herd back from them yet. Do you suggest i contact the college by mail of phone ?

Regards

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2016
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 550 Q47 V19
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2017, 05:58
nyj45 wrote:
nyj45 wrote:
Hey Guys, also a fellow Canadian that interviewed last week in Toronto. My interview experience was very similar to yours, asked some common personality questions and then the rest of the interview was based on fit. I think it went well so now its just a waiting game, they told me 2-3 weeks, really hope its 2 and I find out next week. Best of luck to everyone and hopefully there isn't a limit on the number of Canadians they accept haha


Hey Everyone, Received my admissions offer yesterday and excited to say I will be joining the IE IMBA Class of 2018! Looking forward to meeting everyone in September and best of luck to those applying and awaiting results.



Hey nyj45,

why did you choose IE over Cass? Could you please Elaborate?

Kind regards

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Location: Canada
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
GPA: 3
WE: Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2017, 08:34
CW32 wrote:
Nice to see all of my fellow Canucks on this thread! Canadian here as well, I had my interview at the IE Decision Day event in Toronto on March 24th. Was told by the interviewer that I'd hear back in 3 weeks but I'm hoping it's sooner as the website says anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks. Fingers crossed!


Wanted to provide an update — I received my conditional offer of acceptance this past Friday via email. It did come a week late however as I was interviewed 4 weeks prior on March 24th. I also had to reach out to my Admissions Director to try and speed the process along. She told me that IE was closed for the entire week leading up to Easter which was likely the cause of delays. So, if you're still waiting for word, you should hopefully receive it soon.

I will likely be attending IE however I have an interview with ESADE on Monday and will see how quickly they get back to me. My preference is IE so ESADE will only become an option if they provide substantially more scholarship money than IE to make the cost more attractive.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2017, 09:00
Congrats!

I'm in the same boat waiting to hear about any scholarship from IE. I was told scholarship decision timeline is 3-4 weeks, I applied for financial aid 2 days after applying for admission so will probably hear back this week.

Did you do any research on placements in Europe or back in Canada? The latest report doesn't give much info about geographic mobility


CW32 wrote:
CW32 wrote:
Nice to see all of my fellow Canucks on this thread! Canadian here as well, I had my interview at the IE Decision Day event in Toronto on March 24th. Was told by the interviewer that I'd hear back in 3 weeks but I'm hoping it's sooner as the website says anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks. Fingers crossed!


Wanted to provide an update — I received my conditional offer of acceptance this past Friday via email. It did come a week late however as I was interviewed 4 weeks prior on March 24th. I also had to reach out to my Admissions Director to try and speed the process along. She told me that IE was closed for the entire week leading up to Easter which was likely the cause of delays. So, if you're still waiting for word, you should hopefully receive it soon.

I will likely be attending IE however I have an interview with ESADE on Monday and will see how quickly they get back to me. My preference is IE so ESADE will only become an option if they provide substantially more scholarship money than IE to make the cost more attractive.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Location: Canada
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
GPA: 3
WE: Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2017, 09:46
harsha2085 wrote:
Congrats!

I'm in the same boat waiting to hear about any scholarship from IE. I was told scholarship decision timeline is 3-4 weeks, I applied for financial aid 2 days after applying for admission so will probably hear back this week.

Did you do any research on placements in Europe or back in Canada? The latest report doesn't give much info about geographic mobility


CW32 wrote:
CW32 wrote:
Nice to see all of my fellow Canucks on this thread! Canadian here as well, I had my interview at the IE Decision Day event in Toronto on March 24th. Was told by the interviewer that I'd hear back in 3 weeks but I'm hoping it's sooner as the website says anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks. Fingers crossed!


Wanted to provide an update — I received my conditional offer of acceptance this past Friday via email. It did come a week late however as I was interviewed 4 weeks prior on March 24th. I also had to reach out to my Admissions Director to try and speed the process along. She told me that IE was closed for the entire week leading up to Easter which was likely the cause of delays. So, if you're still waiting for word, you should hopefully receive it soon.

I will likely be attending IE however I have an interview with ESADE on Monday and will see how quickly they get back to me. My preference is IE so ESADE will only become an option if they provide substantially more scholarship money than IE to make the cost more attractive.


I asked the Admissions Director that I interviewed with about placements in both Canada and Europe. Her response was that European VISA laws are rapidly changing which is making it easier for non-EU students to stay and work if they have the language skills. When it comes to positions in Canada, she told me that IE is working hard to expand their presence in Canada and that most of the recruiters that visit IE from MNC's are global recruiters as opposed to EU-only recruiters. This means that students can be hired for positions in their home countries before graduation by going through recruitment processes that start on campus in Madrid. Additionally, IE has partnerships with many of the major Canadian schools which allows IE students to have access to the same postings that students at the Canadian schools have meaning they can apply to jobs back home from Madrid. She also said that she and her team actively work to help find positions for Canadian students should they return home without a position after graduation. She even mentioned that from the last graduating class there was only one Canadian graduate that was still without a position and that she is in constant contact with that person and is actively trying to set up networking and interview opportunities for her.

Ultimately, however, non-EU students are at a natural disadvantage to EU students when it comes to EU positions and are also at a disadvantage when it comes to Canadian positions vs. the top tier Canadian schools (Rotman, Schulich, Ivey, Queens etc.). But what appeals to me about IE is that it opens doors globally much more than staying in Canada would, and Canadian schools have much less of a recruiter-based hiring system than U.S. programs do anyway. Staying in Canada to study essentially limits your opportunities to Canada-only, as it is far more difficult to transition to Europe/U.S./Middle East/Asia at a Canadian program that it would be at IE. My general feeling is that by attending a school in Europe you're opening more doors globally but will always be a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to entering certain markets than if you simply studied in those markets to begin with (eg. Canadian schools for Canada hiring, U.S. schools for U.S. hiring, UK schools for UK hiring, etc.) which I'm fine with as it's the additional options that interested me in the first place.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2015
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2017, 10:10
Awesome! What you said in the second paragraph is exactly why I am interested in IE! Canada is awesome but I want to transition into an international career.
I hope to meet some Alumni as well its been tough to get hold of them from Calgary.

All the best!

CW32 wrote:
harsha2085 wrote:
Congrats!

I'm in the same boat waiting to hear about any scholarship from IE. I was told scholarship decision timeline is 3-4 weeks, I applied for financial aid 2 days after applying for admission so will probably hear back this week.

Did you do any research on placements in Europe or back in Canada? The latest report doesn't give much info about geographic mobility


I asked the Admissions Director that I interviewed with about placements in both Canada and Europe. Her response was that European VISA laws are rapidly changing which is making it easier for non-EU students to stay and work if they have the language skills. When it comes to positions in Canada, she told me that IE is working hard to expand their presence in Canada and that most of the recruiters that visit IE from MNC's are global recruiters as opposed to EU-only recruiters. This means that students can be hired for positions in their home countries before graduation by going through recruitment processes that start on campus in Madrid. Additionally, IE has partnerships with many of the major Canadian schools which allows IE students to have access to the same postings that students at the Canadian schools have meaning they can apply to jobs back home from Madrid. She also said that she and her team actively work to help find positions for Canadian students should they return home without a position after graduation. She even mentioned that from the last graduating class there was only one Canadian graduate that was still without a position and that she is in constant contact with that person and is actively trying to set up networking and interview opportunities for her.

Ultimately, however, non-EU students are at a natural disadvantage to EU students when it comes to EU positions and are also at a disadvantage when it comes to Canadian positions vs. the top tier Canadian schools (Rotman, Schulich, Ivey, Queens etc.). But what appeals to me about IE is that it opens doors globally much more than staying in Canada would, and Canadian schools have much less of a recruiter-based hiring system than U.S. programs do anyway. Staying in Canada to study essentially limits your opportunities to Canada-only, as it is far more difficult to transition to Europe/U.S./Middle East/Asia at a Canadian program that it would be at IE. My general feeling is that by attending a school in Europe you're opening more doors globally but will always be a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to entering certain markets than if you simply studied in those markets to begin with (eg. Canadian schools for Canada hiring, U.S. schools for U.S. hiring, UK schools for UK hiring, etc.) which I'm fine with as it's the additional options that interested me in the first place.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 31 Mar 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Location: United States (VA)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 2.55
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2017, 21:01
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hello Everyone,

I received my conditional admit letter yesterday as well :-D

Now waiting on the funding decision - as I had applied for funding pretty late in the game - hopefully it should come in the next couple of weeks.

I am curious as to figuring out what I should be budgeting for my year in school -
While the school does a good job of giving you facts about what you are definitely going to pay i.e. tuition, housing, medical insurance, mobile phone, typical groceries, transit etc. I have asked the school reps and some alums as well during decision day regarding budgeting expenses over and above the obvious and have not been able to get a straight answer.

Everyone says you are going to be traveling far and wide during your year in school - many a times just to explore or for no academic reason, or because you are in Europe, or you will be pressed for time so be prepared to eat out frequently etc.

While I dont know how much of this I will be able to do and importantly afford, I am trying to figure out a number and bake this into my anticipated budget for school.

I get that the answer 'depends' various factors - but is there an average/rule of thumb to ballpark something like this?

Mainly -
[*]Any additional class-related expenses
[*]Typical dues for campus groups/clubs if there are any
[*]Things like 'national' dinners (which it seems happen quite frequently)
[*]Rule of thumb for incidentals (say per month)
[*]and of course - Travel

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Mar 2017
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 27

Location: India
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2017, 21:29
Hello!

Congratulations to all those who have been admitted to IE and good luck to those who are awaiting the final decision! I have been admitted for the September 2017 intake at IE. After two interviews, I finally got in a couple of days back. I have some days to reserve my place in the program but I am pretty sure I'll be going to IE so I should be doing that soon. I look forward to connecting with all of you who are heading to IE this year. I would be happy to answer any questions, if there are any.

Regards,
Pkaria

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 27

Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018!   [#permalink] 26 Apr 2017, 21:29

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 90 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all IE IMBA Applicants: September 2018 Intake! Narenn 2 07 Aug 2017, 13:42
Calling all IE MIM applicants- January 2017 intake (class of 2018) john.robin13@gmail.com 4 08 Mar 2017, 00:58
3 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all IE IMBA Aspirants: (Jan 2017 intake) Class of 2017 Corporate 20 28 Aug 2016, 23:00
9 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! tyor 84 14 Jul 2016, 10:11
2 Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!! cariafraweb 18 18 Nov 2015, 02:19
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aerien, BrushMyQuant



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.