GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Jun 2019, 14:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UCSD Rady MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all UCSD Rady MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2016, 23:41

V
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all UCSD Rady MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2016, 23:53
Welcome to all UCSD Rady full time MBA applicants! Use this platform to know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process.

Good luck to all!

V
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all UCSD Rady MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2016, 00:05
If anyone is interested in becoming ThreadMaster for this thread, please PM your request to me. Here you can learn more about duties and responsibilities of Threadmasters be-the-coolest-guy-in-the-mba-forum-be-a-threadmaster-152204.html
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2016, 00:18
Reserved Post.
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.21
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Calling all UCSD Rady MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2016, 16:45
I submitted my application here October 26th, received an interview invite on October 28th, had my in person interview November 8th with Sherry Hu. The interview was very standard with the usual questions and very conversational (Walk through resume, why mba/now/here, strengths, hobbies, volunteering, ethical dilemma, role model, etc.). She was able to share some wonderful answers to the questions that I posed at the end and gave me a great feel about the program. I took a tour of the Rady campus 2 weeks prior to applying which was extremely helpful and showed me a lot about the program which helped me in my decision to apply. Best of luck to everyone else, Rady seems like a great place for anyone with a mindset for innovation!

Do not compare yourself to others, compare yourself to who you were yesterday.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
WE: Supply Chain Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2016, 11:33
funkyleaf wrote:
I submitted my application here October 26th, received an interview invite on October 28th, had my in person interview November 8th with Sherry Hu. The interview was very standard with the usual questions and very conversational (Walk through resume, why mba/now/here, strengths, hobbies, volunteering, ethical dilemma, role model, etc.). She was able to share some wonderful answers to the questions that I posed at the end and gave me a great feel about the program. I took a tour of the Rady campus 2 weeks prior to applying which was extremely helpful and showed me a lot about the program which helped me in my decision to apply. Best of luck to everyone else, Rady seems like a great place for anyone with a mindset for innovation!

Good luck!!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2016, 09:08
Received an official admit to the full time program yesterday!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Reviews Badge
My UCSD Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2016, 11:45
Current Student
B
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE: Business Development (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 18:37
funkyleaf wrote:

When you toured the campus, did you do it through Rady? I've looked on their website and it says they run the tours the first and third Friday of every month, so I'm looking to schedule my interview around the 16th of this month (just received my invite today). Are these the only opportunities to tour campus or can I get someone to walk me around and answer questions re: MBA program outside of these Friday sessions?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 09:08
cmleibold wrote:
funkyleaf wrote:

When you toured the campus, did you do it through Rady? I've looked on their website and it says they run the tours the first and third Friday of every month, so I'm looking to schedule my interview around the 16th of this month (just received my invite today). Are these the only opportunities to tour campus or can I get someone to walk me around and answer questions re: MBA program outside of these Friday sessions?

Yes I did it through the Rady admissions office. Those Fridays are when they provide official tours from the admissions office but I am sure that if you email the admissions office and tell them your situation they should try to set you up with a student ambassador that can show you around the Rady buildings on whatever day you interview there. Goodluck!

Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 10:33
funkyleaf wrote:
Yes I did it through the Rady admissions office. Those Fridays are when they provide official tours from the admissions office but I am sure that if you email the admissions office and tell them your situation they should try to set you up with a student ambassador that can show you around the Rady buildings on whatever day you interview there. Goodluck!

Awesome, thanks for your help. It sounds like your interview experience was relatively standard and low stress. Were there any outside the box questions (i.e. How many wheels are there at your airport?)?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 10:50
cmleibold wrote:
funkyleaf wrote:

Awesome, thanks for your help. It sounds like your interview experience was relatively standard and low stress. Were there any outside the box questions (i.e. How many wheels are there at your airport?)?

No there were no strange questions of that sort. I think if you prepare appropriately there should not be any interview that is stressful unless you psyche yourself out! Remember you have accomplished a lot to get to this point, they just want to get to know the human behind the numbers on the transcripts and "action words" on the transcript.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 12:49
Got an Admit :)
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 18:47
Alchemist123 wrote:
Got an Admit :)

Congrats! Can you share your interview experience or anything that stood out to you about it? Who did you interview with? I have an interview next week with Jay Bryant.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2016, 17:24
funkyleaf got admitted to both UCI and UCSD too, have you decided which one you going to?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2016, 17:51
Got an admit
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V33
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.12
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2016, 00:17
Interviewed on 19-Dec with Jay Bryant. The interview took about 45 minutes. Most of the questions are pretty straightforward and common.
Got unofficial admit on 22-Dec since my new official GMAT score was not released yet.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.45
Reviews Badge
My UCSD Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2017, 12:12
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2017, 23:27
Hi,
Is there any international student? Btw,I got interview invitation? Please give me some detail about skype interview.

Thanks
Current Student
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2017, 17:30
got an admitted to FlexWeekend program. applied last week of May, interviewed with Jay on June 2nd
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all UCSD Rady MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 21 Jun 2017, 17:30

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 21 posts ] 

Calling all UCSD Rady MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status