Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 19:53 It is currently 04 May 2024, 19:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.74
WE:Business Development (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: International Business, Finance
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 671 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Originally posted by anox on 18 Jan 2017, 08:22.
Last edited by anox on 18 Jan 2017, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
vugi wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm applying for MBA at Stanford GSB and was looking for some assistance with Essays and Rec. Letters. Any suggestions, which Guide Books to use? Do you know anyone, who would assist with rec. letters and essay for a reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I found this guide for recommenders somewhere..don't know where, but it's a good start.
Guides for essays are on the university's website :)
Attachments

Guide for Recommenders.doc [33 KiB]
Downloaded 97 times

MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
vugi wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm applying for MBA at Stanford GSB and was looking for some assistance with Essays and Rec. Letters. Any suggestions, which Guide Books to use? Do you know anyone, who would assist with rec. letters and essay for a reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

Hi there, are you applying to R3 or MSx? I charge $70/hour (however will increase this soon) which is less than a third what most firms charge.
Feel free to book a consultation if you would like to speak about the possibility of working together.
Many thanks,
Farrell
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
When is the first day of orientation? And is there any pre-MBA trips or anything? When is everyone moving to Palo Alto?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Grulk75 wrote:
When is the first day of orientation? And is there any pre-MBA trips or anything? When is everyone moving to Palo Alto?

great question. I think there are pre-trips. I recall seeing some emails from uni about that...

ps. has anyone checked the prices for apartments in Palo Alto? damn!!! :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Has GSB released interview invites for R2 yet? When are/were they?
Board of Directors
Send PM
kmar1613 wrote:
Has GSB released interview invites for R2 yet? When are/were they?

my post on previous page contains this information
FYI, it's Feb 6 - March 8
Board of Directors
Send PM
so first...I get a phone call from CA...a guy got the wrong number...almost gave me a heart attack...
then received this email...again my heart almost froze for a moment...it's general info about R2

For just in case, here it is...

Hi, Victor
First things first -- this update is not specific to your Stanford MBA application. It pertains to all second-round applicants.

That said, we know waiting is hard! We have been hearing from candidates that knowing more about what's happening inside the "black box" might be helpful, so we are writing to share a little more information with you.

As promised, we will begin issuing interview invitations on 6 February.
Also, as promised, we will send invitations regularly through 8 March.
If you have not received an interview invitation by end of day 8 March, you will not be admitted this year.
We also want to share with you Stanford's response to the recent events regarding U.S. federal immigration policy. If you are affected by the president's January 27th executive order, we know that waiting for more information may be even harder for you. Please know that we are proceeding with our admissions process as usual and closely monitoring any potential implications for our current students and admitted students. Stanford University and the Graduate School of Business remain steadfast in the commitment to building a diverse global community of scholars and leaders.

Now, back to the interview process. Here are some of the questions we've received from you:

Why does it take so long? Why don't you send all the interview invitations on one date?

Because you're human and so are we. This is not an automated process. We respect the time and care you put into your application, and so we want to take the time to understand each applicant's background, aspirations, and potential. While scores and grades command attention in the blogosphere, each of you is more than a combination of statistics; we are building a community as well as a class. Yes, it's slower, but that is because real people are getting to know you through your application.

If I receive my interview invitation soon, does that mean I have a better chance of getting admitted?

No, we do not review applications in any particular order, and applicants are not ranked when we send out interview invitations. The timing of your interview invitation reflects only the order in which your application was reviewed - nothing more, nothing less.

Remind me, what happens next?
By 8 March, there will be three possibilities:
You have already been invited to interview, and your application is under consideration. On 30 March you will find out if you will be admitted, denied, or offered a spot in the waitpool.
You were not selected for an interview, and your application is denied. This decision is final. You will receive an email on 8 March notifying you to log in to your online application to view the status of your application.
You are being offered a spot in the waitpool with the possibility of being invited to interview at a future date. You will receive an email on 8 March notifying you to log in to your online application to view the status of your application.
Rest assured there is nothing more you need to do to get our attention or improve your chances for an interview; your application speaks for itself. We are enjoying the opportunity to learn about you through your application.

Warm regards,

Stanford MBA Admissions Office
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
today is the day!!!
good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Any lucky people here? : )
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10035 [0]
Given Kudos: 4544
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
mvictor wrote:
today is the day!!!
good luck to everyone!

Good luck guys! It's gonna be a long month.

Here's a snapshot of Stanford R2 application pool of GMATClub users. (Stats collected from decision tracker.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/stanford-gsb ... acker.html) Applicants from IT, consulting, and Finance industries dominate this application pool. Those who recently joined GMATClub, here is detailed analysis of GSB's admission trends.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p1726819

Good luck to all R2 folks again. Don't forget to submit your status on Decision tracker after getting your interview invite. https://gmatclub.com/forum/stanford-gsb ... acker.html

Stanford R2 (GMATClub Users)
# of ApplicantsAvg GMAT
Total117715
US25719
India8728
Latin America4690
Africa4670
Canada3730
UK2700
Singapore2770
Russia2700
Japan1720
Italy1760
France1760
Location Undisclosed64705

Attachment:
GSB R2 Application Pool.png
GSB R2 Application Pool.png [ 60.95 KiB | Viewed 6371 times ]
Board of Directors
Send PM
Thanks, Narenn for the above...
pretty tough competition...
Board of Directors
Send PM
massimilianogo
congrats on being the first one from GMAT Club to be invited to interview!!!
from the first day! woah that's a relief for you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
mvictor wrote:
massimilianogo

mvictor Thanks! However I'll feel relieved only after I get the offer! :P
TBH I initially thought it was a phishing attack...
Board of Directors
Send PM
massimilianogo wrote:
mvictor wrote:
massimilianogo

mvictor Thanks! However I'll feel relieved only after I get the offer! :P
TBH I initially thought it was a phishing attack...

hey! you should be proud of yourself, only 1/7 of all applicants are getting interviewed; it is still a great achievement!!!
Do you mind sharing the content of the email? :)
has your status changed on the application website? :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
three interview invite updates on Livewire including one from India. A consistent trend - all have high GMAT score.
Good luck folks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Anyone else got the invite? And congrats massimilianogo ! What time did you receive the invite?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  27   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts