GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 19 Jan 2020, 13:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Board of Directors
P
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2017, 13:28
2017appmachine - congrats on receiving the invite!!!

+2 more invites on livewire.
2 candidates with 690 GMAT
while writing this post, another one got an invite..790 GMAT...
another update: 5 on livewire + 1 on gmatclub, but I suspect 1 from livewire is the same person who reported on gmatclub)
Current Student
B
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2017, 17:38
mvictor wrote:

another update: 5 on livewire + 1 on gmatclub, but I suspect 1 from livewire is the same person who reported on gmatclub)

So only 5 R2 candidates received invite so far?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GPA: 3
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2017, 17:41
sc11 wrote:
mvictor wrote:

Sorry to ask what is live wire?

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2017, 18:11
virgidello wrote:
sc11 wrote:
mvictor wrote:

Sorry to ask what is live wire?

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

check clearadmit.com. It has livewire where applicants post their status. https://www.clearadmit.com/livewire/?sc ... iew-invite

BTW 6 people received interview calls today and 3 received on 6 Feb so 9 in total.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GPA: 3
Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2017, 18:13
sc11 wrote:

check clearadmit.com. It has livewire where applicants post their status. https://www.clearadmit.com/livewire/?sc ... iew-invite

BTW 6 people received interview calls today and 3 received on 6 Feb so 9 in total.

Thanks!

edited by mvictor - please use correctly tags. thank you!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2017, 18:55
Do you think they are comparing applicants by pre-MBA background or post-MBA career choice?
It seems like today three out of six candidates listed finance as their post-MBA career field.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 01 May 2017, 22:47
Hi all

Anyone else feeling slightly anxious?

Originally posted by blahblahgirl on 15 Feb 2017, 01:57.
Last edited by blahblahgirl on 01 May 2017, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 03:53
blahblahgirl wrote:
Hi all

Another conundrum I am finding myself in. This is about my father's qualification. I knew he had done a bachelors from a very well known university in India (one of the IITs) and I wrote that on my application.

However, now, I came to know that he was also studying for his own MBA, via distance learning and he has completed it. He now has an MBA degree from a not-very-well-known-college.

Should I update the adcom of the change in my father's qualifications? This is potentially an embarrassing situation. The adcom might think that she doesn't know what her own father is upto. Will this raise eyebrows?

Sorry for being blunt, but are you serious?

You mean someone in adcom will
(1) Check background of parents of 8000 applicants from all over the world (hint: they don't do it even for applicants themselves), most of whom have graduated from Noname University of Doesthiscountryevenexist Country 30 years ago and
(2) Disqualify you just because some information is not up to date?

I can imagine adcom raising eyebrows not due to mismatch, but due to this kind of "update".
Board of Directors
P

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 10:55
Hertz wrote:
blahblahgirl wrote:
Hi all

Another conundrum I am finding myself in. This is about my father's qualification. I knew he had done a bachelors from a very well known university in India (one of the IITs) and I wrote that on my application.

However, now, I came to know that he was also studying for his own MBA, via distance learning and he has completed it. He now has an MBA degree from a not-very-well-known-college.

Should I update the adcom of the change in my father's qualifications? This is potentially an embarrassing situation. The adcom might think that she doesn't know what her own father is upto. Will this raise eyebrows?

Sorry for being blunt, but are you serious?

You mean someone in adcom will
(1) Check background of parents of 8000 applicants from all over the world (hint: they don't do it even for applicants themselves), most of whom have graduated from Noname University of Doesthiscountryevenexist Country 30 years ago and
(2) Disqualify you just because some information is not up to date?

I can imagine adcom raising eyebrows not due to mismatch, but due to this kind of "update".

haha! completely agree. I don't think they check this kind of information...I believe it is more for the statistics...
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 12:45
I was fortunate enough to receive an invite today, but I will continue to post these if people find them helpful... feedback appreciated.
Attachments

R2D9.png
R2D9.png [ 149.83 KiB | Viewed 1892 times ]

Board of Directors
P

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 12:56
whodis wrote:
I was fortunate enough to receive an invite today, but I will continue to post these if people find them helpful... feedback appreciated.

congrats!!!
I don't know whether the statistics you post is helpful or just brings additional anxiety..hehe!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 12:59
mvictor wrote:
whodis wrote:

congrats!!!
I don't know whether the statistics you post is helpful or just brings additional anxiety..hehe!

Yikes well I certainly do not want to cause any anxiety.. I just found it helpful to know how they were trickling out while I was waiting, but I absolutely do not want to cause unnecessary stress. Unless anyone else wants them, I'll cut them off. Sorry for the stress MVICTOR!
Board of Directors
P

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 13:04
whodis wrote:
mvictor wrote:
whodis wrote:

congrats!!!

Yikes well I certainly do not want to cause any anxiety.. I just found it helpful to know how they were trickling out while I was waiting, but I absolutely do not want to cause unnecessary stress. Unless anyone else wants them, I'll cut them off. Sorry for the stress MVICTOR!

By all means, do not stop. :)
It is still good to have this info.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 13:07
whodis wrote:

Congrats. I think they are helpful. At least we know that invites trickle in and chances are still there. You ahve done a good job there.

Livewire shows 2 more invites today.

Can you share your stats? location, gmat, exp etc.

Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 13:23
sc11 wrote:
whodis wrote:

Congrats. I think they are helpful. At least we know that invites trickle in and chances are still there. You ahve done a good job there.

Livewire shows 2 more invites today.

Can you share your stats? location, gmat, exp etc.

Best of luck.

Thanks! I am hesitant to share my stats because I am paranoid about maintaining my anonymity. I am based in California and have scores/grades well within the typical ranges - very strong but not elite. Top 5 Liberal Arts undergrad. Finance / tech background.

On another note: for anyone who has received an invite- how long between confirming your location info and being matched with an interviewer?
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 14:14
You should definitely not contact the adcom about this. They just ask for that information for data-collection/analyzing purposes -- it doesn't affect your candidacy at all. Contacting them about this would come off like you are not well informed about how the purpose works (or it could be seen like you're just wanting to "check in" with them during a very busy time on their end, which could annoy them). Hope that helps!

blahblahgirl wrote:
Hi all

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 14:31
whodis wrote:

Congratulations!! I still find these incredibly helpful!! Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
B
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 20:05
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
You should definitely not contact the adcom about this. They just ask for that information for data-collection/analyzing purposes -- it doesn't affect your candidacy at all. Contacting them about this would come off like you are not well informed about how the purpose works (or it could be seen like you're just wanting to "check in" with them during a very busy time on their end, which could annoy them). Hope that helps!

blahblahgirl wrote:
Hi all

Hi Erika,

Do you know what Stanford's process is re: interview invites? It's been 10 days since they started distributing them and I was curious whether thye do this by region, pre-mba career, post-mba career etc.?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford '19 (S)

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 00:35
whodis wrote:

Hello Whodis, thanks for sharing and congrats!! What time did you receive your invite? 1pm EST?
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 11:44
What I can confidently say is that it's impossible to know their method for sending out invites, but what I DO know is that they will send out invites right up until the very last day of their stated invite range. My past clients have gotten invites on the final day, and there seems to have been no discernible pattern over the past eight years I've been doing this. Meaning it's not like a certain country, industry/role, etc. consistently got invites at the beginning, middle or end of the range. Trying to figure out that sort of thing is a sure recipe for crazy-making! : )

So really all I can assure everyone still waiting to hear is that it truly "ain't over till it's over." My clients who have gotten invites on the last day of the range were ultimately accepted, so it's not like they're sending out invites to the "best" people first or anything like that.

Hope that helps to calm some nerves!

Good luck to everyone!

deetdeet wrote:
SBCErikaOlson wrote:

blahblahgirl wrote:
Hi all

Hi Erika,

Do you know what Stanford's process is re: interview invites? It's been 10 days since they started distributing them and I was curious whether thye do this by region, pre-mba career, post-mba career etc.?

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 16 Feb 2017, 11:44

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  28    Next  [ 542 posts ] 

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: erlandgas