Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Stats through Wed 2/22 (day 17 of 31). Biggest day yet with 7 invites posted on livewire. Looks like mostly tech.
Attachments

R2D17.png
R2D17.png [ 150.75 KiB | Viewed 2575 times ]

Board of Directors
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
whodis wrote:
Stats through Wed 2/22 (day 17 of 31). Biggest day yet with 7 invites posted on livewire. Looks like mostly tech.

Based on the comments there, I believe some of them are trolls :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
mvictor wrote:
whodis wrote:

Based on the comments there, I believe some of them are trolls :(

I'm afraid you're probably right... but I'm guessing there were also trolls in past cycles, so hopefully the trend comparison is still more or less fair.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Sigh. Is it time to give up on you, GSB? Only a week and a half more of invites and I'm still interviewless :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
As you said. Still a week more to go.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
I interviewed a few days ago. I've had better, wasn't bad, but wasnt amazing. Any idea on how much the interview matters? Losing sleep here.. Any guidance or tips appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Yas2017 wrote:
I interviewed a few days ago. I've had better, wasn't bad, but wasnt amazing. Any idea on how much the interview matters? Losing sleep here.. Any guidance or tips appreciated.

Some people are of the opinion that they do not matter at all: https://poetsandquants.com/2014/10/07/ho ... terview/4/

What do you all think?

My experience was that the interviewer was very friendly, asked the expected questions with an air of "I have to do this part", and then we mostly had a conversation about why he really enjoyed his time at GSB and how it's helped him since. It had that common problem with all "easy" interviews: unless you said something absurd and get dinged, it felt pretty hard to really stand out.
Board of Directors
Send PM
skiingavo wrote:
Yas2017 wrote:

Some people are of the opinion that they do not matter at all: https://poetsandquants.com/2014/10/07/ho ... terview/4/

What do you all think?

My experience was that the interviewer was very friendly, asked the expected questions with an air of "I have to do this part", and then we mostly had a conversation about why he really enjoyed his time at GSB and how it's helped him since. It had that common problem with all "easy" interviews: unless you said something absurd and get dinged, it felt pretty hard to really stand out.

yes...Stanford indeed points out that interview is not more important than any other part of the application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Send PM
skiingavo wrote:
Yas2017 wrote:

What do you all think?

Thanks for that link. I have seen Sandy say on multiple times that the interview doesn't come into play much unless you say something ridiculous and get dinged. Fingers crossed and waiting..
Current Student
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Guys I've pretty much forgot about this application thingy then here is an interview from GSB!!!

I do think I have interesting story but I've totally messed up the GMAT...
So I only handed in the application to sort of try it out.

I did not think about the interview prep at all and was struggling whether I should retake the GMAT or forget about this whole thing and focus on expanding my company.

ahhh, now I think I need even more luck and blessing and a lot more Interview tips!!!

Can anyone be kind enough to share?

how many days do I have to confirm this interview?

Invited to Interview on: 2017/02/28
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 650, Q45, V34
WE: 80 months
Industry: Real Estate/entrepreneurship
Invited on: 2017/02/28

Originally posted by Cincia on 28 Feb 2017, 07:52.
Last edited by Cincia on 28 Feb 2017, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 73
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Congrats. Did your profile go under review a long time ago?

Current Student
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
yodboy wrote:
Congrats. Did your profile go under review a long time ago?

emm...what do you mean?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GPA: 3
Send PM
hbsangel wrote:
Guys I've pretty much forgot about this application thingy then here is an interview from GSB!!!

I do think I have interesting story but I've totally messed up the GMAT...
So I only handed in the application to sort of try it out.

I did not think about the interview prep at all and was struggling whether I should retake the GMAT or forget about this whole thing and focus on expanding my company.

ahhh, now I think I need even more luck and blessing and a lot more Interview tips!!!

Can anyone be kind enough to share?

how many days do I have to confirm this interview?

Invited to Interview on: 2017/02/28
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 650, Q45, V34
WE: 80 months
Industry: Real Estate/entrepreneurship
Invited on: 2017/02/28

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [1]
Send PM