GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 19 Jan 2020, 11:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2016, 23:59
Thursday, December 22: Live Chat for R2/R3 HBS, GSB, Wharton, and Booth Applicants with PersonalMBACoach

Dear Applicants, This Thursday we are conducting a live chat for applicants targeting HBS, GSB, Wharton, or Booth in R2/R3. In this chat Scott Edinburgh, Wharton MBA graduate and founder of PersonalMBACoach will chat with applicants and answer their questions regarding applications, essays, recommendations, etc. Scott has helped hundreds of applicants get into their dream schools since last eight years. Besides perfecting the MBA admissions process, he has also worked across consulting, financial services and strategy & corporate development roles before becoming a Full-Time admissions consultant.

Hope to see you all in the event. Thank you!

December 22, 2016 | Thursday | 8 AM Pacific Time (11 AM ET; 4 PM GMT; 9:30 PM India) | Place:New Chat Room
Add this event to your Google calendar

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 05:07

Stanford Class of 2016 Employment Report: Key Highlights

• Both mean and median base salaries at record high. Mean base salary is $140,553 and median base salary is $136,000; Both up by 5% than last year's figures.
  • 90% students received job offers within 3 months of graduation; Drop of 2 percentage points from last year.
  • 57% of the students that received job offers changed industry, 61% changed function, 55% changed location, and 43% changed level of responsibility.
  • Technology and finance are once again the leading industries in hiring GSB graduates, hiring 33% and 31% students respectively. Consulting ranked third with 16%
  • 15% of the graduates started their own ventures. Drop of 1 percentage point from last year.

Full employment report can be downloded here.... https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/sites/gsb/ ... a-2016.pdf

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 08:28
Guys, what would be a good GRE score for Stanford?
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 08:37
KarinaA wrote:

Check out this post on our GRE site; Avg GRE score of last year's Stanford admits was 164, so it's better to have higher GRE score than school's average score.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 08:41
Narenn wrote:
KarinaA wrote:

Check out this post on our GRE site; Avg GRE score of last year's Stanford admits was 164, so it's better to have higher GRE score than school's average score.

Thank you so much! I know admission offices say exams are taken equally but wondering if anyone knows if there is any disadvantage in using GRE instead of GMAT?
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.73

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2016, 03:24
Does anyone knows if yesterday's stanford webinar is going to be posted somewhere?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2016, 10:15
Posted this in waitlisted thread, but got no replies. So posting it here.

Anyone know acceptance rate for waitlisted applicants with interview?

Also i have a low GMAT score (below 700). Do you think retaking the GMAT would help any chances of getting off the waiting list? Also when should I typically schedule the GMAT? When would be a good time to let the adcom know about the score change and also have enough time for preparation?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2016, 08:32
Hi Guys, We will start the chat in 20 minutes. If you are around join us in the chat room.. mchat.php?fl=menu

Narenn wrote:
Thursday, December 22: Live Chat for R2/R3 HBS, GSB, Wharton, and Booth Applicants with PersonalMBACoach

Dear Applicants, This Thursday we are conducting a live chat for applicants targeting HBS, GSB, Wharton, or Booth in R2/R3. In this chat Scott Edinburgh, Wharton MBA graduate and founder of PersonalMBACoach will chat with applicants and answer their questions regarding applications, essays, recommendations, etc. Scott has helped hundreds of applicants get into their dream schools since last eight years. Besides perfecting the MBA admissions process, he has also worked across consulting, financial services and strategy & corporate development roles before becoming a Full-Time admissions consultant.

Hope to see you all in the event. Thank you!

December 22, 2016 | Thursday | 8 AM Pacific Time (11 AM ET; 4 PM GMT; 9:30 PM India) | Place:New Chat Room
Add this event to your Google calendar

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Recommender not following instruction  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2016, 16:31
Hi!

Im applying for R2 and my recommender just told me that he sent out the recommendation, however he FORGOT to use double space.

Do you think I should contact them or is there anything I can do?

Thanks and best of luck!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2016, 16:36
Hi!

Im applying for R2 and my recommender just told me that he sent out the recommendation, however he FORGOT to use double space.

Thanks and best of luck!
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2016, 11:53
Definitely do not contact them about this. It is not a big deal and they are swamped right now.

Trust me, they're used to getting all sorts of crazy things from recommenders. : ) Your recommender not double-spacing is not going to affect your chances - they know you can't control what your recommenders do.

Definitely don't worry about this! Good luck!

lauragomez89 wrote:
Hi!

Thanks and best of luck!

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2016, 11:55
My belief is that the applicant should go with whatever test score is strongest. I don't think there is a disadvantage to going with the GRE if that's all you've taken and/or your GMAT is lower.

Good luck!

KarinaA wrote:
Narenn wrote:
KarinaA wrote:

Thank you so much! I know admission offices say exams are taken equally but wondering if anyone knows if there is any disadvantage in using GRE instead of GMAT?

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: Stanford '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 2.9
WE: Project Management (Retail Banking)

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2017, 13:03
Hello to all R2 folks!
I guess that most of you are putting finishing touches on your essays and other parts of the application.
I wish you to make your best and to meet the deadlines!!!

I am applying in R2 as well. I know that after the 10th of January we will have at least 60 tough days in a waiting game.
I suppose it will be a good idea to practice together for the interview via skype during this time.
Feel free to write me in PM or directly in skype (idkksh)!
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 03:12
Anybody from India who got admitted in round 1.. need some suggestions on R2 application!

Thanks
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 03:18
diehardmbafan wrote:
Anybody from India who got admitted in round 1.. need some suggestions on R2 application!

Thanks

As forum stats there's just one applicant from India who got in to Stanford in R1. Calling s147 in the discussion.

Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 04:41
Narenn wrote:
diehardmbafan wrote:

Thanks

As forum stats there's just one applicant from India who got in to Stanford in R1. Calling s147 in the discussion.

Thanks Narenn.
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2017, 12:22
Understand its too late to post this, but for R2 applicants this should help

Effective GSB Essays from the dean of admission

https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/programs/m ... ive-essays

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford '19 (S)

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2017, 23:55
Hi everyone
I am applying for R2 and needed advice.
There is an option to apply to both the programs (MBA and MSx) with the same application. I have 10yrs of work experience, but am more keen on the MBA program. Would using a common application damage my chances for the MBA program?
Thanks in advance.
Board of Directors
P
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 09:48
Round 2 deadline is tomorrow...Good luck to everyone! I sent my application already! :)
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.23

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 09:56
I think I will apply next year
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 09 Jan 2017, 09:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  28    Next  [ 542 posts ] 

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: erlandgas