It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 21:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
CEO
CEO
G

Kudos [?]: 361 [0], given: 176

Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Stanford '20
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 11:01
profbiodun

congrats on getting in with a score of 610 on GMAT! I must imagine that your other parts of the application were stellar. Please share some of the insights and maybe your experience with the application process! I would love to hear it! :)

CEO
CEO
G

Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2017, 13:30
only minutes left till R2 deadline!!! :)

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 16

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.73
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2017, 14:42
Submitted! Let's hope for the best

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 16

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Schools: Stanford '19 (A)
GPA: 3.54

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 10:40
mvictor wrote:
profbiodun

congrats on getting in with a score of 610 on GMAT! I must imagine that your other parts of the application were stellar. Please share some of the insights and maybe your experience with the application process! I would love to hear it! :)

Hey mvictor , i didn't get any notification that i got a mention. i would have loved to help. please get in touch via pm next time.

For my application experience, I didn't get to use an admission consultant and my essay was about social impact. What helped was asking myself - why request for each of the information? - and how my answer will reinforce my overall goal.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

CEO
CEO
G

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2017, 11:15
received an email from Stanford...and my heart almost skipped a beat...
it is about the next steps....about interview invites etc...
ukh.. :)

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 755 [0], given: 595

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2017, 11:18
mvictor wrote:

Congratulations on the interview invite :)

Give me a hell yeah ...!!!!!

Kudos [?]: 755 [0], given: 595

CEO
CEO
G

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2017, 11:24
stonecold wrote:
mvictor wrote:

Congratulations on the interview invite :)

it's not an invite...it's info about the process..haha...wish i were invited though :D

Stanford Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 14

GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2017, 22:24
Wishing all the best to all the applicants:)

As mentioned in the email sent by Stanford - we should start hearing from GSB from Feb 6..

Cheers

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 14

1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
G

Kudos [?]: 361 [1] , given: 176

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2017, 08:41
This post received
KUDOS
dear applicants! Please change your status from researching or writing essays to submitted, if you have done so. Let's keep the application/decision tracker updated!

Kudos [?]: 361 [1] , given: 176

CEO
CEO
G

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2017, 10:05
This is the email I got few days ago:

Hi, Victor
Thank you again for applying to the Stanford MBA Program. We know you made a significant investment in your application; we value your effort and hope you found the process rewarding.

The days and months after submitting your application can be daunting. To alleviate some of this anxiety, we have outlined the next steps of the review process below.

Admission Process Dates

10 January 2017: Round 2 Deadline
Beginning on deadline day, the MBA Admissions Office prepares applications for review and distributes them to members of our team to read. Over the subsequent weeks, we review applications and decide which candidates will move to the next stage.

6 February through 8 March 2017: Interview Invitations
During this period, we will extend interview invitations daily via email. Interviews are by invitation only, and an interview is required for admission. We hope to interview roughly 1,000 applicants this application year.

If you are invited to interview, you will receive that invitation between 6 February through 8 March . If you have not received an interview invitation by 8 March, you will not be interviewed in this round.

8 March 2017: Application Status Update
On 8 March, you may log in to your online application for an update on the status of your application. At this stage, there will be three possibilities:

You have already been invited to interview, and will receive a final decision on 30 March. On 30 March you will find out if you will be admitted, denied, or offered a spot in the waitpool.
You were not selected for an interview, and your application is denied. This decision is final.
You are being offered a spot in the waitpool with the possibility of being invited to interview at a future date.
30 March 2017: Decision Notification Date
All official decisions will be released and available when you log in to your online application.

Rest assured there is nothing more you need to do to get our attention or improve your chances for an interview; your application speaks for itself. Out of fairness to all applicants, we don't consider information submitted after the application deadline.

Thank you!

Thanks in advance for your patience. During the coming weeks, we will review each and every application. Getting to know you and your fellow applicants takes time, but the result will be a tremendous Stanford MBA Class of 2019.

If you have questions, please contact us at +1.650.723.2766.

Thank you again for your interest in Stanford. We are excited to learn more about you.

Stanford MBA Admissions Office

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.74
WE: Business Development (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2017, 20:35
mvictor wrote:
dear applicants! Please change your status from researching or writing essays to submitted, if you have done so. Let's keep the application/decision tracker updated!

Keeping my status updated! Heart stopped for a second when I saw that email come across as well! Haha, best of luck to you!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Concentration: International Business, Finance
Need assistance with Rec. letter and Essays for Stanford GSB MBA! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2017, 07:41
Hi everyone, I'm applying for MBA at Stanford GSB and was looking for some assistance with Essays and Rec. Letters. Any suggestions, which Guide Books to use? Do you know anyone, who would assist with rec. letters and essay for a reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 31

GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Need assistance with Rec. letter and Essays for Stanford GSB MBA! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2017, 08:22

Last edited by anox on 18 Jan 2017, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 31

CEO
CEO
G

Re: Need assistance with Rec. letter and Essays for Stanford GSB MBA! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2017, 08:23
vugi wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm applying for MBA at Stanford GSB and was looking for some assistance with Essays and Rec. Letters. Any suggestions, which Guide Books to use? Do you know anyone, who would assist with rec. letters and essay for a reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I found this guide for recommenders somewhere..don't know where, but it's a good start.
Guides for essays are on the university's website :)
Attachments

Guide for Recommenders.doc [33 KiB]
Downloaded 38 times

To download please login or register as a user

Expert Post
Director
Director
S
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 69

Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Need assistance with Rec. letter and Essays for Stanford GSB MBA! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2017, 23:53
vugi wrote:

Hi there, are you applying to R3 or MSx? I charge $70/hour (however will increase this soon) which is less than a third what most firms charge.
Feel free to book a consultation if you would like to speak about the possibility of working together.
Many thanks,
Farrell

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 69

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2017, 13:00
When is the first day of orientation? And is there any pre-MBA trips or anything? When is everyone moving to Palo Alto?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

CEO
CEO
G

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2017, 13:10
Grulk75 wrote:
When is the first day of orientation? And is there any pre-MBA trips or anything? When is everyone moving to Palo Alto?

great question. I think there are pre-trips. I recall seeing some emails from uni about that...

ps. has anyone checked the prices for apartments in Palo Alto? damn!!! :D

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2017, 14:52
Has GSB released interview invites for R2 yet? When are/were they?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

CEO
CEO
G

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2017, 15:00
kmar1613 wrote:
Has GSB released interview invites for R2 yet? When are/were they?

my post on previous page contains this information
FYI, it's Feb 6 - March 8

CEO
CEO
G

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2017, 13:19
so first...I get a phone call from CA...a guy got the wrong number...almost gave me a heart attack...
then received this email...again my heart almost froze for a moment...it's general info about R2

For just in case, here it is...

Hi, Victor
First things first -- this update is not specific to your Stanford MBA application. It pertains to all second-round applicants.

That said, we know waiting is hard! We have been hearing from candidates that knowing more about what's happening inside the "black box" might be helpful, so we are writing to share a little more information with you.

As promised, we will begin issuing interview invitations on 6 February.
Also, as promised, we will send invitations regularly through 8 March.
If you have not received an interview invitation by end of day 8 March, you will not be admitted this year.
We also want to share with you Stanford's response to the recent events regarding U.S. federal immigration policy. If you are affected by the president's January 27th executive order, we know that waiting for more information may be even harder for you. Please know that we are proceeding with our admissions process as usual and closely monitoring any potential implications for our current students and admitted students. Stanford University and the Graduate School of Business remain steadfast in the commitment to building a diverse global community of scholars and leaders.

Now, back to the interview process. Here are some of the questions we've received from you:

Why does it take so long? Why don't you send all the interview invitations on one date?

Because you're human and so are we. This is not an automated process. We respect the time and care you put into your application, and so we want to take the time to understand each applicant's background, aspirations, and potential. While scores and grades command attention in the blogosphere, each of you is more than a combination of statistics; we are building a community as well as a class. Yes, it's slower, but that is because real people are getting to know you through your application.

If I receive my interview invitation soon, does that mean I have a better chance of getting admitted?

No, we do not review applications in any particular order, and applicants are not ranked when we send out interview invitations. The timing of your interview invitation reflects only the order in which your application was reviewed - nothing more, nothing less.

Remind me, what happens next?
By 8 March, there will be three possibilities:
You have already been invited to interview, and your application is under consideration. On 30 March you will find out if you will be admitted, denied, or offered a spot in the waitpool.
You were not selected for an interview, and your application is denied. This decision is final. You will receive an email on 8 March notifying you to log in to your online application to view the status of your application.
You are being offered a spot in the waitpool with the possibility of being invited to interview at a future date. You will receive an email on 8 March notifying you to log in to your online application to view the status of your application.
Rest assured there is nothing more you need to do to get our attention or improve your chances for an interview; your application speaks for itself. We are enjoying the opportunity to learn about you through your application.

Warm regards,

Stanford MBA Admissions Office

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 03 Feb 2017, 13:19

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  27    Next  [ 540 posts ]