Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 10:19 It is currently 06 May 2024, 10:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Technology
GRE 1: Q165 V162
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Other
GPA: 3.89
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
NovDjokovic wrote:
Hopeful2018 wrote:
freddiek wrote:
If what I'm speculating is correct, I don't know if I'll apply again. Really wish they would make the classroom more diverse and accept people with career goals other than operations. It's such a good program and has such a narrow focus :(. Really envoy of all of you that got accepted.

Yas2017 I don't think your visa status was a factor. They would have been explicit about he issue for international applicants

Those that were unfortunate, anyone going to Sloan if they get accepted?

I got accepted into round 2. I got the email yesterday, but I'm not going to take the position to just Sloan. I really value the engineering degree, and want that more than the MBA. I think I'll try for this year's LGO class of 2020, and if it doesn't work, then I'm done. I'm also going to try and apply through the engineering school, and not through Sloan this coming year. Switch it up to see if that improves my chances.

Hey congrats still though! That is not an easy feat to just get into Sloan, I would really take your time deciding on this before rejecting (unless maybe you literally have 0 funding and walking into ~100K+ of debt).

If the MBA side isn't your primary concern, have you considered MIT's SDM program? It's basically an little brother to LGO but you get MS in Engineering and Management from both Sloan and SOE. You can easily finance the degree over 1.5 years if you do a TA/RA, participate in start-ups, and pick your favorite business/eng classes without the fixed curricula of LGO. I'm actually still debating both at the moment as I also value the engineering side a bit more.

I'll have to look into that.

It was nice not getting the rejection from Sloan. Yet anyway. ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hopeful2018 - you already found out you got accepted into Sloan? I got the email saying my application is still being considered for Round 2 and I would hear April 3rd. My company has already given me my contract for my post-China move and begrudgingly allowed me to wait until March 22nd to start the visa process so I could wait to hear from HBS. I'm pretty sure if HBS is a ding, I'll take the job and try my luck in a year or two instead of waiting for Sloan right now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Other
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
ChemEng2013 wrote:
Hopeful2018 - you already found out you got accepted into Sloan? I got the email saying my application is still being considered for Round 2 and I would hear April 3rd. My company has already given me my contract for my post-China move and begrudgingly allowed me to wait until March 22nd to start the visa process so I could wait to hear from HBS. I'm pretty sure if HBS is a ding, I'll take the job and try my luck in a year or two instead of waiting for Sloan right now.

Sorry, it may be a different email. Last year they sent a ding a while after LGO. I didn't get this email that was sent yesterday last year. It was saying I'm considered for round 2 Sloan. I may have misspoken, sorry, not accepted to the school, just considered for round 2. Hopefully that clears up the confusion. This was the email I got.

This email is to confirm that your Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) application will now be considered as a part of our MBA Round 2 applicant pool.  

As we will continue to review LGO applicants interview invitations will be sent as needed.  If you were already interviewed as a part of your LGO evaluation process, an additional interview will not be necessary.  You will receive a final decision from us on April 3, 2017.

Thanks for your continued patience throughout this process.

Sincerely, 

The MIT Sloan Admissions Team
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
NovDjokovic wrote:
Hopeful2018 wrote:
freddiek wrote:
If what I'm speculating is correct, I don't know if I'll apply again. Really wish they would make the classroom more diverse and accept people with career goals other than operations. It's such a good program and has such a narrow focus :(. Really envoy of all of you that got accepted.

Yas2017 I don't think your visa status was a factor. They would have been explicit about he issue for international applicants

Those that were unfortunate, anyone going to Sloan if they get accepted?

I got accepted into round 2. I got the email yesterday, but I'm not going to take the position to just Sloan. I really value the engineering degree, and want that more than the MBA. I think I'll try for this year's LGO class of 2020, and if it doesn't work, then I'm done. I'm also going to try and apply through the engineering school, and not through Sloan this coming year. Switch it up to see if that improves my chances.

Hey congrats still though! That is not an easy feat to just get into Sloan, I would really take your time deciding on this before rejecting (unless maybe you literally have 0 funding and walking into ~100K+ of debt).

If the MBA side isn't your primary concern, have you considered MIT's SDM program? It's basically an little brother to LGO but you get MS in Engineering and Management from both Sloan and SOE. You can easily finance the degree over 1.5 years if you do a TA/RA, participate in start-ups, and pick your favorite business/eng classes without the fixed curricula of LGO. I'm actually still debating both at the moment as I also value the engineering side a bit more.

This is quite interesting to hear. I thought SDM is the older brother to LGO. You need much more experience to get in. And when you enter the job market, you're usually aiming for VP level positions in most companies. I know somebody on this forum who got LGO and SDM and might go for the latter. I haven't personally looked into SDM to be certain, but I'll dig in.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
[quote/][quote/]
If the MBA side isn't your primary concern, have you considered MIT's SDM program? It's basically an little brother to LGO but you get MS in Engineering and Management from both Sloan and SOE. You can easily finance the degree over 1.5 years if you do a TA/RA, participate in start-ups, and pick your favorite business/eng classes without the fixed curricula of LGO. I'm actually still debating both at the moment as I also value the engineering side a bit more.[/quote]

This is quite interesting to hear. I thought SDM is the older brother to LGO. You need much more experience to get in. And when you enter the job market, you're usually aiming for VP level positions in most companies. I know somebody on this forum who got LGO and SDM and might go for the latter. I haven't personally looked into SDM to be certain, but I'll dig in.[/quote]

You are correct in that average WE is like 8 years and half of students already have a MS/PhD. But it is a little brother in the sense that you can complete the program faster and without the full MBA credential. Its geared towards a more specific audience of Engineering leadership

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
NovDjokovic wrote:
[quote/][quote/]

This is quite interesting to hear. I thought SDM is the older brother to LGO. You need much more experience to get in. And when you enter the job market, you're usually aiming for VP level positions in most companies. I know somebody on this forum who got LGO and SDM and might go for the latter. I haven't personally looked into SDM to be certain, but I'll dig in.[/quote]

You are correct in that average WE is like 8 years and half of students already have a MS/PhD. But it is a little brother in the sense that you can complete the program faster and without the full MBA credential. Its geared towards a more specific audience of Engineering leadership

Posted from my mobile device [/quote]

Yes, you can finish it in a lot less time than LGO, but you can also take more credits in SDM if you want. In fact, some SDMs who don't have an MBA when matriculating, end up graduating with one along with the MS in a similar time frame. LGOs are much younger usually and go for entry level leadership positions. SDMs are candidates for upper management in STEM companies. LGO though is the clear winner if you're keen on ops, while SDM is the winner if you're sort of happy with where you are and want to take a long forward stride in the direction you're already in.

Have you decided which way to go NovDjokovic?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ADC4 wrote:
sbuxkid wrote:
Sorry for the slight change in topic, but anyone know if LGO sends out a welcome package in the mail? I've heard they mail LGO goodies, but might be wrong. I just want to know whether to expect good things in the mail haha.

They do. I got a FedEx email saying it was delivered today actually. Check the LGO Instagram to see what they look like. Hoping for some nice swag when I get home from work!

anyone else got the FedEx package yet? I haven't seen any signs of the acceptance package
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hopeful2018 wrote:
ChemEng2013 wrote:

Sorry, it may be a different email. Last year they sent a ding a while after LGO. I didn't get this email that was sent yesterday last year. It was saying I'm considered for round 2 Sloan. I may have misspoken, sorry, not accepted to the school, just considered for round 2. Hopefully that clears up the confusion. This was the email I got.

This email is to confirm that your Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) application will now be considered as a part of our MBA Round 2 applicant pool.  

As we will continue to review LGO applicants interview invitations will be sent as needed.  If you were already interviewed as a part of your LGO evaluation process, an additional interview will not be necessary.  You will receive a final decision from us on April 3, 2017.

Thanks for your continued patience throughout this process.

Sincerely, 

The MIT Sloan Admissions Team

Fingers crossed for April 3rd :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
NovDjokovic wrote:
ADC4 wrote:
sbuxkid wrote:
Sorry for the slight change in topic, but anyone know if LGO sends out a welcome package in the mail? I've heard they mail LGO goodies, but might be wrong. I just want to know whether to expect good things in the mail haha.

They do. I got a FedEx email saying it was delivered today actually. Check the LGO Instagram to see what they look like. Hoping for some nice swag when I get home from work!

anyone else got the FedEx package yet? I haven't seen any signs of the acceptance package

I got it! Don't worry, I think they used economy service of FedEx so it'll take longer depending on your location.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sbuxkid wrote:

I got it! Don't worry, I think they used economy service of FedEx so it'll take longer depending on your location.

Whats in it? :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NovDjokovic wrote:
sbuxkid wrote:

Nothing too exciting haha. A t-shirt, a book, a wireless power brick (not compatible with my devices though), and some paperwork.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ADC4 wrote:
NovDjokovic wrote:
sbuxkid wrote:

Nothing too exciting haha. A t-shirt, a book, a wireless power brick (not compatible with my devices though), and some paperwork.

Got mine today, same stuff :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
:) Speaking of swag, apparently admit weekends are like a carnival for some schools. Any R1 admits here who can shed light on Sloan goodies we can expect? Coffee mugs, t shirts, bags etc.?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
For anyone interested in rankings, US News & World Report just moved Sloan up to #4 (tied with Stanford and Kellogg).

Production/Operations ranked #1, Information Systems ranked #1 and Supply Chain/Logistics ranked #2.

As usual, almost every engineering discipline ranked #1.

https://news.mit.edu/2017/us-news-gradua ... marks-0314
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ADC4 wrote:
For anyone interested in rankings, US News & World Report just moved Sloan up to #4 (tied with Stanford and Kellogg).

Production/Operations ranked #1, Information Systems ranked #1 and Supply Chain/Logistics ranked #2.

As usual, almost every engineering discipline ranked #1.

https://news.mit.edu/2017/us-news-gradua ... marks-0314

That's great news! Thanks for sharing ADC4! As most of us, im not too into rankings but still feels good to be up there :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Howdy forum friends. The impossible happened and I actually got in to HBS - I've decided to go instead of waiting a year to reapply to LGO. Perhaps I'll see some of you around Cambridge!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ChemEng2013 wrote:
Howdy forum friends. The impossible happened and I actually got in to HBS - I've decided to go instead of waiting a year to reapply to LGO. Perhaps I'll see some of you around Cambridge!

Congrats! That's great news -- I'm glad it worked out for you in the end!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts