It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 15:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 14:02
This is definitely going to come up in convo the first day hahaha. Is there an actual list published of everyone who was accepted?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 14:11
Im sure everyone has an opinion, but for those of you voicing it, I didn't attack this individual while he attacked me twice before I even reacted to anything and now this was the 3rd time.. All I did was share my concerns and somehow his insecurities got to him. I don't feel I am to blame for it. As for my GPA being subpar, if that's all it took, he'd be with an offer I believe. Yet, instead of insulting him again, I would've just offered a simple explanation. But its better I don't cz he's just gonna use it as another excuse to call me narcissistic.

Nevertheless, if I do attend LGO, it will be very clear who I am and there are already atleast 10 people who know who I am, who will be attending LGO and they either don't give a shit about this or think I'm right in defending myself against this individual's unwarranted attacks. (1st he said he wished I didn't get LGO, then he for no reason posted he is glad he won't have to read a post from me after the matter was already put to bed).

I'll do everyone including myself a favor and stop posting on this forum. Thank you most of you for your advice throughout this journey. It was extremely helpful. Good luck to everyone.

PS: ADC4, I call 'em as I see 'em. I sincerely believe an individual who vents their frustrations of not getting into their school of choice by insulting someone else on a forum is a loser of the biggest order. Peace out!

PPS: Jolene Monson does read this forum and she knows who I am too. And you're most welcome to ask her what she thinks about this.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 2

Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 14:24
This post received
KUDOS
ddtmm13 wrote:
GradQueen wrote:
ddtmm13 wrote:
Peace out, girl scouts. Glad I'll never have to read another post from GradQueen...

Well, Im usually not one to rub it in, but I'm glad I won't have to see a loser like you at LGO.

Haha. Well judging from your undergraduate GPA, I'm guessing you didn't get in on your merits. And based on the way you talk on this forum, I don't think you'll make too many friends regardless of where you go.

I'd love to know what magical formula of sub-par GPA, narcissism, and insecurity would qualify me to get into LGO -- clearly it worked for you. (And to clarify, I don't think those characteristics apply to the majority of LGO applicants :))

ADC4, really calling out GradQueen for calling him a loser after he called her toolish, stated he wished she didn't go to MIT publicly , dissed her for no reason again saying he won't have to read another post by her and then childishly brought up her "sub-par GPA", --------- ______ ---------- Hypocrisy much? Please correct me if I read something wrong.

ddtmm13, maybe her GPA is sub-par by your standard but I guess not by LGOs or GSBs standard. Maybe all you did was get a good GPA in your life and thats why, to feel better, you need to attack a young girl who you dont even know, on the forum of a program you have already been rejected from. I don't use the word she used but maybe you are that. And maybe you're right, her GPA is sub-par (btw mine's lower), but your personality is sub-par. I can assure you that you'll never get into LGO, don't bother applying next year. :)

Last edited by LgoLady on 06 Mar 2017, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 37 [2], given: 0

Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (M)

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 14:25
This post received
KUDOS
EphraimM1 wrote:
This is definitely going to come up in convo the first day hahaha. Is there an actual list published of everyone who was accepted?

Yeah if you do a little digging in the portal you'll find it. Go to MySloan > Directories > AdMITs. Then select LGO & 2019 as Program & Year, respectively, while keeping First and Last Name fields blank. It'll return everyone who was admitted to LGO this year (55 people).

Last edited by ADC4 on 25 Mar 2017, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 37 [2], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 37 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 14:35
This post received
KUDOS
LgoLady wrote:
ddtmm13 wrote:
GradQueen wrote:
[quote="ddtmm13"]Peace out, girl scouts. Glad I'll never have to read another post from GradQueen...

Well, Im usually not one to rub it in, but I'm glad I won't have to see a loser like you at LGO.

Haha. Well judging from your undergraduate GPA, I'm guessing you didn't get in on your merits. And based on the way you talk on this forum, I don't think you'll make too many friends regardless of where you go.

I'd love to know what magical formula of sub-par GPA, narcissism, and insecurity would qualify me to get into LGO -- clearly it worked for you. (And to clarify, I don't think those characteristics apply to the majority of LGO applicants :))

ADC4, really calling out GradQueen for calling him a loser after he called her toolish, stated he wished she didn't go to MIT publicly , dissed her for no reason again saying he won't have to read another post by her and then childishly brought up her "sub-par GPA", --------- ______ ---------- Hypocrisy much? Please correct me if I read something wrong.

ddtmm13, maybe her GPA is sub-par by your standard but I guess not by LGOs or GSBs standard. Maybe all you did was get a good GPA in your life and thats why, to feel better, you need to attack a young girl who you dont even know, on the forum of a program you have already been rejected from. I don't used the word she used but maybe you are that. And maybe you're right, her GPA is sub-par (btw mine's lower), but your personality is sub-par. I can assure you that you'll never get into LGO, don't bother applying next year. :)[/quote]

I wasn't calling her out; I was just flaunting my investigative skills :p

(If I wanted to call her out I'd post her real name which, of course, I'd never do.)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 14:39
Hey folks, I have been lurking around for a long time but in the light of what's happening and having just caught up, I couldn't keep myself from creating an account for this one (and only post).

I also applied to LGO and GSB and probably out of sheer dumb luck (before someone targets me too for no reason - cue ddt13 guy), I got into both of them.

And I am choosing Stanford GSB, without even thinking about it for two seconds. Might give you some perspective gradqueen. Although it is clear some people are trying to bully you into not choosing LGO, it shouldn't affect your decision but there is only one right decision here.

And now the real reason, I am posting.. I respectfully declined my offer, so I hope one of the waitlisted people who truly deserved to be at LGO hears from them soon.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 14:46
ADC4 wrote:
I wasn't calling her out; I was just flaunting my investigative skills :p

(If I wanted to call her out I'd post her real name which, of course, I'd never do.)

ADC4 Haha, I think everyone knows now. Some people messaged me. Thankfully most of them were positive.

Fedradal, Thank you for your advise. I will definitely not let my decision be affected by another person's attempt to bully me. If you don't mind, do share what made your choices so clear to you. I PM'd you.

It was good sharing with and learning from y'all. I will no longer be posting on this forum. Congratulations to everyone who will be attending LGO. All the best to those who shall apply again next year.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 17:45

ddtmm13, maybe her GPA is sub-par by your standard but I guess not by LGOs or GSBs standard. Maybe all you did was get a good GPA in your life and thats why, to feel better, you need to attack a young girl who you dont even know, on the forum of a program you have already been rejected from. I don't use the word she used but maybe you are that. And maybe you're right, her GPA is sub-par (btw mine's lower), but your personality is sub-par. I can assure you that you'll never get into LGO, don't bother applying next year. :)[/quote]

First, I never called her "toolish"... that was someone else. Second, it's strange to me that everyone has been assuming I'm a man. Third, the entertainment value of this forum continues to increase!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 21:43
ADC4, I am sorry, somehow the post didn't include a quote box for mrsandoo617's post and another sentence above yours seemed to be from you.

mrsandoo617, bullies aren't welcome anywhere. I'd disagree with GradQueen's remarks but she said she used that word because she thought she was replying to a childish highschool bully.

MBAnxiety, please stay away from me as well in the scenario that you do attend LGO.

ddtmm13 wrote:

First, I never called her "toolish"... that was someone else. Second, it's strange to me that everyone has been assuming I'm a man. Third, the entertainment value of this forum continues to increase!

I am sorry to assume you are a man. Its even worse what you did if you're a woman. While I may not have much contribution to this forum, in the form of posts, people come here for information about LGO and to share their concerns with each other, not for entertainment. Or maybe some people like you do, but this isn't the right forum for that. You should go spread your hate speech somewhere else.

Just because a person got into two great schools and is torn between them, trying to seek our feedback in the hope to make their decision easier, does not give you the right to target them with claims of narcissism and other name-calling just because you weren't able to get in. I hope that the entertainment value of this forum is done and people rather focus on LGO related topics.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 21:59
This post received
KUDOS
[subtle subject change]
So who's going to AdMIT weekend? I likely won't be able to attend due to a vacation planned months ago :(

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 07:56
LgoLady wrote:
ADC4, I am sorry, somehow the post didn't include a quote box for mrsandoo617's post and another sentence above yours seemed to be from you.

mrsandoo617, bullies aren't welcome anywhere. I'd disagree with GradQueen's remarks but she said she used that word because she thought she was replying to a childish highschool bully.

MBAnxiety, please stay away from me as well in the scenario that you do attend LGO.

ddtmm13 wrote:

I am sorry to assume you are a man. Its even worse what you did if you're a woman. While I may not have much contribution to this forum, in the form of posts, people come here for information about LGO and to share their concerns with each other, not for entertainment. Or maybe some people like you do, but this isn't the right forum for that. You should go spread your hate speech somewhere else.

Just because a person got into two great schools and is torn between them, trying to seek our feedback in the hope to make their decision easier, does not give you the right to target them with claims of narcissism and other name-calling just because you weren't able to get in. I hope that the entertainment value of this forum is done and people rather focus on LGO related topics.

So you're one of those people who think all women need to band together, rather than pointing out when someone is giving a bad name to all women? Do you think it helps the rest of us when one poster (no more naming :)) observes no social norms and flaunts their superiority complex among their future classmates?

"Hate speech"? Please. You must have gone to a really good liberal arts institution. There's a way to solicit feedback without trying to tell everyone else you're better than them. The only thing I've done is stand up to the real bullies around here that will only shout down those who challenge their pomposity. Considering I don't think that message will ever get through to its intended audience, I will humbly resign myself from further posting.

P.S. I acknowledge that the GPA post was unseemly. I apologize to anyone who I offended with that remark (my GPA isn't much higher haha...). I was merely trying to poke a hole in one poster's inflated perceptions of herself. Everything else was true.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 07:58
Sorry... final parting thoughts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8JCE7gzn6Q. Enjoy :)

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 10:57
This post received
KUDOS
ddtmm13 wrote:
LgoLady wrote:

ddtmm13 wrote:

So you're one of those people who think all women need to band together, rather than pointing out when someone is giving a bad name to all women? Do you think it helps the rest of us when one poster (no more naming :)) observes no social norms and flaunts their superiority complex among their future classmates?

"Hate speech"? Please. You must have gone to a really good liberal arts institution. There's a way to solicit feedback without trying to tell everyone else you're better than them. The only thing I've done is stand up to the real bullies around here that will only shout down those who challenge their pomposity. Considering I don't think that message will ever get through to its intended audience, I will humbly resign myself from further posting.

P.S. I acknowledge that the GPA post was unseemly. I apologize to anyone who I offended with that remark (my GPA isn't much higher haha...). I was merely trying to poke a hole in one poster's inflated perceptions of herself. Everything else was true.

Okay, I will number things for you since you seem to have a problem.

1. She never expressed any kind of superiority and you are the one poster on this forum who didn't adhere to social norms. To me she rather came across as extremely passionate about both schools (albeit slightly more inclined towards Stanford - understandably cz its her alma mater), which formed the basis of her inability to choose. There have already been two posters on his thread who chose Stanford over MIT in a blink, one of them didn't even care to interview. So I think she showed LGO some respect and despite knowing she had been accepted to GSB, they reciprocated by offering her and giving her a full fellowship. I don't think she expressed any sort of superiority, maybe its your own inferiority complex or doubt in your own capabilities. What you call as "expressing superiority" was in actuality nervousness and anxiety caused by the uncertainty of one's future.

2. The liberal arts undergrad school I went to years ago is the same one that you just got rejected from. Its called MIT. Sadly you paid them 250$ for them to tell you that she and 51 others are better than you.

3. Replying to your P.S., the poster you mention doesn't seem to have the pomposity or inflated perceptions, you do. I get it that rejection is hard and your ego is hurt, but cut it now. Everything you have written on this forum has been unseemly.

4. There is a message thread of at least 10 people, including a moderator of this forum, who have urged GradQueen to not let you bully her. She never addressed you on this forum till you crossed the line a few times, so no shouting down happened from her side. And since, she didn't want to, I wrote to adcom about you. Every post is linked to the poster's IP address. They do read this forum and others, but I specifically made the effort to tell them who you are.

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [3], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 11:21
This post received
KUDOS
Haha, ddtmm guy, there is a huge post on Stanford's class of 2019 facebook group about how huge a blockhead you are and how weird this forum is. There are screenshots. People are wondering if you're on something.

I wish ddtmm dude got into LGO, we could use it as a reason to draw GradQueen to Stanford. You know what inflated perceptions means right? Even she was cocky, it certainly wouldn't be an inflated perception, I mean she did get accepted to what are arguably the top two MBA programs engineers vie for. I don't read anywhere she wrote she's awesome and everyone else sucks. Seriously, on something?

Maybe, I'll take another go at reasoning with you. I am not a girl standing up for another girl so you don't have to make an anti-feminist remark at me. Even though its not true, let me agree with you. Let's say Gradqueen has inflated perceptions of herself, you started the battle for no reason. And then you lost the moment you got rejected and she didn't. Stop taking cheap digs. Walk it off. Try next year.

And to be honest, I think everyone of you guys here who got into LGO should inflate your perceptions of yourselves. Y'all are awesome.

PS - I am canadian, I usually don't get angry. .

Kudos [?]: 3 [3], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 11:38
LgoLady wrote:

2. The liberal arts undergrad school I went to years ago is the same one that you just got rejected from. Its called MIT. Sadly you paid them 250$ for them to tell you that she and 51 others are better than you.

Alright, I will say this is probably as low as the thread can get. The victorious mocking the less fortunate. Thanks for demonstrating the class and quality of the incoming class of LGO.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 11:42
windsor1007 wrote:
LgoLady wrote:

Alright, I will say this is probably as low as the thread can get. The victorious mocking the less fortunate. Thanks for demonstrating the class and quality of the incoming class of LGO.

I hope you are able to differentiate been victorious mocking and running out of patience in the future. It is also unfortunate you find my reply to lower that the "liberal arts" dig taken at me first. What is with you people? Really! I hope everyone is done taking digs at each other at this point. See you during Admit week

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 11:44
LgoLady wrote:
windsor1007 wrote:
LgoLady wrote:

I hope you are able to differentiate been victorious mocking and running out of patience in the future. It is also unfortunate you find my reply to lower that the "liberal arts" dig taken at me first. What is with you people? Really! I hope everyone is done taking digs at each other at this point. See you during Admit week

And now we are officially down to "She did it first!"

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 11:52
windsor1007 No, I am just officially down to, I am not going to take anybody's crap for no reason. I never implied "she did it first", I just said if you take an unnecessary shot at me, I will respond fittingly. I responded in such a manner cz politeness didn't seem to have an effect on this person.

I have a stressful job and two children and yet its weird what drained my patience is an online forum where people don't know how to put an end to a worthless subject. I hope this can be the end of it.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 12:05
LgoLady wrote:
windsor1007 No, I am just officially down to, I am not going to take anybody's crap for no reason. I never implied "she did it first", I just said if you take an unnecessary shot at me, I will respond fittingly. I responded in such a manner cz politeness didn't seem to have an effect on this person.

I have a stressful job and two children and yet its weird what drained my patience is an online forum where people don't know how to put an end to a worthless subject. I hope this can be the end of it.

I must congratulate you on your good fortune as it seems that you don't have to deal with situations like this much in real life. Also congratulations to ddtmm on successfully dragging the thread down. Hope everyone had fun playing in the mud.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 13:39
LgoLady wrote:

I wasn't justifying what ddtmm was saying. Quite the contrary. What he said crossed the line. But I would have expected more from LGO students.

I will end with this thought. I don't know if you are having a bad day at work, but I would caution against feeling the need to respond fittingly to strangers taking unnecessary shots at you. As you progress through your career and go into more visible leadership positions, people will take unnecessary shots at you. Whether that is out of pure jealousy at your success, or because they don't like the way you dress or talk, it will happen. There are bitter people in this world and that's a fact of life.

People lose jobs over a single tweet. Don't be that person because you lost your temper. Plenty of examples of executives getting axed because they lost their cool in public.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 07 Mar 2017, 13:39

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34    Next  [ 677 posts ] 

Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap