It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 14:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Sep 2015
Posts: 109

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 612

GMAT 1: 610 Q43 V31
GMAT 2: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 3: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 4: 700 Q49 V35
WE: Project Management (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 08:33
Hopeful2018 wrote:
AlexGenkins1234 wrote:
well... that happened =/

In any case, after a year in this forum, I would like to thank you guys for all the tips, information, and help you provided.

I wish you all luck in the future.

Cheers

Did you get the ding?


Well no, but there's not much time left, and I believe (my personal opinion) that they have finished notifying the lucky 50 people. I mean, it doesn't take 2 full days to call 50 people :/

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 612

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2016
Posts: 151

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (D)
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 08:38
AlexGenkins1234 wrote:
Hopeful2018 wrote:
AlexGenkins1234 wrote:
well... that happened =/

In any case, after a year in this forum, I would like to thank you guys for all the tips, information, and help you provided.

I wish you all luck in the future.

Cheers

Did you get the ding?


Well no, but there's not much time left, and I believe (my personal opinion) that they have finished notifying the lucky 50 people. I mean, it doesn't take 2 full days to call 50 people :/

If I was trying to be optimistic, I'd tell you that it's not 5pm EST, but I am pretty sure they were done yesterday.

Not looking forward to the email. :( Not going to be fun to get that 2 times in a row. :(

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2016
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 08:40
Hopeful2018 wrote:
If I was trying to be optimistic, I'd tell you that it's not 5pm EST, but I am pretty sure they were done yesterday.

Not looking forward to the email. :( Not going to be fun to get that 2 times in a row. :(



So about that....when is the email coming?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2016
Posts: 151

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (D)
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 08:44
windsor1007 wrote:
Hopeful2018 wrote:
If I was trying to be optimistic, I'd tell you that it's not 5pm EST, but I am pretty sure they were done yesterday.

Not looking forward to the email. :( Not going to be fun to get that 2 times in a row. :(



So about that....when is the email coming?

Last year it came at 2:45pm EST if I remember correctly. But it should be in your inbox by 5pm EST.

Maybe see some of you next year.

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2016
Posts: 151

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (D)
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 09:09
I'm assuming this is the end result. I'd love to be proven wrong, but congrats to those LGO's, and the rest of us, I'll probably be back on this forum (again) next year if my family and I decide it makes sense for us.

Thanks for everyone's help, and your input and encouragement. :)

azz90d
tangyuanxd
h**********
vanajas
henry19921992
wildfire578 -
MihirRR26 -

sid9386 - Applied
monita128 - Applied
MITLGOhopeful - Applied
kplu1 - Applied
harshadrane - Applied
desertwarrior - Applied
MBAdisciple - Applied
pitroncoso - Applied
W********** - Applied
h************ - Applied
DrowningDolphin - Applied
stueyg - Applied
dinglesss - Applied
rusochester - Applied

IME - Withdrawn Application

GradQueen - Interviewed - Admitted
LgoLady - Interviewed - Admitted
Nullibicity - Interviewed - Admitted
ADC4 - Interviewed - Admitted
mitlgoclassof2019 - Interviewed - Admitted
NovDjokovic - Interviewed - Admitted
sbuxkid - Interviewed - Admitted

ChemEng2013 - Interviewed
Banjolaptops - Interviewed -
mrsandoo617 - Interviewed -
ssharma7 - Interviewed -
mrm398 - Interviewed -
Mechanic34 - Interviewed -
m********** - Interviewed -
Hopeful2018 - Interviewed -
404 - Interviewed -
AlexGenkins1234 - Interviewed -
Yas2017 - Interviewed -
ddtmm13 - Interviewed -
MBAnxiety - Interviewed -
sokolikp - Interviewed -
ou001li - Interviewed -
A************** - Interviewed
Waiting12345678 - Interviewed -
LeonidK - Interviewed -
windsor1007 - Interviewed -
EphraimM1 - Interviewed -

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2016
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 09:13
Hopeful2018 wrote:
windsor1007 wrote:
Hopeful2018 wrote:
If I was trying to be optimistic, I'd tell you that it's not 5pm EST, but I am pretty sure they were done yesterday.

Not looking forward to the email. :( Not going to be fun to get that 2 times in a row. :(



So about that....when is the email coming?

Last year it came at 2:45pm EST if I remember correctly. But it should be in your inbox by 5pm EST.

Maybe see some of you next year.



This hurts pretty bad. Just took a pain killer. Full respect for those who went through the process more than once.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2016
Posts: 151

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (D)
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 09:18
windsor1007 wrote:
Hopeful2018 wrote:
windsor1007 wrote:
[quote="Hopeful2018"]
If I was trying to be optimistic, I'd tell you that it's not 5pm EST, but I am pretty sure they were done yesterday.

Not looking forward to the email. :( Not going to be fun to get that 2 times in a row. :(



So about that....when is the email coming?

Last year it came at 2:45pm EST if I remember correctly. But it should be in your inbox by 5pm EST.

Maybe see some of you next year.



This hurts pretty bad. Just took a pain killer. Full respect for those who went through the process more than once.[/quote]
Haha, not a bad idea. :) I've got to meet with clients and put on a happy face.

We got this. :)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Mar 2016
Posts: 32

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 39

Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 10:21
Any numbers or thoughts on how many folks actually end up getting into Sloan (those who dont get into LGO?)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 39

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2016
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 10:25
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Yas2017 wrote:
Any numbers or thoughts on how many folks actually end up getting into Sloan (those who dont get into LGO?)



R2 interview results were just out. It was a bloodbath. People are starting to call R2 as the new R3.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Jan 2016
Posts: 81

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 9

Concentration: Technology
GRE 1: 327 Q165 V162
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 11:31
windsor1007 wrote:
Yas2017 wrote:
Any numbers or thoughts on how many folks actually end up getting into Sloan (those who dont get into LGO?)



R2 interview results were just out. It was a bloodbath. People are starting to call R2 as the new R3.


Not surprised. Sloan's recent change in their app to just a cover letter with a bunch of optional essays is bound to vastly increase applicant pool and lower acceptance rate.

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 May 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 12:38
JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!!!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 May 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 12:38
JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!!! FROM CANADA

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2016
Posts: 151

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (D)
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 12:40
azz90d
tangyuanxd
h**********
vanajas
henry19921992
wildfire578 -
MihirRR26 -

sid9386 - Applied
monita128 - Applied
MITLGOhopeful - Applied
kplu1 - Applied
harshadrane - Applied
desertwarrior - Applied
MBAdisciple - Applied
pitroncoso - Applied
W********** - Applied
h************ - Applied
DrowningDolphin - Applied
stueyg - Applied
dinglesss - Applied
rusochester - Applied

IME - Withdrawn Application

GradQueen - Interviewed - Admitted
LgoLady - Interviewed - Admitted
Nullibicity - Interviewed - Admitted
ADC4 - Interviewed - Admitted
mitlgoclassof2019 - Interviewed - Admitted
NovDjokovic - Interviewed - Admitted
sbuxkid - Interviewed - Admitted
EphraimM1 - Interviewed - Admitted

ChemEng2013 - Interviewed
Banjolaptops - Interviewed -
mrsandoo617 - Interviewed -
ssharma7 - Interviewed -
mrm398 - Interviewed -
Mechanic34 - Interviewed -
m********** - Interviewed -
Hopeful2018 - Interviewed -
404 - Interviewed -
AlexGenkins1234 - Interviewed -
Yas2017 - Interviewed -
ddtmm13 - Interviewed -
MBAnxiety - Interviewed -
sokolikp - Interviewed -
ou001li - Interviewed -
A************** - Interviewed
Waiting12345678 - Interviewed -
LeonidK - Interviewed -
windsor1007 - Interviewed -

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2016
Posts: 151

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (D)
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 12:48
EphraimM1 wrote:
JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!!! FROM CANADA

Congrats. :)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 134

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (M)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 12:50
EphraimM1 wrote:
JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!!! FROM CANADA


Congrats! I definitely met you at InterviewFest (unless there were two Ephraims from Canada); glad to call you a classmate now!

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Jan 2016
Posts: 81

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 9

Concentration: Technology
GRE 1: 327 Q165 V162
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 13:00
Some math on potentially Sloan's admission stats for 2017 (assuming around ~620 or so get admitted yearly):

GMAT Club Data R1 2016 -- 261
GMAT Club Data R2 2016 -- 160
GMAT Club Data R3 2016-- 1
R1/R2 -- 1.63125
Sloan 2016 Actual Total -- 5740
Sloan 2016 Acceptance Rate -- 10.80%

GMAT Club Data R1 2017 -- 340 (could be underestimate cuz not everyone has reported yet)
GMAT Club Data R2 2017 -- 175 (could be underestimate cuz not everyone has reported yet)
GMAT Club Data R3 2016 -- ~0
R1/R2 -- 1.942857143
Sloan 2017 Estimate Total -- 7021.615202 (could be underestimate cuz not everyone has reported yet)
Sloan 2017 Est. Acceptance Rate -- 8.83% (assumes % on Gmatclub vs actual pop is constant)

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 9

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 134

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (M)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 13:14
Ahh when is this email going to be sent out!? Anyone receive theirs yet?

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2016
Posts: 151

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (D)
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 13:15
ADC4 wrote:
Ahh when is this email going to be sent out!? Anyone receive theirs yet?

Rejection? Or the scholarship one?

Rejection one hasn't been sent yet.

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 41

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 134

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (M)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 13:18
Hopeful2018 wrote:
ADC4 wrote:
Ahh when is this email going to be sent out!? Anyone receive theirs yet?

Rejection? Or the scholarship one?

Rejection one hasn't been sent yet.


Either I guess, I figured they're all sent at the same time but I could be wrong.

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 134

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

Schools: MIT-LGO '19 (M)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 13:19
NovDjokovic wrote:
Some math on potentially Sloan's admission stats for 2017 (assuming around ~620 or so get admitted yearly):

GMAT Club Data R1 2016 -- 261
GMAT Club Data R2 2016 -- 160
GMAT Club Data R3 2016-- 1
R1/R2 -- 1.63125
Sloan 2016 Actual Total -- 5740
Sloan 2016 Acceptance Rate -- 10.80%

GMAT Club Data R1 2017 -- 340 (could be underestimate cuz not everyone has reported yet)
GMAT Club Data R2 2017 -- 175 (could be underestimate cuz not everyone has reported yet)
GMAT Club Data R3 2016 -- ~0
R1/R2 -- 1.942857143
Sloan 2017 Estimate Total -- 7021.615202 (could be underestimate cuz not everyone has reported yet)
Sloan 2017 Est. Acceptance Rate -- 8.83% (assumes % on Gmatclub vs actual pop is constant)


Wow <10% acceptance rate would be incredibly low.

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 03 Mar 2017, 13:19

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  34    Next  [ 677 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.