Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 17:30 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 17:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [13]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 718 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE:Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 718 [1]
Given Kudos: 99
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE:Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Kudos
harsha2085 wrote:
same here. did the video interview a couple of days ago. was a lil nervous and talked a lot haha!

Got an email from Adcom that I should hear something back by April 21. I'm off to Turkey March 30 - April 17th.
Hoping to hear something while I'm there!
Working on IE application now.. check out their latest Employment report released a couple of days ago! Looks good!

Word from the wise - you probably won't hear anything till the last 3-4 days before the deadline. Relax and enjoy your holiday!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
I guess It is too late for R1 now, but to clarify for R2 applicants,
The deadline is by 48hrs after the round deadline you are applying to for both video interviews and references

This is what I got from Adcom after submitting my online application (R1 deadline was March 15)

Rest assured that if they have not yet uploaded their forms, your chosen referees will have until 17 March to submit their INSEAD-format recommendation forms (if you want to be included in Round 1).
Please complete your video interviews as soon as possible and no later than 17 March if you submitted your application close to the deadline.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
harsha2085 wrote:
The deadline is by 48hrs after the round deadline you are applying to for both video interviews and references

This is what I got from Adcom after submitting my online application (R1 deadline was March 15)

Rest assured that if they have not yet uploaded their forms, your chosen referees will have until 17 March to submit their INSEAD-format recommendation forms (if you want to be included in Round 1).
Please complete your video interviews as soon as possible and no later than 17 March if you submitted your application close to the deadline.

Thanks for the info! Hopefully I'll be able to submit my application and video essays by the end of April.

I'll be visiting the Fonty campus in 3 weeks, I'm excited :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
latinoinasuit wrote:
YumBeeA wrote:
Applied to Round 1 January intake on 15th March.

Good luck, YumBeeA!

Thanks Latinoinasuit. All the best to you too.
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
harsha2085 wrote:

harsha2085 thank you for posting this. You do indeed have 48 hours to submit video responses. In a webinar put on by an admissions consultancy, she said it was one week. Please disregard that.
Send PM
Expert Reply
For those of you preparing for Round 2, ask your brain to come up with some good examples that demonstrate you possess the 4 criteria:

1) ability to contribute to the INSEAD program
2.) Academic capacity (this is through grades and scores, mainly)
3) international motivation and
4.) leadership potential.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Blue Ocean - I am wondering if anyone talked about this in their application? I feel that adding this last year has really upleveled their entrepreneurship preparation (which is already good, given their general management focus.)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
R1 applicants...Would you mind sharing your profiles. I will start with mine. Indian. 5+ work ex. GMAT 750. Has worked in 15 countries across 5 continents with the world's largest oil field services industry.
Also, I feel my video interview did not go well. I think, I fumbled a bit in 2 questions and was finding it difficult to focus on the camera and replying spontaneously. Do you think that can be a deal-breaker?
Send PM
Expert Reply
YumBeeA wrote:
R1 applicants...Would you mind sharing your profiles. I will start with mine. Indian. 5+ work ex. GMAT 750. Has worked in 15 countries across 5 continents with the world's largest oil field services industry.
Also, I feel my video interview did not go well. I think, I fumbled a bit in 2 questions and was finding it difficult to focus on the camera and replying spontaneously. Do you think that can be a deal-breaker?

YumBeeA I think many feel the same as you with the video questions. Not everyone is a professional newscaster. But take heart in the knowledge that everyone is facing the same obstacles with that.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
YumBeeA wrote:

YumBee I'm from the dark side in our industry haha
I think we will have a lot of applicants from energy this year, one of the reasons I pushed myself to apply in R1

Here is my Profile:

31 M Indian (citizen) / Canadian (PR)
6 years WE mostly in Drilling Engineering at a multinational E&P O&G company in Canada and 1 year in US
Gmat 730
Education - Undergrad Chemical ( Andhra Uni - 77% ) ; Grad ( U Calgary - 3.7 )
ST Goal: Consulting - Energy ( O&G LDP if I get lucky 8-) but didn't mention this in essays )

I focused on my travel (24 countries), learnings and contribution to diversity in my essays and application. I hope that helps!

My video interview was a lil iffy too I think, I practiced for an hour before taking the actual questions and experimented with different answer styles and STAR format when applicable. I had trouble with time, I took too much time setting up the scenario and had ~10 sec to explain action and result/learning
But I think I did well with the all-important where insead fits in your career question
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Blue Ocean - I am wondering if anyone talked about this in their application? I feel that adding this last year has really upleveled their entrepreneurship preparation (which is already good, given their general management focus.)

I am really excited about this course! did some research online and wanted to mention in my goals essay, but it did not fit the flow and the point I was trying to make. So decided it's best to skip it. Also, there is some criticism that Blue ocean strategy does not wok in most scenarios and the courses just focus on the cases when it did work. Regardless, I'm most looking forward to taking the 2 Blue Ocean courses if I'm accepted.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: P1 in a (philosophical) nutshell
The first period of the MBA program at INSEAD raced by, as I imagine will all subsequent periods. With such a variety and volume of happenings, each day felt like a distinct three (in one): pre-lunch, followed by post-lunch and... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Send PM
Expert Reply
harsha2085 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

I am really excited about this course! did some research online and wanted to mention in my goals essay, but it did not fit the flow and the point I was trying to make. So decided it's best to skip it. Also, there is some criticism that Blue ocean strategy does not wok in most scenarios and the courses just focus on the cases when it did work. Regardless, I'm most looking forward to taking the 2 Blue Ocean courses if I'm accepted.

Thank you harsha2085 - great that you kept the activities mentioned within the scope of your goals. Many do not. Despite the criticism, I think it is a good tool to add to the entrepreneurial toolbox. I look forward to hearing from former clients about how they found this course. I think the *simulation* part is what most interests me.
Send PM
Expert Reply
R2 applicants: Make sure to start putting together proof of impact and quantifiable achievements. Follow up with clients, run reports, get those numbers. For more qualitative accomplishments, ask your recommender to discuss in the LOR.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: Be confident! Keep it up!
Celebrating the end of P1, I am now on the way to Bagan, a northern Myanmar city located 600 km from Yangon, with my 25 friends from the same batch. I didn’t know this city until I met another Japanese... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Does anyone have a link to the recommender questions for the J-Term 2018 for INSEAD?

Also I noticed that there isnt any entry in the application form for the GPA although there is for GPA and you do upload your transcript - am I correct in this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Why is this thread so inactive?!!

Hi all, submitted my R1 application on March 15. Fingers crossed! Best of luck to all :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM

!
Post Deleted. Profile evaluation requests are not allowed in this discussion. Please post your profile evaluation requests here.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-eval ... 28685.html

Originally posted by nidhimish92 on 22 Mar 2017, 23:54.
Last edited by Narenn on 23 Mar 2017, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.
Mod Warning
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts