It is currently 17 Feb 2018, 19:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Expert Post
5 KUDOS received
VP
VP
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 1092
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2016, 02:19
5
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
4
This post was
BOOKMARKED




Deadlines


Round 1
Application Deadline: March 15, 2017
Interview Decision: April 21, 2017
Final Decision Notification: May 26, 2017

Round 2
Application Deadline: May 3, 2017
Interview Decision: June 2, 2017
Final Decision Notification: July 7, 2017

Round 3
Application Deadline: June 14, 2017
Interview Decision: July 13, 2017
Final Decision Notification: September 8, 2017

Round 4
Application Deadline: July 26, 2017
Interview Decision: August 25, 2017
Final Decision Notification: September 29, 2017

Register for the next In-House Event :

Here



Invited to Interviews? :

Apply to up to 5 Scholarships Now!


_________________

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC


Last edited by Narenn on 30 Jun 2017, 06:36, edited 5 times in total.
Edit
Expert Post
VP
VP
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 1092
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2017, 08:31
Hi @Moose89, so glad you're still a contender for that scholarship. Did the AO give any indication that he/she would expedite? I've not heard of that before. Many have heard at this point so I'm wondering if it's what you suspect or the luck of the draw. Anyways, congrats!! I use the Clear Admit INSEAD interview guide as the basis for helping my clients get prepared. It's $20 and given that there are two interviews it's quite worth it.

http://MBAPrepCoach.COM
_________________

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2017
Posts: 7
Location: South Africa
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2017, 11:01
MBAPrepCoach I'm not sure. I explained my situation to my AO and she advised that she would do whatever she could to help expedite, 3 days later I received an e-mail saying I've been invited to interview. So could be her effort or luck of the draw, but either way, I'm thankful. :)

Thanks for the tips - will get the guide at $20. Given our local currency's 12% depreciation against all major currencies over the past 3 weeks - every purchase is becoming more expensive, not to mention the cost of attending! 12% is a real knock to savings and fund-raising... :'(
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 188
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE: Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2017, 11:20
3
This post received
KUDOS
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Moose89 wrote:

Thanks for the tips - will get the guide at $20. Given our local currency's 12% depreciation against all major currencies over the past 3 weeks - every purchase is becoming more expensive, not to mention the cost of attending! 12% is a real knock to savings and fund-raising... :'(


Hey everyone! Congrats to those who have already received an interview invite! This is a great accomplishment. As someone who went through the process about 6 months ago, I would say, don't waste your money on any guide. The INSEAD interview is all about 3 things:

1. Making sure you are in person who you seem to be on your paper application
2. Confirming your FIT with the INSEAD culture
3. Getting information on any areas where the admissions committee may have doubts

You'll be paired with alumni who are either similar to you in personal background (both of mine were American) or who are in the role you specified as your post-MBA goal.

I've heard frequent reports of the interviews being simply a chat over coffee but just in case, the following is how I would prepare:

1. Read your application to ensure you remember what you wrote and stay consistent with this information when you are in the interview
2. Think of any weak areas in your application and come prepared with a rationale for why that should not block you from admittance
3. Come up with 2-3 examples that demonstrate your fit on each of the four application elements of INSEAD ( Ability to contribute, academic capacity, international motivation and leadership potential)
4. Do at minimum a LinkedIn search on your interviewer
5. Relax, the interview is meant to be more conversational than not

All the best of luck to everyone!
LP
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Feb 2017
Posts: 22
Location: Germany
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.8
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2017, 00:29
lpetroski wrote:
Moose89 wrote:

Thanks for the tips - will get the guide at $20. Given our local currency's 12% depreciation against all major currencies over the past 3 weeks - every purchase is becoming more expensive, not to mention the cost of attending! 12% is a real knock to savings and fund-raising... :'(


Hey everyone! Congrats to those who have already received an interview invite! This is a great accomplishment. As someone who went through the process about 6 months ago, I would say, don't waste your money on any guide. The INSEAD interview is all about 3 things:

1. Making sure you are in person who you seem to be on your paper application
2. Confirming your FIT with the INSEAD culture
3. Getting information on any areas where the admissions committee may have doubts

You'll be paired with alumni who are either similar to you in personal background (both of mine were American) or who are in the role you specified as your post-MBA goal.

I've heard frequent reports of the interviews being simply a chat over coffee but just in case, the following is how I would prepare:

1. Read your application to ensure you remember what you wrote and stay consistent with this information when you are in the interview
2. Think of any weak areas in your application and come prepared with a rationale for why that should not block you from admittance
3. Come up with 2-3 examples that demonstrate your fit on each of the four application elements of INSEAD ( Ability to contribute, academic capacity, international motivation and leadership potential)
4. Do at minimum a LinkedIn search on your interviewer
5. Relax, the interview is meant to be more conversational than not

All the best of luck to everyone!
LP



lpetroski delivering the gold nuggets of wisdom! Thanks as always.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Feb 2017
Posts: 72
Location: Brazil
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2017, 00:40
Also agree that investing on a guide is probably not worth it for INSEAD interviews. This may not be the case for other schools.

Fun story: one of the students in the panel during my visit at Fonty talked about one of his interviews. His interviewer was actually lifting weight during the interview, which took place in a gym! lol

From all the reviews that I read, there is often a more casual interview with a recent grad to assess fit, and a more professional interview with an older grad to assess how likely you are to get a job.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2015
Posts: 32
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.72
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2017, 01:05
Moose89 wrote:
I was notified of interview decision on 31 March - think my AO helped expedite because of my local scholarship opportunity outlined in a previous post. Really grateful for this!

Interviews scheduled for end of April and early May as my interviewers are travelling - to be expected of INSEAD alums I guess! :)

Interview prep underway... Any good links/content you'd suggest? I've seen some good posts.


Many congratulations!..Good luck with the interviews:)..and keep us updated on how they went!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Dec 2015
Posts: 19
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2017, 03:28
Just curious, are there any more India applicants applying from Africa here on GmatClub..would love to hear if any of you have heard back regarding interviews yet?...
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Posts: 40
Location: Singapore
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2017, 10:00
tylerdurden91 wrote:
Just curious, are there any more India applicants applying from Africa here on GmatClub..would love to hear if any of you have heard back regarding interviews yet?...

I am an Indian applicant from Singy... not heard anything yet.. get curious as R1 applicants started getting invited already..
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 188
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE: Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2017, 12:34
nlr3169 wrote:
tylerdurden91 wrote:
Just curious, are there any more India applicants applying from Africa here on GmatClub..would love to hear if any of you have heard back regarding interviews yet?...

I am an Indian applicant from Singy... not heard anything yet.. get curious as R1 applicants started getting invited already..


The poor Indian applicants have historically been some of the last to hear. Hang in there! Another 10 days :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Mar 2015
Posts: 15
Location: Brazil
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.51
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2017, 12:48
Was anyone from south america invited for interview already?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jan 2014
Posts: 11
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: IMD Jan'18 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2017, 08:41
No email invite for me yet. Ind in Europe.
It would be good have a few comments on the results from applicants either way - invite to interview or rejected- so that others can assess if rejections are being sent at the same time.
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 188
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE: Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2017, 08:56
Hinjax wrote:
No email invite for me yet. Ind in Europe.
It would be good have a few comments on the results from applicants either way - invite to interview or rejected- so that others can assess if rejections are being sent at the same time.


Hi Hinjax, you can always check ClearAdmit's livewire: https://www.clearadmit.com/livewire/?sc ... nd=round-1

So far it looks like only Asia and 1 person in the Middle East has received invites
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jan 2014
Posts: 11
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: IMD Jan'18 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2017, 09:06
lpetroski wrote:
Hinjax wrote:
No email invite for me yet. Ind in Europe.
It would be good have a few comments on the results from applicants either way - invite to interview or rejected- so that others can assess if rejections are being sent at the same time.


Hi Hinjax, you can always check ClearAdmit's livewire: https://www.clearadmit.com/livewire/?sc ... nd=round-1

So far it looks like only Asia and 1 person in the Middle East has received invites


Hi lpetroski, thanks. Yes I looked at the livewire page earlier and it seemed that it was still lagging based on the activity on this forum. I hoped that a little message here would provide a gentle nudge to applicants with a response from INSEAD to post here too. The GMATClub decision tracker seems to be somewhat inactive.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2015
Posts: 3
Location: Brazil
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2017, 09:55
I've just received my interview notification. Brazilian applying for the R1. :-D
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 188
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE: Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2017, 12:10
msimonetti wrote:
I've just received my interview notification. Brazilian applying for the R1. :-D



Woohoo! Congrats!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2015
Posts: 32
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.72
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2017, 20:18
Any Indians from India on this forum?..Have Indians from any other part of the world received an invite yet?!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Dec 2015
Posts: 19
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2017, 02:07
Indian in Africa..have not heard anything yet! Going skydiving this weekend to calm my nerves...
Expert Post
VP
VP
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 1092
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2017, 02:49
Congrats to all you Round 1 invites ☆☆☆☆☆

http://MBAPrepCoach.COM
_________________

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2015
Posts: 61
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2017, 04:56
1
This post received
KUDOS
Indian from Canada here, heard nothing yet.. travelling in Turkey till 17th... in wonderfully weird Cappadocia now!
Hope to hear something when I get back.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2015
Posts: 32
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.72
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2017, 18:07
tylerdurden91 wrote:
Indian in Africa..have not heard anything yet! Going skydiving this weekend to calm my nerves...


Not a bad option I suppose:P
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 13 Apr 2017, 18:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  38    Next  [ 749 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.