It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 19:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
5 KUDOS received
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach

Kudos [?]: 186 [5], given: 76

Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2016, 03:19
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Deadlines

Round 1
Application Deadline: March 15, 2017
Interview Decision: April 21, 2017
Final Decision Notification: May 26, 2017

Round 2
Application Deadline: May 3, 2017
Interview Decision: June 2, 2017
Final Decision Notification: July 7, 2017

Round 3
Application Deadline: June 14, 2017
Interview Decision: July 13, 2017
Final Decision Notification: September 8, 2017

Round 4
Application Deadline: July 26, 2017
Interview Decision: August 25, 2017
Final Decision Notification: September 29, 2017

Register for the next In-House Event :

Here

Invited to Interviews? :

Apply to up to 5 Scholarships Now!

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Last edited by Narenn on 30 Jun 2017, 07:36, edited 5 times in total.
Edit

Kudos [?]: 186 [5], given: 76

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 101 [0], given: 98

Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE: Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2017, 07:30
dont_give_up wrote:
Do you references get notified if you get dinged or rejected without interview form a school?

No, they don't get notified either way.

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2017, 07:36
wacky77 wrote:
Dear All,

I am aiming for R2. I haven't given GMAT but will be applying with my GRE scores (321, V=153, Q=168) . In the past has anyone of you heard about any applicant being rejected just because he/she submitted GRE instead of GMAT ? I emailed their Admissions Officer and he says GRE is also fine.

Thank you all in advance !

If your AO said it was ok then it should be OK. However, when I spoke to admissions they were very adamant about only accepting the GMAT as they didn't feel they could accurately predict success with a GRE score. I understood that exceptions are made for candidates applying from countries where the GMAT is not (or rarely) scheduled. That said, I repeat, that if your AO said it's ok, then move forward with the app. Good luck!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2017, 21:01
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: March 2017: The Syndrome of Mediocrity
March starts with exams of Period 1. March proceeds with Period 2: buzzes of internship in a hectic 7-week period. March concludes with the intensity of internship interviews… and the release of P1 grades. I have to say, just to... Continue Reading →
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2017, 00:26
I applied for the R1 Jan 18 intake.
Someone else from my region and the same AO received their interview notification. Do AOs send all their invites together? Or do they send them out staggered? As in, do I still stand a chance to receive an interview invite ?

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2017, 04:48
This post received
KUDOS
IvanVay, from what I understand, they stagger it out. But they might look at one region first before moving on to another one i.e. unless they've moved on to another region, you still have a more than fighting chance. Even if they have, I think everyone has a fighting chance till April 21!

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 101 [1], given: 98

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2017, 06:56
This post received
KUDOS
tylerdurden91 wrote:
IvanVay, from what I understand, they stagger it out. But they might look at one region first before moving on to another one i.e. unless they've moved on to another region, you still have a more than fighting chance. Even if they have, I think everyone has a fighting chance till April 21!

Agree with Tylerdurden91 - it doesn't help to obsess over this - the deadline is April 21st, don't give up hope till then!

Intern
Intern

GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2017, 18:20
tylerdurden91 lpetroski Thanks guys, reassuring, but the wait it still nerve wracking ha

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.72
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2017, 21:09
Ah yes the 15 day countdown has begun!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Expert Post
Director
Director
G

Kudos [?]: 186 [0], given: 76

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2017, 23:28
lpetroski wrote:
dont_give_up wrote:
Do you references get notified if you get dinged or rejected without interview form a school?

No, they don't get notified either way.

Yes, confirming that they don't so have no fear

Farrell Dyan

Expert Post
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2017, 23:33
lpetroski wrote:
wacky77 wrote:
Dear All,

I am aiming for R2. I haven't given GMAT but will be applying with my GRE scores (321, V=153, Q=168) . In the past has anyone of you heard about any applicant being rejected just because he/she submitted GRE instead of GMAT ? I emailed their Admissions Officer and he says GRE is also fine.

Thank you all in advance !

If your AO said it was ok then it should be OK. However, when I spoke to admissions they were very adamant about only accepting the GMAT as they didn't feel they could accurately predict success with a GRE score. I understood that exceptions are made for candidates applying from countries where the GMAT is not (or rarely) scheduled. That said, I repeat, that if your AO said it's ok, then move forward with the app. Good luck!

wacky77 - yes, they feel the GMAT is more reliable because they have a longer track record of measuring how it predicts success in the program. However the GRE is OK, as lpetroski stated, if the GMAT is not available in your country. wacky77, I am very curious - would you mind sharing if the GRE is available in your country?

If so, it would indicate an overall policy change on the GMAT for INSEAD.

Farrell Dyan

Expert Post
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2017, 23:43
Hello R2 applicants - my clients have reported two sets of video questions.

1. What kind of skills do you want to learn at INSEAD
2. What are the most important drivers of a successful business
3. Tell me about a time you were caught off guard in a different culture
4. How do you lead your colleagues when business priorities change?

1.How do you lead your colleagues to deal with changed business priorities?
2. If you were given unlimited resources, what services or product would your company provide?
3. How do you promote sensitivity and inclusion in the workplace?
4. Please state why INSEAD should give you a seat?

Farrell Dyan

Expert Post
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2017, 23:47
Really make sure you get down to specifics in all areas of your application. If you or your recommender fails to provide SPECIFIC EXAMPLES and RELATABLE STORIES It will torpedo your candidacy. Why? Because you won’t be memorable nor separate you from anyone. Make sure they provide examples that have a beginning, middle and end, preferably in STAR format.

Farrell Dyan

Expert Post
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2017, 00:02
harsha2085 wrote:
This is how I approached my personal essay:

First paragraph: Started with a quote and elaborated how i use it as a mantra in my life. Described what the most important thing to me is and why.

Second paragraph: Example and personal history (childhood) of why i think i have the above mentioned approach to life. Connected the example to more personal charactistics.

Third paragraph: Another example (teens to ~20) and connected this to personal development and contribution to outlook on things.

Fourth paragraph: weaknesses and conclusion abt how insead fits in.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi harsha2085 this sounds interesting. No the mantra ultimately relates to strengths, correct? I structure client essays a bit differently - sometimes start with a quote, other times not, their "claim" (characteristics) and then examples (anecdotes to support examples.)

However I do question the part about how INSEAD fits in with this, it really should be centered on you, you and you. I would recommend that you discuss Why INSEAD on the career essay (unlimited space) or the optional if you feel it fits better there. Just create the space for them to get to know you.

Email your draft to me if you like - I can review it early next week.

Farrell Dyan

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2017, 02:36
This post received
KUDOS
IvanVay wrote:
tylerdurden91 lpetroski Thanks guys, reassuring, but the wait it still nerve wracking ha

I know!! There's a huge difference between knowing this and being able to put it to practice. INSEAD is not very kind in having staggering results compared to other schools that announce everything on one day. I was a bit of a nervous wreck myself. I would try to not even think about it till the 17th. Some people may have been notified 15 days in advance but the majority won't hear till 3-4 days before. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

Schools: IMD Jan'18 (D)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2017, 22:15
Dear Fellow Indian applicants

Did you take TOEFL or equivalent exam. INSEAD website says "Send a proof that the language of instruction was English". What kind of proofs are acceptable?

Thanks

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2017, 00:21
From what I understand, If you were taught in English during University (which is typically the case in India), then you don't need to show any certificate..

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2017, 09:55
One of my clients from Round 1 has received an interview offer already. Chinese, living in Japan, wanting to start at Singy. He's actually already at a nightclub, so how perfect is that. Celebrating.

Farrell Dyan

3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 24 [3], given: 17

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2017, 23:24
This post received
KUDOS
Ok, guys, yesterday I visited the Fonty campus (MBA In-House Event) and I would like to share my impressions. So, brace yourselves, a long post is coming...

First, my general impression was very good and that the visit was definitely worth it. I'd recommend it to anyone who is considering INSEAD and can afford to visit.

Volunteer students were taking visitors in groups of 5 for a campus tour, and it seemed they were having interesting discussions and offering some insight on the business school life. I, however, got unlucky and did not get a current student. I was taken by one of the staff for the tour, which was fine, but much less personal (kind of "this is meeting rooms, this is the gym, this is X, etc.).

Honestly, all the information about the program overview, career development and admissions criteria was not really helpful since I had already done a massive amount of research and have my application almost ready. I can see however that for many people who are just in the beginning of the process how it could make things more clear.

The masterclass was fine. We had a French professor teaching a Organizational Behavior class, more specifically Power and Politics in the workplace. The course is usually taught in 24 hours but, for the event, it was condensed in a 1 hour masterclass. You guys can guess that we only scratched the surface and did not into any real depth on the subject. Of course it was not the professor's fault in any way and I can imagine the full course to be valuable to one's career.

I learned one "bad" thing, though: tuition fees are now at 80.8k euros for the class graduating in December 2018. Just 2 years ago (class graduating in December 2016) the fees were at 66k! I guess that's the collateral of being #1 at FT's ranking two years in a row...

And here is the best part of the visit: the current students panel and the cocktail with current students. We heard the experience from 4 17'J who are in P4, now. There was a French guy who knew he wanted to go to a tech startup from the beginning of his MBA. There was an Indian banker (who was super fun, politically incorrect, very frank) who changed his mind during the MBA and now he wants to go to tech (not necessarily a startup, though). A Polish girl with amazing international experience who joined the program as an explorer, and now also wants to work in tech (I know, it seems to be the trend!). And finally, a Danish former corporate lawyer, who used to be in the top 10 competition bike racers in Denmark, and is also looking for a change of industry and role.
Overall, I must say that all of them looked super interesting and smart, and I would love to work with them in groups or just have a drink at the bar.

The last part was the cocktail, which started at 18:15 and went until 20:00. I must say that before going to the event I thought that it would be super hard to network with people for almost 2 hours. In the end, time really flew by, and luckily I checked my watch 10 minutes before the time my cab was scheduled, otherwise I would have missed my train to Paris. I talked to both prospective and current students, and found a very interesting mix.

I came out of the event convinced that INSEAD is a great choice, and I am now even more excited about the program.

Kudos [?]: 24 [3], given: 17

Expert Post
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2017, 01:37
@latinoinasuit thanks for sharing, awesome read. Glad you had a positive experience.

http://MBAPrepCoach.COM

Farrell Dyan

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 7

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2017, 09:21
This post received
KUDOS
I was notified of interview decision on 31 March - think my AO helped expedite because of my local scholarship opportunity outlined in a previous post. Really grateful for this!

Interviews scheduled for end of April and early May as my interviewers are travelling - to be expected of INSEAD alums I guess! :)

Interview prep underway... Any good links/content you'd suggest? I've seen some good posts.

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 7

Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 09 Apr 2017, 09:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  37    Next  [ 733 posts ] 

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap