Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 12:41 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 108
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 108
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
randombetch wrote:
I got in! Can't believe it. Was going to wait until after work to check, but couldn't wait any longer.

Congratulations!! That's big news!!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Congrats to all admits! Here is R2 admission summary based on stats submitted on Decision Tracker.
  • Avg GMAT score and GMAT range of admits is 755 (730 - 780) whereas that of overall R2 application pool is 731 (610 - 780).
  • 9 of 212 applicants have been admitted in January round, with acceptance rate of 4%.
  • Among 9 admits, 5 are from US, and 1 from Czech Republic and Canada each. 2 applicants did not disclose their locations.

Good luck to all who are on the waitlist. We look forward to admits/waitlists joining us in their respective threads.
Admitted Applicants https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 30671.html
Waitlisted Applicants https://gmatclub.com/forum/official-hbs ... 30669.html

Attachment:
HBS R2.png
HBS R2.png [ 161.18 KiB | Viewed 5335 times ]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Do all the admitted students receive a telephonic call from HBS ? If yes, then long does it take them to call you ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
thekillingjoke wrote:
Do all the admitted students receive a telephonic call from HBS ? If yes, then long does it take them to call you ?

I'm not sure if everyone gets called, but I received a call from a current student around 5PM that day and then a call from my interviewer at 9PM EST - I live in China, so I suspect she was calling me so late because it was the start of my day here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Admitted in R1, I got a call about an hour after release from my interviewer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey guys ,

i am a bit confused about the timeline for mba application at harvard ....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [0]
Given Kudos: 854
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
k.Priya wrote:
Hey guys ,

That is a statement. Could you please post your question. :)
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
k.Priya wrote:
Hey guys ,

Can you please elaborate? What did you find confusing in HBS app timeline?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Last Minute Round 3 Questions
We’re only days away from the Round 3--and the end of our Class of 2019 application cycle. I know you know the deadline to submit is Monday, April 3 at noon Boston time. (Yes, we will keep things open for a bit afterward to catch all applications in the process of being submitted…but, it is your responsibility to get it in on time.)

Last minute questions will inevitably come up, and we’re here for you. If you are stuck, give us a call or send us an email. In addition to our normal days and hours, we will be on the phones and on email over the weekend from 12-4 p.m. (again, Boston time) on both Saturday and Sunday if you need us.

We can’t wait to read your applications!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
k.Priya wrote:
Hey guys ,

I am confused as well. On the site it says:

"In order to be considered in a particular round, you must submit a GMAT or GRE score from a test taken on or before the round’s application deadline.  You may submit unofficial GMAT or GRE scores when you apply and have the official scores sent to HBS when they are available"

Does this mean I can take the GRE/GMAT on Monday since that is on the deadline?
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
jweiss8 wrote:
I am confused as well. On the site it says:

"In order to be considered in a particular round, you must submit a GMAT or GRE score from a test taken on or before the round’s application deadline.  You may submit unofficial GMAT or GRE scores when you apply and have the official scores sent to HBS when they are available"

Does this mean I can take the GRE/GMAT on Monday since that is on the deadline?

jweiss8

In order to be considered in a particular round, you must submit a GMAT or GRE score from a test taken on or before the round’s application deadline = you must have TAKEN the exam by the application deadline.

You may submit unofficial GMAT or GRE scores when you apply = if you take the exam close to the application date, you won't have official scores yet. When you receive them, send them.

Does this make sense?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GRE 1: Q167 V165
GPA: 3.86
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Anybody else throwing their hat in the ring for R3? I know it's a long shot, but I had to do it.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
oilMBA wrote:
Anybody else throwing their hat in the ring for R3? I know it's a long shot, but I had to do it.

Did you submit all your other apps in R2 - or are you worried about your age? Ie, is there a compelling reason not to wait for Round 1?
I do not mean to discourage but round 3 is particularly tough for GSB & HBS.
You have great stats, hopefully an excellent resume with some top brands on there, and something special to bring in the essay.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
oilMBA wrote:

Did you submit all your other apps in R2 - or are you worried about your age? Ie, is there a compelling reason not to wait for Round 1?
I do not mean to discourage but round 3 is particularly tough for GSB & HBS.
You have great stats, hopefully an excellent resume with some top brands on there, and something special to bring in the essay.

Hi there. I actually submitted all my apps R3 (HBS, GSB, Wharton, Darden, and Rice). My main reason for the R3 app was I was completing a masters degree while working full time and I had a research project and defense along with an additional course and then about 60-65 hrs/week of work. I wanted to get the apps in earlier, but I knew I couldn't give work, school, and my apps the effort they deserved if I did them all at the same time. I finished up the masters at the end of december and then went right into MBA apps.

Originally posted by oilMBA on 03 Apr 2017, 05:42.
Last edited by oilMBA on 09 May 2017, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Round 3 Dates
It’s official – the Class of 2019 application cycle is now closed!  We are already immersed in reading and enjoying getting to know you through your applications. Round 3 goes quickly, so let me lay out the dates for you.

Interview invitations and “early release”

- Regular MBA applicants: Wednesday, April 12 (at noon EST)

- 2+2 applicants: Wednesday, April 19th (at noon EST)

Note that if we are unable to invite you to interview, you will receive an “early release” notification on the same day so you can move forward with other plans.

Interview locations / dates

• Regular MBA applicants: We will host on campus interviews on Friday, April 28. Hub city interviews will be available in London (April 28-30), New York City (April 28), and Menlo Park (April 24 and May 2). Skype as needed/requested.

• 2+2 applicants: We will hold on campus interviews on Monday, May 1 and Monday, May 8. Hub city interviews will be available in London (April 28-30) and Menlo Park (April 27 and May 4). Skype as needed/requested.

Remember that where you choose to interview does not affect our evaluation. It is the same trained members of the Admissions Board conducting the interviews in all locations.

Decision notification

• Regular MBA applicants: Wednesday, May 10 (at noon EST)

• 2+2 applicants: Wednesday, May 17 (at noon EST)

Phew! That was a lot for one post, but hopefully it’s helpful to have all the upcoming dates in one place.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
Less than 24 hours left till invites go out!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Unfortunately got denied without interview. Was hoping to at least advance to the interview round.

Good luck to all who advance and congratulations to all who have already gotten in!

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by oilMBA on 12 Apr 2017, 09:08.
Last edited by oilMBA on 06 May 2017, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts