It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 00:27

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3851 [1], given: 2464

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2017, 08:53
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hope everyone is doing well. Only 2 days left for R2 app submission deadline; How many applicants have already submitted their apps?

I did a quick analysis of R1 admission trend in this year. Here are major observations...

• Acceptance rate for R1 applicants is 9.86%. It is lower than last year in which it was 11.5%.
  • As expected, avg GMAT & GPA of admits are higher than those of overall application pool; however, work experience of admits is actually lower. Any thoughts on this?
  • There were 7 applicants with 780 GMAT score of which only one has been accepted.
  • Out of 175 applicants who reported their GMAT scores on forum, 160 applicants had GMAT scores of 700 or higher and 108 applicants had 740 or higher.

HBS R1 Stats (GMATClub Users)
Avg GMATGMAT RangeAvg GPAWork Experience (in Years)
Overall736580-7803.605
Admitted745710-7803.694
Denied/Waitlisted735580-7803.595

Source: GMATClub Applicant Data

Any thoughts, comments are most welcome. Do let us know how you are approaching essays and other parts of the application.

100+ Interview Debriefs from GMAT Club members

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3851 [1], given: 2464

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Countdown to Round 2 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 09:00
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Countdown to Round 2
Happy New Year from HBS! With only 24 hours until the Round 2 deadline the Admissions team is ramping up and getting ready to read your applications.

A few things to keep in mind:

• The Round 2 deadline is tomorrow at 12pm EST.

• We are available by phone and email if you have any questions or concerns.

Phone: +1.617.495.6128
Email: admissions@hbs.edu
Technical Assistance: slatesupport@hbs.edu

• Notification day for Round 2 is Wednesday, March 22nd

Please submit your application as early as you are able, but rest assured that we will keep the application open after 12pm EST to receive all the applications that are in the process of being submitted.

We always get questions about late letters of recommendation. Just between you and me (don’t tell your procrastinating recommender), we will continue to accept recommendations all this week. Remember, it’s ultimately on you to make sure both letters are submitted.

I’ll post again in the next week or two to let you know about Round 2 interview invitation dates and hub cities – stay tuned.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 16

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.73
Premium Member
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 10:39
Submitted!

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 16

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 00:48
newsHBS wrote:
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Countdown to Round 2
Happy New Year from HBS! With only 24 hours until the Round 2 deadline the Admissions team is ramping up and getting ready to read your applications.

A few things to keep in mind:

• The Round 2 deadline is tomorrow at 12pm EST.

• We are available by phone and email if you have any questions or concerns.

Phone: +1.617.495.6128
Email: admissions@hbs.edu
Technical Assistance: slatesupport@hbs.edu

• Notification day for Round 2 is Wednesday, March 22nd

Please submit your application as early as you are able, but rest assured that we will keep the application open after 12pm EST to receive all the applications that are in the process of being submitted.

We always get questions about late letters of recommendation. Just between you and me (don’t tell your procrastinating recommender), we will continue to accept recommendations all this week. Remember, it’s ultimately on you to make sure both letters are submitted.

I’ll post again in the next week or two to let you know about Round 2 interview invitation dates and hub cities – stay tuned.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Submitted the application last night! However one of my recommender has still not done his bit! I hope the school will still accept the application and recommendation as it says above!
Anyone in the same boat as me?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 08:27
Surprised by how little activity there is in this thread for HBS R2 relative to R1 and past years for R2. Wonder what's up...

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q43 V46
GRE 1: 332 Q162 V170
GPA: 3.8
WE: Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 08:57
FWIW... I made my $250 donation in R2.

<---I only took the GRE. The GMAT score displayed is what the conversion calculator produces.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 13:40
Submitted for round 2 :)

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [1], given: 2

GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.76
WE: Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 19:13
This post received
KUDOS
ConsideringMBA17 wrote:
FWIW... I made my $250 donation in R2.

Wondering if all our $250 donations to HBS are tax deductible :lol:

Kudos [?]: 11 [1], given: 2

1 KUDOS received
Simon Rochester ThreadMaster

Kudos [?]: 11 [1], given: 0

GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 20:29
This post received
KUDOS
I also submitted my $250 donation :)

Good luck everyone

Kudos [?]: 11 [1], given: 0

Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 14:18
I'm sure you folks are joking about the donation... but you never know! I truly wasn't expecting to be interviewed, let alone being admitted.

You can't be admitted without trying! Good luck and if I can help in anyway, feel free to PM me.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 14:45
This post received
KUDOS
aeropower wrote:
I'm sure you folks are joking about the donation... but you never know! I truly wasn't expecting to be interviewed, let alone being admitted.

You can't be admitted without trying! Good luck and if I can help in anyway, feel free to PM me.

Heh. Perhaps "donation" was a bit pessimistic?

"Wager" is probably more accurate. I wagered $250 to have a 1-in-10 chance at being a HBS alumnus someday.

<---I only took the GRE. The GMAT score displayed is what the conversion calculator produces.

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 0

Current Student
B
Affiliations: MBB Consultant

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 27

Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
My HBS Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 21:44

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 27

Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 28

WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge
My HBS Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2017, 21:57

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 28

Intern
Intern

Round 2 Applicants: What's Next? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 08:00
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Round 2 Applicants: What's Next?
Congratulations to all of you who submitted your applications in last week’s Round 2! Didn’t it feel good to hit the “submit” button? We had a beautiful snowfall here in Boston over the weekend, so you can imagine us, sitting by the fireplace with some hot chocolate, getting to know you.

A few Round 2 items to update you on:

• Interview invitations will go out in two waves: January 25 and Feb 1. As before, try not to worry about which day you receive an invitation to interview. It’s an administrative step for us to make sure everything goes smoothly with the interview invitations and sign-ups. Interviews will be held from February 3 – March 6.

• In addition to on-campus interviews in Boston, we will be interviewing in Dubai, London, Menlo Park, New Delhi, New York, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo. No matter where you interview, a member of the Admissions Board will conduct your interview and the process and evaluation will be the same. If you do decide to come to campus to interview, you’ll also have a chance (if you want) to sit in on a class, meet fellow applicants, current students and faculty members.

And now, back to that hot chocolate…

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern

Round 2 Interview Invitations [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2017, 11:00
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Round 2 Interview Invitations
Good morning! We have had a busy few weeks, and we’re gearing up to send out our first wave of Round 2 interview invitations on Wednesday (Jan. 25) at noon Eastern. Remember, this is only a portion of the interview invites; the second (and final) wave will be distributed on Feb. 1.

The online interview scheduler will go live the day AFTER interview invitations go out, so you have time to think about dates/times/locations that work for you.

And, a reminder, we love to welcome you on campus for interviews, but your odds of acceptance are the same if you interview in a Global Hub city, via Skype, or on campus. All interviews everywhere are conducted by members of the Admissions Board.

I know waiting is tough, but please don’t send in any additional information at this point. We consider your application complete once you hit submit.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 1

GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2017, 21:21
This post received
KUDOS
Tomorrow is the big day :)
Good luck to everyone else who is eagerly waiting for the interview invitations.

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Schools: Wharton '19 (A)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2017, 08:23
Good luck everyone.

Last edited by hibye on 24 Jan 2017, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Current Student
B

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2017, 08:52
hibye wrote:
Anyone a re-applicant here? If you view your last year's decision on the portal, what do you see?

Re-applicant, R1 admit - not sure what you're asking for, but it's there the same as it was last year when HBS made its decision.

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2017, 10:54
Mattes1988 wrote:
Tomorrow is the big day :)
Good luck to everyone else who is eagerly waiting for the interview invitations.

Starting to feel the anxiety. Good luck everyone :shock:

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2017, 14:26
It feels weird knowing that, in all likelihood, my application has been reviewed and a decision has been made.

Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!   [#permalink] 24 Jan 2017, 14:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  27    Next  [ 537 posts ] 

Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: ydmuley

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap