Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Kudos
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Wrapping Up Interviews
As we packed up at the end of our last Round 1 interview day on campus, I chatted informally with a few other members of the Admissions Board about the incredible people we have met (that’s you) from around the world. Many of you told me that you were pleasantly surprised (and relieved) that the interviews were personal, conversational, and substantive. That’s music to my ears, and I hope it was true for all of you. We are really aiming to get to know you.

In the process of getting to know you, I felt the added bonus of learning so much from you—about your industries, the projects or deals you’ve worked on, the challenges you’ve overcome, your aspirations for the future, your perspectives on leadership and the role of business for good in our world. Thank you for that. Speaking with you reminds me of how much I learned from my classmates as a student here.

Now your hard work is done, and ours begins continues. Relish in that as the Thanksgiving holiday (for those of you in the U.S.) approaches! Before you know it, December 14 and final Round 1 decisions will be here.

For those applying in Round 2—we look forward to meeting you, too. Remember that we’re here to help as you get your application over the finish line (by Jan 4!). Check out the rest of this website for great resources, and don’t hesitate to reach out to admissions@hbs.edu or +1 617-495-6128 if you have specific questions.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: HBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.9
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
According to the HBS admissions website and the interview day materials, decisions come out Dec. 14. However, according to the first page of this thread, P&Q's deadline list, and ClearAdmit, decisions come out Dec. 7. Does anyone know where the Dec. 7 date is coming from and if there is any validity to it?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
they probably just use last year's date - in any case... it's December 14th...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.74
WE:Business Development (Investment Banking)
Send PM
In for R2!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Kudos
The count down is about to begin! Wednesday is coming... Good luck to everyone!!

Best,
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ritz17 wrote:
According to the HBS admissions website and the interview day materials, decisions come out Dec. 14. However, according to the first page of this thread, P&Q's deadline list, and ClearAdmit, decisions come out Dec. 7. Does anyone know where the Dec. 7 date is coming from and if there is any validity to it?

Looks like HBS has changed the decision date. At the beginning on the application cycle, HBS had posted 7th Dec as the decision date; We updated our databases accordingly, but now I can see they have changed it to Dec 14th. I've updated the first post with revised deadline.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
santamaria wrote:
The count down is about to begin! Wednesday is coming... Good luck to everyone!!

Best,

Good luck guys! May the force be with you all.

Take a look at our recent analysis on chances of getting admitted after interview.. chances-of-getting-admitted-after-an-interview-230246.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Ritz17 wrote:

Looks like HBS has changed the decision date. At the beginning on the application cycle, HBS had posted 7th Dec as the decision date; We updated our databases accordingly, but now I can see they have changed it to Dec 14th. I've updated the first post with revised deadline.

That is correct! After the interview I even received a paper from the adcom where it clear mentions Dec 14th as the date we would receive the decision.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Round One Decisions This Week
On my way into work this morning I tried to think about what might be most helpful to those of you who applied and interviewed with us in round one. Here goes:

First, let me start with some of the mechanics for Wednesday, December 14. Decisions will be released at 12 noon, Eastern Standard Time, via the Application Status page. (Just log in directly, you don’t need to wait for an email.) There will be one of three decisions: accept, waitlist or release. Accept and release are self-explanatory; the waitlist means that we are really encouraged about your candidacy but have not made a final decision yet. You should take it as a good sign! There will be more details on the waitlist on December 14 and in an email from Eileen Chang later in the week.

Second, some advice. Before decisions are released, take some time (even 10 minutes) to reflect on the past couple of months. What have you learned about yourself and what’s important to you over the next few years (and decades)? How do you want to make a difference in the world and how does HBS fit into those plans? Once the decisions are released, there will be a swirl of activity, conversation and, maybe, emotion—so if you can, take time to feel as grounded as possible going into Wednesday.

We are delighted about the “accept” offers that will go out on Wednesday—we need each of your perspectives in the Class of 2019. We are grateful for all of you who have applied.

For those applying in round two, we haven’t forgotten about you! I know it’s a busy time. I’ll post again with some more thoughts for you next week, but be sure to tune into our Round 2 QA webinar on December 14 at 4pm Eastern.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
In for R2 :D might just be $250 thrown away but trying won't hurt
Good luck everyone!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck to all HBS applicants! Join chat room4 to share decision updates with each other in real time.. mchat4.php?fl=menu
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck everyone!! May the force be with you all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Can't believe it, I'm in!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Speechless. I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts