Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 11:12 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 187 [0]
Given Kudos: 379
WE:Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Given Kudos: 317
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72901 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Just a note for participants: Cheating & points inflation will be harshly punished.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5429 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Nevernevergiveup wrote:
bb wrote:
npin2 wrote:
Hi bb,

I was about to write my review today but noticed that you offer only Amazon USA voucher. :( Will it be possible for you to offer an Amazon India voucher? If I am to buy using Amazon.com, using the USA voucher, half of the the voucher's worth will be gone in the shipping itself :/

Hi. It is only Amazon US gift cards unfortunately. We have tried buying others but without success - we would get our orders canceled and refunded by Amazon.
You can use it to buy ingangible goods such as software, eBooks, Kindle books, or you can always use a different reward for your review such as GMAT Club tests access or a Guide from Stacy Blackman or MBA Prep School.

I gifted mine to my US friend as I was unable to use it properly.
Shipping costs are heavy for US to other countries.

I also used mine to gift my friend in USA. I had three coupons. So, gifted my friend a $60 price. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.95
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I redeemed 150 points to get the GMAT Club Tests subscription for 3 months (2017-03-22 23:07) . In the FAQ section of the rewards page, it is mentioned that it is activated instantly. However it has still not been activated.

Can anyone let me know if it takes some time to get reflected in the account? When I go to the GMAT Club Test section, the message "You do not have a subscription" is displayed.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
tapabrata wrote:
I redeemed 150 points to get the GMAT Club Tests subscription for 3 months (2017-03-22 23:07) . In the FAQ section of the rewards page, it is mentioned that it is activated instantly. However it has still not been activated.

Can anyone let me know if it takes some time to get reflected in the account? When I go to the GMAT Club Test section, the message "You do not have a subscription" is displayed.

i see you got the "badge" of the CAT tests + i see you still got the points...for just in case try redeeming one more time.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72901 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
tapabrata wrote:

It is not instant. I have granted you access a few hours ago. I also sent you a PM.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.95
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
bb wrote:
tapabrata wrote:

It is not instant. I have granted you access a few hours ago. I also sent you a PM.

Hello bb.
I received your PM and I checked that the GMAT Club Tests are activated. Thank you so much :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Hello Team ,
I have submitted a review for GMAC question pack 1 and it went live , but my dashboard does not reflect the 5 points that it ideally should once a product is reviewed ( reward points) , kindly do make the necessary changes .

Regards,
HK

PS - i sent a mail to support gmatclub twice and yet no response. Look forward to some reply here

bb
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello BB ,

"previous activities/purchases do not qualify."

Why so? I have already purchased the GMAT CLUB tests and would not purchase them again , but ideally 10 points would help right? I wish this changes for previous customers of GC tests ( atleast last one year or so) (or) people with more than 100 posts (or) people who scored above 700

Regards,
HK
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: NA
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 590 Q50 V21
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 3: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hello BB,

I didn't receive 20 points on claiming badge Circle Back 2nd time :cry: .
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4548 [0]
Given Kudos: 1228
Send PM
anje29 wrote:
Hello BB,

I didn't receive 20 points on claiming badge Circle Back 2nd time :cry: .

You have to go through the rules carefully. You get 20 points only for earning the badge for the first time. Additionally, the bonus points are provided only once per badge.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Hi Hatakekakashi,

I am merging your topic into the rewards one.

kindly note that these points are activated manually. As soon as administrators have time, they will do so.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72901 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Important Update - a new improvement is being introduced to the system as of today, April 24th.

The moderator group has reviewed Rewards-related activity for the first 3 months of the year and has observed a number of unintended outcomes. As the result, in order to cut down on the number of useless posts observed in forums that started after rewards system introduction, a new requirement has been suggested by a moderator group.

The requirement was put in place today. From now on, users to have a minimum number of Kudos in order to progress through the levels in the GMAT Club Rewards and continue earning points. What this means is that members will not be able to reach a particular level, for example, Gold level without having at least 50 Kudos. If you are in this situation, your point earning will suspend until you are able to earn the sufficient number of kudos. If you are wondering how to improve your Kudos situation, consider posting helpful posts that go beyond chit-chat or simple question replies. Think about what you would give Kudos for and it won't take long until your efforts are rewarded.

The following Kudos requirements have been set in place:

1 Bronze 0 kudos
2 Silver 25 kudos
3 Gold 50 kudos
4 Platinum 100 kudos
5 Diamond 200 kudos
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6126 [1]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Important Update - a new improvement is being introduced to the system as of today, April 24th.

It order to cut down on the number of useless and abusive posts observed in a number of forums after rewards system introduction, a new restriction has been suggested by a moderator group that will require users to have a minimum number of Kudos in order to progress through the levels in the GMAT Club Rewards and continue earning points. What this means is that members will not be able to reach a particular level, for example, Gold level without having at least 50 Kudos. If you are in this situation, your point earning will suspend until you are able to earn the sufficient number of kudos. If you are wondering how to improve your Kudos situation, consider posting helpful posts that go beyond chit-chat or simple question replies. Think about what you would give Kudos for and it won't take long until your efforts are rewarded.

1 Bronze 0 kudos
2 Silver 25 kudos
3 Gold 50 kudos
4 Platinum 100 kudos
5 Diamond 200 kudos

Great! Finally, I found sth useful with kudos, which expresses the real contribution to the forum.
VP
VP
Send PM
bb wrote:

It order to cut down on the number of useless and abusive posts observed in a number of forums after rewards system introduction, a new restriction has been suggested by a moderator group that will require users to have a minimum number of Kudos in order to progress through the levels in the GMAT Club Rewards and continue earning points. What this means is that members will not be able to reach a particular level, for example, Gold level without having at least 50 Kudos. If you are in this situation, your point earning will suspend until you are able to earn the sufficient number of kudos. If you are wondering how to improve your Kudos situation, consider posting helpful posts that go beyond chit-chat or simple question replies. Think about what you would give Kudos for and it won't take long until your efforts are rewarded.

1 Bronze 0 kudos
2 Silver 25 kudos
3 Gold 50 kudos
4 Platinum 100 kudos
5 Diamond 200 kudos

Hi ,
I do not think the current update is justifiable. While each user makes posts according to his/her choice , not every post would be eligible to get a kudos . A typical GMAT preparation period would be 3-4 months starting from scratch , so there ideally wouldn't be enough time to actually redeem the points and make use of them . For retakers who are very active , only then would it make sense to be eligible to redeem points viz silver , gold.

If the moderators/admins feel that there is an abuse of post usage , he/she can assign a warning to the respective user and make sure that it doesn't repeat. If it is difficult to individually monitor each post then i would suggest the moderators/admins to reduce the kudos for gold from 50 to 20 and for silver from 15- 10 . I believe that the points though should be ideally helpful in engaging a user , there should be a potential benefit to the user. Having tonnes of points and missing out on redeeming them just because you do not have a set number of kudos does not make sense. Then a user would ideally post and keep asking for kudos , while it is great to receive kudos , i believe kudos shouldn't be begged and given out of free will. I hope admins/mods conduct a poll / discussion to find the most effective way , which helps reduce post abuse and redemption of points

Regards,
HK
Board of Directors
Send PM
Hatakekakashi wrote:
bb wrote:

1 Bronze 0 kudos
2 Silver 25 kudos
3 Gold 50 kudos
4 Platinum 100 kudos
5 Diamond 200 kudos

Hi ,
I do not think the current update is justifiable. While each user makes posts according to his/her choice , not every post would be eligible to get a kudos . A typical GMAT preparation period would be 3-4 months starting from scratch , so there ideally wouldn't be enough time to actually redeem the points and make use of them . For retakers who are very active , only then would it make sense to be eligible to redeem points viz silver , gold.

If the moderators/admins feel that there is an abuse of post usage , he/she can assign a warning to the respective user and make sure that it doesn't repeat. If it is difficult to individually monitor each post then i would suggest the moderators/admins to reduce the kudos for gold from 50 to 20 and for silver from 15- 10 . I believe that the points though should be ideally helpful in engaging a user , there should be a potential benefit to the user. Having tonnes of points and missing out on redeeming them just because you do not have a set number of kudos does not make sense. Then a user would ideally post and keep asking for kudos , while it is great to receive kudos , i believe kudos shouldn't be begged and given out of free will. I hope admins/mods conduct a poll / discussion to find the most effective way , which helps reduce post abuse and redemption of points

Regards,
HK

Hi mate,

I understand your frustration. I believe the number of KUDOS is justifiable, as the rewards are good as well. Getting 50 kudos is not that hard, and you do not really need 50 posts for that. Kudos system was implemented specifically to point out to the posts that actually bring a benefit to the community. You can earn kudos, just as I did, by providing your way of reasoning while solving a question (Bunuel is a very generous person).

P.s. it was not necessary to create a separate topic with the same message - some of the moderators might think it as a way of cheating.
VP
VP
Send PM
mvictor wrote:

Hi mate,

I understand your frustration. I believe the number of KUDOS is justifiable, as the rewards are good as well. Getting 50 kudos is not that hard, and you do not really need 50 posts for that. Kudos system was implemented specifically to point out to the posts that actually bring a benefit to the community. You can earn kudos, just as I did, by providing your way of reasoning while solving a question (Bunuel is a very generous person).

P.s. it was not necessary to create a separate topic with the same message - some of the moderators might think it as a way of cheating.

Hi there ,
Cheating? :shock: I am quite shocked as to know how that accounts to cheating , all i wanted was visibility for my post :D and i have been quite active here from the past few months.

To earn 50 kudos might be easy , but it would mean that you have to bump every post and try and earn a kudos. My whole point is that the points should be useful , within a gmat period if even 20-30% of the user cannot redeem points it would make no sense to get them in the first place. Having kudos as a necessary pre requisite is a must but the number is a bit high for someone who has been recently active or for someone who has just joined GC

Regards,
HK
Board of Directors
Send PM
Hatakekakashi wrote:
mvictor wrote:

Hi mate,

Hi there ,
Cheating? :shock: I am quite shocked as to know how that accounts to cheating , all i wanted was visibility for my post :D and i have been quite active here from the past few months.

To earn 50 kudos might be easy , but it would mean that you have to bump every post and try and earn a kudos. My whole point is that the points should be useful , within a gmat period if even 20-30% of the user cannot redeem points it would make no sense to get them in the first place. Having kudos as a necessary pre requisite is a must but the number is a bit high for someone who has been recently active or for someone who has just joined GC

Regards,
HK

I didn't want to offend in any way by stating that you are a cheater. Posting/creating multiple posts/topics with the same message is one of the most used methods of points cheating. Regarding the kudos - I must respectfully disagree with you. Seeing the top 10 in the rewards system, we can see people who joined GMAT Club recently, but who have hundreds of kudos already...
Note that the costs of some of the rewards are in the hundreds of USD. Ask yourself - do you think such rewards should be easily accessible?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  30