Last visit was: 22 Jul 2024, 22:02 It is currently 22 Jul 2024, 22:02
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  30   
VP
VP
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 1248
Own Kudos [?]: 466 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
Location: United States (MO)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Board of Directors
Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Posts: 2145
Own Kudos [?]: 1192 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2016
Status:Long way to go!
Posts: 1141
Own Kudos [?]: 6316 [1]
Given Kudos: 65
Location: Viet Nam
Send PM
VP
VP
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 1248
Own Kudos [?]: 466 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
Location: United States (MO)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
nguyendinhtuong wrote:
Why do you react so critically? Note that GmatClub is a forum, and it needs contribution from every member, for a long time, not just someone who hits and runs.

Second, the rewards cost a lot of money. Hence, do you think that it is too easy to get points just by loggin in everyday and posting or replying without caring about the content?



When did i not care about the content i posted mate? :D Just because someone else does not check his content why should i face the consequences too?

who is being critical about what? Cheating was something i didn't understand as to why and i was shocked about that :/
VP
VP
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 1248
Own Kudos [?]: 466 [2]
Given Kudos: 126
Location: United States (MO)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
2
Kudos
mvictor wrote:
I was for this implementation, and I believe that 50 kudos for a gold is not that much, knowing that 5 kudos are given by admins just for registering on the forum.


Never got any :P
anyways thanks :D
Board of Directors
Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Posts: 2145
Own Kudos [?]: 1192 [1]
Given Kudos: 236
Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Hatakekakashi wrote:
mvictor wrote:
I was for this implementation, and I believe that 50 kudos for a gold is not that much, knowing that 5 kudos are given by admins just for registering on the forum.


Never got any :P
anyways thanks :D


From what I remember, you get 5 for reaching a specific number of posts/period. I might be wrong though, so here's a kudos from me!
Retired Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2016
Status:Long way to go!
Posts: 1141
Own Kudos [?]: 6316 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Location: Viet Nam
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Hatakekakashi wrote:
nguyendinhtuong wrote:
Why do you react so critically? Note that GmatClub is a forum, and it needs contribution from every member, for a long time, not just someone who hits and runs.

Second, the rewards cost a lot of money. Hence, do you think that it is too easy to get points just by loggin in everyday and posting or replying without caring about the content?


When did i not care about the content i posted mate? :D Just because someone else does not check his content why should i face the consequences too?

who is being critical about what? Cheating was something i didn't understand as to why and i was shocked about that :/


I didn't mention that you didn't care about the content. The previous point system could lead to that situation. I think that you are overacting. bb just wants to make sure the system goes well and attractting more contribution to forum. This is a win-win deal, so just go with it :-D
Retired Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2016
Status:Long way to go!
Posts: 1141
Own Kudos [?]: 6316 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Location: Viet Nam
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
btw, the rule is still the rule, no exception. If someone cares too much about rewards, then I could have the right to doubt his/her motivation to this forum.
Alum
Joined: 12 Aug 2015
Posts: 2271
Own Kudos [?]: 3198 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Personal Opinion => If you are here on the forum just for the Rewards => It is a terrible terrible decision.
Absolutely not worth time

One => The propose of this forum to get you prepared for the GMAT and the B-school in general.

Rewards are just in place to motivate you.

Two =>If you get too much into the Rewards, you might actually loose the way as to why you registered on the forum on the first place.


Do not think rewards as mere Freebies => REWARDS ARE IN PLACE TO MOTIVATE US in this wonderful journey.
Make sure you earn them.And more importantly make sure you earn them right.


In any-case => Helping someone>>>>earning rewards.(which is why we get kudos if someone thinks our posts helped him/her :) )


Regards
Stone Cold
VP
VP
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 1248
Own Kudos [?]: 466 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
Location: United States (MO)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
nguyendinhtuong wrote:
I think that you are overacting


Well I think you must learn to choose your words carefully.
What BB does for the forum is the best and i would abide by whatever are the set rules , but if the rules can be changed to better suit a set of people it would be better.

Originally posted by Hatakekakashi on 26 Apr 2017, 02:15.
Last edited by stonecold on 26 Apr 2017, 14:16, edited 3 times in total.
Post Edited.
VP
VP
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 1248
Own Kudos [?]: 466 [1]
Given Kudos: 126
Location: United States (MO)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
1
Kudos
stonecold wrote:

In any-case => Helping someone>>>>earning rewards.(which is why we get kudos if someone thinks our posts helped him/her :)

Regards
Stone Cold[/b][/color]


Yeah agreed :D

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and the forum allows everyone to express his or her opinion. I believed earning kudos was not so easy , but if others say it not so hard , i will take the necessary effort to make sure i'd earn some kudos.

ps -thanks for the varied responses , unfollowing the forum cheers
Manager
Manager
Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Posts: 132
Own Kudos [?]: 273 [1]
Given Kudos: 317
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
1
Kudos
bb wrote:
Important Update - a new improvement is being introduced to the system as of today, April 24th.

It order to cut down on the number of useless and abusive posts observed in a number of forums after rewards system introduction, a new restriction has been suggested by a moderator group that will require users to have a minimum number of Kudos in order to progress through the levels in the GMAT Club Rewards and continue earning points. What this means is that members will not be able to reach a particular level, for example, Gold level without having at least 50 Kudos. If you are in this situation, your point earning will suspend until you are able to earn the sufficient number of kudos. If you are wondering how to improve your Kudos situation, consider posting helpful posts that go beyond chit-chat or simple question replies. Think about what you would give Kudos for and it won't take long until your efforts are rewarded.


The following Kudos requirements have been set in place:

1 Bronze 0 kudos
2 Silver 25 kudos
3 Gold 50 kudos
4 Platinum 100 kudos
5 Diamond 200 kudos


Hi bb,

Good amendment !!
But, I have one small question - is the above kudos include already redeemed ones.

For instance, I redeemed my initial 25 kudos for GMATCLUB test and now left with only 18 kudos. So, the counting is 18 or 43 ?
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37862
Own Kudos [?]: 74253 [3]
Given Kudos: 20580
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
3
Kudos
Expert Reply
godot53 wrote:
bb wrote:
Important Update - a new improvement is being introduced to the system as of today, April 24th.

It order to cut down on the number of useless and abusive posts observed in a number of forums after rewards system introduction, a new restriction has been suggested by a moderator group that will require users to have a minimum number of Kudos in order to progress through the levels in the GMAT Club Rewards and continue earning points. What this means is that members will not be able to reach a particular level, for example, Gold level without having at least 50 Kudos. If you are in this situation, your point earning will suspend until you are able to earn the sufficient number of kudos. If you are wondering how to improve your Kudos situation, consider posting helpful posts that go beyond chit-chat or simple question replies. Think about what you would give Kudos for and it won't take long until your efforts are rewarded.


The following Kudos requirements have been set in place:

1 Bronze 0 kudos
2 Silver 25 kudos
3 Gold 50 kudos
4 Platinum 100 kudos
5 Diamond 200 kudos


Hi bb,

Good amendment !!
But, I have one small question - is the above kudos include already redeemed ones.

For instance, I redeemed my initial 25 kudos for GMATCLUB test and now left with only 18 kudos. So, the counting is 18 or 43 ?


Redeeming kudos does not have an impact/not included. Only the earned Kudos matter. In your above example, it would be considered 43.
However, keep in mind that the same rule applies to the Rewards - if you have earned 199 points and lack kudos to move to Gold with 200, your point earning will be suspended, even if you redeem points.
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37862
Own Kudos [?]: 74253 [3]
Given Kudos: 20580
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
3
Kudos
Expert Reply
Please note that today we introduced another update to the Rewards System.
Previously rewards points were only added and never subtracted. For example, if you started a topic that was already discussed and it was merged or deleted by moderators, one got the credit and points for that activity, even though, they should not have.

Starting today, we are able to track (retroactively as well) when activities that have earned points are reversed and in those cases, points will be deducted.

Trying to keep it fair for those who are doing the right thing.
Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 14 Apr 2017
Posts: 248
Own Kudos [?]: 240 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Location: India
sandeep : sharma
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Hi Bunnel,

Thanks for this tempting reward point system.
Please clarify whether benefits would be same whether I purchase premium membership in $49 or 100 points?

Thanks
Sandeep
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37862
Own Kudos [?]: 74253 [1]
Given Kudos: 20580
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply
mbaaspirant80 wrote:
Hi Bunnel,

Thanks for this tempting reward point system.
Please clarify whether benefits would be same whether I purchase premium membership in $49 or 100 points?

Thanks
Sandeep



Yes, they would be the same :-)
Please note though, you do not get reward points for redeeming reward points, so you don't get the bonus of 10 or 20 points when you redeem points.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 14 Apr 2017
Posts: 248
Own Kudos [?]: 240 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Location: India
sandeep : sharma
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
bb wrote:
mbaaspirant80 wrote:
Hi Bunnel,

Thanks for this tempting reward point system.
Please clarify whether benefits would be same whether I purchase premium membership in $49 or 100 points?

Thanks
Sandeep



Yes, they would be the same :-)
Please note though, you do not get reward points for redeeming reward points, so you don't get the bonus of 10 or 20 points when you redeem points.



Thanks bunnel for the clarification...
Retired Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2016
Status:Long way to go!
Posts: 1141
Own Kudos [?]: 6316 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Location: Viet Nam
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
mbaaspirant80 wrote:
bb wrote:
mbaaspirant80 wrote:
Hi Bunnel,

Thanks for this tempting reward point system.
Please clarify whether benefits would be same whether I purchase premium membership in $49 or 100 points?

Thanks
Sandeep



Yes, they would be the same :-)
Please note though, you do not get reward points for redeeming reward points, so you don't get the bonus of 10 or 20 points when you redeem points.



Thanks bunnel for the clarification...


In fact, his name isn't bunnel :lol: his name is bb, and quant expert's name is bunuel :lol:

Originally posted by broall on 04 May 2017, 01:23.
Last edited by broall on 04 May 2017, 02:33, edited 1 time in total.
Math Expert
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Posts: 94517
Own Kudos [?]: 643135 [0]
Given Kudos: 86719
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
nguyendinhtuong wrote:
mbaaspirant80 wrote:
bb wrote:


Yes, they would be the same :-)
Please note though, you do not get reward points for redeeming reward points, so you don't get the bonus of 10 or 20 points when you redeem points.



Thanks bunnel for the clarification...


In fact, his name isn't bunnel :lol: his name is bb, and quant expert's name is brunuel :lol:


Even this is not correct: my name is Bunuel. ;)
Retired Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2016
Status:Long way to go!
Posts: 1141
Own Kudos [?]: 6316 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Location: Viet Nam
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Bunuel wrote:
nguyendinhtuong wrote:
mbaaspirant80 wrote:


Thanks bunnel for the clarification...


In fact, his name isn't bunnel :lol: his name is bb, and quant expert's name is brunuel :lol:


Even this is not correct: my name is Bunuel. ;)


OMG :lol: I've corrected it :lol:
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  30