It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 02:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
2 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
User avatar
G
Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Posts: 2604

Kudos [?]: 394 [2], given: 182

Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2017, 15:15
2
This post received
KUDOS
brunuel - from bro +bunuel ;)

Kudos [?]: 394 [2], given: 182

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 20 Sep 2016
Posts: 122

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 205

GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.99
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2017, 03:13
My points seem not to be increasing any more when I do usual activities on the forum WH is this so?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 205

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15572

Kudos [?]: 28479 [0], given: 5106

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2017, 20:05
kivalo wrote:
My points seem not to be increasing any more when I do usual activities on the forum WH is this so?


This is due to the Kudos requirement introduced a week or so ago - you need 50 Kudos to reach Gold Level (200+ points) and if you are lacking 50 Kudos, your point earning stops until that requirement is met, so your observation is correct.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28479 [0], given: 5106

VP
VP
User avatar
D
Status: Long way to go!
Joined: 10 Oct 2016
Posts: 1179

Kudos [?]: 881 [0], given: 53

Location: Viet Nam
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2017, 04:18
I have one question. What is the different benefits received between purchasing Gmatclub Premium Membership and redeeming it by point? I mean in case that I redeem it by point, could I still receive discount coupon for GMATPrep Collection and still receive the same benefits as I purchase Gmatclub Premium Membership?
_________________

Actual LSAT CR bank by Broall

How to solve quadratic equations - Factor quadratic equations
Factor table with sign: The useful tool to solve polynomial inequalities
Applying AM-GM inequality into finding extreme/absolute value

New Error Log with Timer

Kudos [?]: 881 [0], given: 53

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15572

Kudos [?]: 28479 [0], given: 5106

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2017, 18:24
nguyendinhtuong wrote:
I have one question. What is the different benefits received between purchasing Gmatclub Premium Membership and redeeming it by point? I mean in case that I redeem it by point, could I still receive discount coupon for GMATPrep Collection and still receive the same benefits as I purchase Gmatclub Premium Membership?



Thank you for the question. It is the same product that you can buy using 2 different currencies. There is no difference in the product. Think of it as a pound of cheddar cheese - you can buy it with US dollars or with Euros. The cheese stays the same regardless of which currency you use.

P.S. The only difference there is between buying it with money vs. points is that you will NOT get bonus points/reward points for redeeming your reward. That is accurate for all other rewards - there are not additional point accrual for redeeming rewards. Kind of like you don't earn miles on airlines when you redeem your tickets for a flight.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28479 [0], given: 5106

VP
VP
User avatar
D
Status: Long way to go!
Joined: 10 Oct 2016
Posts: 1179

Kudos [?]: 881 [0], given: 53

Location: Viet Nam
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2017, 19:12
bb wrote:
nguyendinhtuong wrote:
I have one question. What is the different benefits received between purchasing Gmatclub Premium Membership and redeeming it by point? I mean in case that I redeem it by point, could I still receive discount coupon for GMATPrep Collection and still receive the same benefits as I purchase Gmatclub Premium Membership?



Thank you for the question. It is the same product that you can buy using 2 different currencies. There is no difference in the product. Think of it as a pound of cheddar cheese - you can buy it with US dollars or with Euros. The cheese stays the same regardless of which currency you use.

P.S. The only difference there is between buying it with money vs. points is that you will NOT get bonus points/reward points for redeeming your reward. That is accurate for all other rewards - there are not additional point accrual for redeeming rewards. Kind of like you don't earn miles on airlines when you redeem your tickets for a flight.


No, this comparision is not true: purchasing premium by real money but redeeming by point costs no money. I think that this reward offers many benefits to members but gmatclub. For example, members need to pay $49 for premium, but now they dont have to pay anything, and gmatclub still has to give them many benefits. Kind of unfair here :?:
_________________

Actual LSAT CR bank by Broall

How to solve quadratic equations - Factor quadratic equations
Factor table with sign: The useful tool to solve polynomial inequalities
Applying AM-GM inequality into finding extreme/absolute value

New Error Log with Timer

Kudos [?]: 881 [0], given: 53

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15572

Kudos [?]: 28479 [0], given: 5106

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2017, 19:41
Yes. There is a cost and we take a hit for providing this benefit. However we assume that only so many people will redeem for it and thus mitigate our exposure. We may change the value based on how it performs. The same applies to other prizes offered by prep companies. They take a hit but the hope is that it is a good marketing strategy and will be worth more in terms of additional sales vs losses from redemptions.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28479 [0], given: 5106

VP
VP
User avatar
D
Status: Long way to go!
Joined: 10 Oct 2016
Posts: 1179

Kudos [?]: 881 [0], given: 53

Location: Viet Nam
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2017, 19:59
bb wrote:
Yes. There is a cost and we take a hit for providing this benefit. However we assume that only so many people will redeem for it and thus mitigate our exposure. We may change the value based on how it performs. The same applies to other prizes offered by prep companies. They take a hit but the hope is that it is a good marketing strategy and will be worth more in terms of additional sales vs losses from redemptions.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


I agree with you :-D This reward system is a good marketing strategy, and the point currency will inflat soon. Hence, with some adjustments in the future could reduce the side effect of this point inflation.

Any strategy takes initial costs, with the hope that it will go as expected :-D
_________________

Actual LSAT CR bank by Broall

How to solve quadratic equations - Factor quadratic equations
Factor table with sign: The useful tool to solve polynomial inequalities
Applying AM-GM inequality into finding extreme/absolute value

New Error Log with Timer

Kudos [?]: 881 [0], given: 53

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Status: The best is yet to come.....
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Posts: 436

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 182

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2017, 21:16
Can I redeem rewards points for kudos?
_________________

Hasan Mahmud

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 182

VP
VP
User avatar
D
Status: Long way to go!
Joined: 10 Oct 2016
Posts: 1179

Kudos [?]: 881 [0], given: 53

Location: Viet Nam
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2017, 21:34
Mahmud6 wrote:
Can I redeem rewards points for kudos?


According to new policy, I see that members can't redeem points for kudos. Members need to earn them.
_________________

Actual LSAT CR bank by Broall

How to solve quadratic equations - Factor quadratic equations
Factor table with sign: The useful tool to solve polynomial inequalities
Applying AM-GM inequality into finding extreme/absolute value

New Error Log with Timer

Kudos [?]: 881 [0], given: 53

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15572

Kudos [?]: 28479 [0], given: 5106

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2017, 21:36
nguyendinhtuong wrote:
Mahmud6 wrote:
Can I redeem rewards points for kudos?


According to new policy, I see that members can't redeem points for kudos. Members need to earn them.


Correct. You need to earn Kudos by posting quality posts or helping or participating in some of the Verbal/Quant discussions that provide for Kudos if you cannot post something worthwhile. However, you do not need to worry about Kudos until 100 point level. So you have time to get some traction if you are just starting out.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28479 [0], given: 5106

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Dec 2016
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 29

Location: India
GMAT 1: 510 Q35 V26
GPA: 2.96
WE: Sales (Internet and New Media)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 06:50
Why am I stuck on 99 points ? I am joining Gmat club(once in 3 days), made a post and also using Gmat Club timer. Still the points hasnt moved on from 99.
Is it that only if I get 24 more kudos and earn the next badge that i qualify for 100 points ?
Please clarify

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 29

CEO
CEO
User avatar
G
Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Posts: 2604

Kudos [?]: 394 [0], given: 182

Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 06:54
Nishantg779 wrote:
Why am I stuck on 99 points ? I am joining Gmat club(once in 3 days), made a post and also using Gmat Club timer. Still the points hasnt moved on from 99.
Is it that only if I get 24 more kudos and earn the next badge that i qualify for 100 points ?
Please clarify


yes, you are correct

Kudos [?]: 394 [0], given: 182

Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 13 Oct 2016
Posts: 214

Kudos [?]: 115 [0], given: 134

Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2017, 20:31
Hi bb ,

I had recently wrote my first GMAT Debrief - 18th May and have not received any points/kudos as mentioned in the rewards section.

Could you help me out with respect to this.

Regards,
Kritesh Singh
_________________

_______________________________________________
If you appreciate the post then please click +1Kudos :)

Kudos [?]: 115 [0], given: 134

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15572

Kudos [?]: 28479 [0], given: 5106

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2017, 21:26
Kritesh wrote:
Hi bb ,

I had recently wrote my first GMAT Debrief - 18th May and have not received any points/kudos as mentioned in the rewards section.

Could you help me out with respect to this.

Regards,
Kritesh Singh


Thank you for your debrief! It takes 5 Kudos to get the badge and points. Please be patient. Maybe put it in your signature.
Once you have 5 Kudos, you will get the points and badge.

Best Regards
BB
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28479 [0], given: 5106

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 26 Aug 2016
Posts: 466

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 49

Location: India
Schools: Duke '20, Tepper '20
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2017, 21:50
Hi bb,
my points got struck at 199 from past few days inspite of participating through timers and posts.Can you please help me resolve this issue.

Target gmat against the odds.

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 49

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15572

Kudos [?]: 28479 [0], given: 5106

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2017, 22:37
mvictor wrote:
Nishantg779 wrote:
Why am I stuck on 99 points ? I am joining Gmat club(once in 3 days), made a post and also using Gmat Club timer. Still the points hasnt moved on from 99.
Is it that only if I get 24 more kudos and earn the next badge that i qualify for 100 points ?
Please clarify


yes, you are correct


Nightmare007, here is your answer.

BB

Posted from my mobile device
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28479 [0], given: 5106

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15572

Kudos [?]: 28479 [1], given: 5106

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2017, 19:48
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post

New Feature for Rewards:



We have added a lot more ptransparency into the rewards system - now you can see who has what spot in the ranking, you can see what prizes are being redeemed, and you can even see who is earning what badges. All of that is available here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/rewards-dash ... topmembers

P.S. If the page does not look like the screenshot, please do SHIFT+F5 to refresh your browser's cache. Thank you!


Attachment:
rewards-top-ranking2.jpg
rewards-top-ranking2.jpg [ 474.76 KiB | Viewed 494 times ]


P.S. As you can see, i rank humbly at 19th overall spot and 10th spot among moderators and experts....
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28479 [1], given: 5106

Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 13 Oct 2016
Posts: 214

Kudos [?]: 115 [0], given: 134

Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2017, 12:20
bb wrote:
Kritesh wrote:
Hi bb ,

I had recently wrote my first GMAT Debrief - 18th May and have not received any points/kudos as mentioned in the rewards section.

Could you help me out with respect to this.

Regards,
Kritesh Singh


Thank you for your debrief! It takes 5 Kudos to get the badge and points. Please be patient. Maybe put it in your signature.
Once you have 5 Kudos, you will get the points and badge.

Best Regards
BB


Hi bb ,

I have still not received any badges and points for the GMAT Debrief which i discussed with you few days ago. I had put in my signature few days ago as well as have more than 5 Kudos .

Could you please check and confirm about this.

Warm Regards,
Kritesh Singh
_________________

_______________________________________________
If you appreciate the post then please click +1Kudos :)

Kudos [?]: 115 [0], given: 134

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15572

Kudos [?]: 28479 [0], given: 5106

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2017, 12:36
Kritesh wrote:
bb wrote:
Kritesh wrote:
Hi bb ,

I had recently wrote my first GMAT Debrief - 18th May and have not received any points/kudos as mentioned in the rewards section.

Could you help me out with respect to this.

Regards,
Kritesh Singh


Thank you for your debrief! It takes 5 Kudos to get the badge and points. Please be patient. Maybe put it in your signature.
Once you have 5 Kudos, you will get the points and badge.

Best Regards
BB



Hi bb ,

I have still not received any badges and points for the GMAT Debrief which i discussed with you few days ago. I had put in my signature few days ago as well as have more than 5 Kudos .

Could you please check and confirm about this.

Warm Regards,
Kritesh Singh



Your debrief has not received 5 Kudos. Therefore, you have not received the badge....
When I said put it in your signature, i implied putting a link to your debrief in your signature, not a line asking for Kudos.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28479 [0], given: 5106

Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta)   [#permalink] 22 May 2017, 12:36

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 229 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.