Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 06:18 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 06:18
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 174 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.75
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 174 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 3: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: NUS Singapore Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]
ankitchicker wrote:
rahulprasad11 wrote:
Today (10-Jan-2017), I got an interview call on the 13th of January. I was waitlisted without interview on the 5th of December, 2016.
Best wishes to those who are still waiting for an interview call, you still have a chance.

Congrats! Is this a Skype interview?

Thank you. Yes, a Skype interview. "Preliminary Selection Interview" is how the email describes it. So, I guess first out of two if I perform well on the 13th.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10092 [0]
Given Kudos: 4547
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: NUS Singapore Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply

How to Get Off the MBA Waitlist - YouTube Live by GMAT Club and Personal MBA Coach.

Dear Waitlisted Applicants,
You put a lot of time and effort into your MBA applications and, after months of hard work, you’re…waiting. It’s ok to scream into a pillow or go to town on a punching bag. It’s frustrating! But after you do, sign up for this youtube live session hosted by Scott Edinburgh, Founder of Personal MBA Coach. He'll talk about the process, the stats, do's and don'ts, and what has worked for his clients in the past. He'll wrap everything up with a live Q&A session. You don't want to miss this!

About Scott Edinburgh

A Wharton MBA graduate with a BS from MIT, Scott has been an MBA admissions consultant for eight years and has helped hundreds of applicants around the world get into top MBA programs. Besides perfecting the MBA admissions process and making dreams come true for applicants from Tokyo to San Francisco and everywhere in between, he has also worked across consulting, financial services and strategy & corporate development roles before becoming a Full-Time admissions consultant. He ran Global Strategy / Corporate Development as a Director of a 700 person leading independent publishing company. He also worked for InterContinental Hotels Group in Global Strategy, as well as JP Morgan and Deloitte Consulting in Mergers & Acquisitions. His experience in many of the jobs applicants have today or hope to obtain post-MBA helps him advise them on the best ways to not only get into their top choice schools, but position themselves for their dream jobs.

As an individual MBA admissions consultant, he takes the time to get to know every client personally as they go through the journey together. This starts with a deep analysis into applicant's background, an identification of his/her objectives and a thorough development of personal story. His no BS approach ensures that nothing falls through the cracks and his feedback is honest, non-sugar coated and immediate. He push his clients very hard and the work pays off. 96% of his clients got into one of their top two or three schools. He works with applicants applying to full-time MBA programs as well as Executive and part-time MBA programs.

Date and Time:

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time (4 PM GMT; 9:30 PM India; 12 AM Singapore)

Joining Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-wDgaTpMU

Add this event to your Google calendar

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Anybody who has completed round 2 interviews?
If yes, Please share your experience..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ss20tali wrote:
Anybody who has completed round 2 interviews?
If yes, Please share your experience..

Hi,
Had my 2nd interview on the 26th(Jan) via Skype.

There were two people in the panel, one professor and an alum from the 2004 batch.
A very friendly interview that lasted 22 mins.
The questions were:
1. Tell us something about yourself.
2. Why NUS? Why now?
3. How would you differentiate yourself from other Indian IT applicants?
4. Discussion on my start-up and the entrepreneurial ecosystem. Its current status and my role/learnings.
5. One start-up that I look up to for inspiration.
6. Discussion on my current role as a stay-at-home dad. Am I doing something currently that would help me to transition into my post-MBA career aspirations?
7. Volunteering experience discussion.
8. One dream company and why?
9. Which other programs have I applied to and why?
10. If there was one thing on my CV that I could change - what it would be and why?

Any questions for us.

Best of luck.
Hope this helps!!

BR,
Rahul
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q38 V50
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hello folks! Is there anyone out there who has got waitlisted after 2 interviews?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.99
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hello PoppingBy

I got waitlisted after both rounds of interviews (surprisingly went exceedingly well)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: NUS '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Got waitlisted after 2 interviews as well... :roll:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: NUS '19 (WA)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Got Waitlisted after two rounds of interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: NUS '19 (WL)
Send PM
Hi I got a Waitlist too.

Any idea on the conversion rate? How many waitlist actually make it through NUS. Any information on these lines will be very helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Had been waitlisted after 2 rounds of interviews in Feb end/mid march. Got my admit today! Looking forward to being a part of the cohort.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Editorial and Writing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
NailedtheGMAT wrote:
Had been waitlisted after 2 rounds of interviews in Feb end/mid march. Got my admit today! Looking forward to being a part of the cohort.

Congratulations!!
Did you do anything to get off the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Siddharth.Juneja

Thanks, mate!

Actually I had another admit here in UK that I had to decide on but given I wasn't keen on staying in London anymore (given the looming uncertainty with Brexit); I requested the university for a decision to allow me to make my pick.

Wishing you the very best! Hope it comes through soon for you as well. I know how painful the waiting game is.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
NailedtheGMAT wrote:
Siddharth.Juneja

Thanks, mate!

Actually I had another admit here in UK that I had to decide on but given I wasn't keen on staying in London anymore (given the looming uncertainty with Brexit); I requested the university for a decision to allow me to make my pick.

Wishing you the very best! Hope it comes through soon for you as well. I know how painful the waiting game is.

Yes, the anticipation is killing me. Thanks for your wishes! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Siddharth.Juneja wrote:
NailedtheGMAT wrote:
Siddharth.Juneja

Thanks, mate!

siddharth....how soon after your prelim interview was your second interview and what did she say after the interviews about the waiting time for the results?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
nlr3169 wrote:
Siddharth.Juneja wrote:
NailedtheGMAT wrote:
Siddharth.Juneja

Thanks, mate!

siddharth....how soon after your prelim interview was your second interview and what did she say after the interviews about the waiting time for the results?

since it is more than 16 days after the prelim interview i get much worried as my prelims went exceedindly well. Are dings also sent out this late or will it be intimated soon after the first interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
siddharth....how soon after your prelim interview was your second interview and what did she say after the interviews about the waiting time for the results?[/quote]

since it is more than 16 days after the prelim interview i get much worried as my prelims went exceedindly well. Are dings also sent out this late or will it be intimated soon after the first interview?[/quote]

Hey!

My preliminary interview was on 23rd Feb and they informed me about the final interview on 31st March. So, 16 days isn't a lot of time since they are swamped with applications. They told me that they will get back to me with the results of the final interview in 2 weeks but it has now been more than 3 weeks. I am not too hopeful now.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 59
Send PM
NailedtheGMAT wrote:
Siddharth.Juneja

Thanks, mate!

Hey! I'm in the same boat as you were last year! Could you please help elaborate what you meant by "requested the university for a decision to allow me to take my pick"? Do you mean you mailed NUS informing them that you had other deadlines and that an early decision would be helpful?

Thanks!!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6952 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts