Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:59 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Rejected for FT MBA. Received offer for the evening MBA.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Is an evening MBA a fancy name for a part time MBA ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
they offer me evening MBA, I guess, it's a part-time MBA ://
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys, anyone considering the Part time MBA offer, which they have distributed like sale items?

Also, just wanted to say it out loud that looking at the adcom and class composition of FT, I suspect a female applicant has at least 15-20% extra probability of getting selected in comparison with a male candidate with similar credentials.
I think its really unfair bias towards men but sadly it is a modern-day accepted form of feminism.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Operations, Technology
Send PM
Spicyy wrote:
Guys, anyone considering the Part time MBA offer, which they have distributed like sale items?

Also, just wanted to say it out loud that looking at the adcom and class composition of FT, I suspect a female applicant has at least 15-20% extra probability of getting selected in comparison with a male candidate with similar credentials.
I think its really unfair bias towards men but sadly it is a modern-day accepted form of feminism.

Bro, stop worrying about unwanted things like feminism and all that, and focus more on how to better your profile.

Regarding the part time MBA offer, I would suggest against taking it up. It is an evening MBA and is suitable if you have a job during the daytime. Else, it just doesn't work out.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Technology
Send PM
sidceg wrote:
Rejected for Full Time MBA. However, received Evening MBA with resident tuition and $7500 scholarship with concurrent degree option in MS Business Analytics. Not sure how to look at it :/

Sidceg, you have got a good offer. I would strongly suggest you take it up. With a concurrent degree in MS BA, you are eligible for STEM OPT. Think about it.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
MSBA is not as strong at Carey as its full time MBA is. You might want to have a look at its curriculum and compare it with the best MSBA offering schools. Also, the equation is quite evident from the acceptance rate of MSBA. It's beyond 50%. So, roughly 2/3 gets IN! Evaluate, talk to current students, see if that is what you always wanted to do, and make a decision. I'd suggest that you don't run behind the STEM OPT sidceg
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
keats wrote:
MSBA is not as strong at Carey as its full time MBA is. You might want to have a look at its curriculum and compare it with the best MSBA offering schools. Also, the equation is quite evident from the acceptance rate of MSBA. It's beyond 50%. So, roughly 2/3 gets IN! Evaluate, talk to current students, see if that is what you always wanted to do, and make a decision. I'd suggest that you don't run behind the STEM OPT sidceg

Hi Keats!

Sorry for noticing this late. Thank you for the inputs. I did my homework and I choose not to accept the offer.

All the best!

Sent from my SM-G570F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Sure sidceg Out of curiosity, where are you headed?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Has anybody accepted the MSIM offer from WP Carey?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Great :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I spoke to students and the AdCom, I could understand that Eve MBA(EM) is roughly as an FT MBA, the few differences being few courses will be less in EM, but you can also enroll for the missing classes in FT. It's a 2-year program, the same amount of class duration/week as FT. Plus you can opt for a concurrent MS degree if needed. I strongly recommend if anybody who is interested to talk to Adcom members . Because even I made many assumptions that were completely wrong about the program.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
aarthigoyal wrote:
I spoke to students and the AdCom, I could understand that Eve MBA(EM) is roughly as an FT MBA, the few differences being few courses will be less in EM, but you can also enroll for the missing classes in FT. It's a 2-year program, the same amount of class duration/week as FT. Plus you can opt for a concurrent MS degree if needed. I strongly recommend if anybody who is interested to talk to Adcom members . Because even I made many assumptions that were completely wrong about the program.

Have you accepted the evening mba offer? I am also in discussions with the adcom and weighing pros n cons. I even discussed with a current international indian student adarsh... he was quite positive abt the course and told he is quite engaged in first yr and considering MSBA in second yr he should be more loaded with work.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes... I am accepting it mostly. The college is quite reputed in SCM and my domain is that. Also I can opt for classes of FT, little effort and if gets a good result then why not. It's just that our fees are not gonna be waived off the way FT guys fees are waived off. Let me know your thoughts. You can ping me separately too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts