Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 00:58 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Waitlisted
14 Dec, 2017
Waitlisted
14 Dec, 2017
Denied
14 Dec, 2017
15 Dec 2017, 11:53
norcaltrojan GMAT: 710, Q46, V42; GPA: 3.45; WE: 40 months; United States, CA; via Email [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]
nishantverma91 wrote:
Hi, I am an Indian candidate looking to apply to California schools in R2. I have admits from UNC-Kenan Flagler and ISB, but since I want to move to tech industry California would be the best place for me I believe.

Any inputs on Haas acceptance rates for Indians in R2? Is it worth the effort. Also, what is the situation like with scholarships in R2?

Thanks!

In a similar dilemma. Any advice is appreciated.

Also, is giving TOEFL mandatory for Haas, even when the English was the language of instruction in my under-grad ? Is it the only school among (Top-15) that has this requirement ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 101
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
agbsharma wrote:
nishantverma91 wrote:
Hi, I am an Indian candidate looking to apply to California schools in R2. I have admits from UNC-Kenan Flagler and ISB, but since I want to move to tech industry California would be the best place for me I believe.

Any inputs on Haas acceptance rates for Indians in R2? Is it worth the effort. Also, what is the situation like with scholarships in R2?

Thanks!

Also, is giving TOEFL mandatory for Haas, even when the English was the language of instruction in my under-grad ? Is it the only school among (Top-15) that has this requirement ?

If you feel you have a competitive profile for Top 10 US schools, you should go ahead and apply to Haas. Don’t worry about it being R2.

Yes, TOEFL is mandatory irrespective of “undergrad language of instruction”. It’s a policy across University of California b-schools.
Admitted
12 Dec, 2017
17 Dec 2017, 02:59
jonstarkmishra GMAT: 760, Q51, V42; GPA: 3.2; WE: 42 months; India; via Phone [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
jonstarkmishra wrote:
Admitted on: 2017/12/12
GMAT: 760, Q51, V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: 42 months
Heard back via: Phone

Hi, congrats for the admit !

I have a similar GMAT and profile as yours and planning to apply to Haas in R2. Can we connect once.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
I have my interview on 21st December (applied in R1) and was told that I will receive my decision on January 3rd. Not sure what impact this late interview has on my chances....anyone else in the same boat as me?
Admitted
14 Dec, 2017
18 Dec 2017, 03:43
nichaniche GMAT: 700, Q49, V35; GPA: 3.89; WE: 26 months; Thailand; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: CBS '20
Send PM
Hello folks! has any of you received scholarship info in the admission letter?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
Frank1990RM wrote:

All admitted students have to separately apply for scholarships :) should be in the admit-only website.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10019 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
fullns wrote:
Frank1990RM wrote:

All admitted students have to separately apply for scholarships :) should be in the admit-only website.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Admits, Join the admit thread to discuss next plans, scholarships, etc.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 55670.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
agbsharma wrote:
nishantverma91 wrote:

Thanks!

Haas is a super-competitive school, even more than MIT, Wharton, Booth, etc. so its definitely more difficult to crack Haas compared to other similar schools. Also, its essays are interesting but take time. Ultimately it comes down to how well you know Haas.

And yes, TOEFL is an aboslute must for Haas. No waiver.
Denied
14 Dec, 2017
19 Dec 2017, 11:27
Private, GMAT: 710, Q48, V40; GPA: 3.7; WE: 37 months; United States, IL; via Email [#permalink]
Denied
14 Dec, 2017
20 Dec 2017, 07:03
adragon GMAT: 750, Q50, V42; GPA: 3.6; United States; via Email [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
johndoe2016 wrote:
agbsharma wrote:
nishantverma91 wrote:

Thanks!

Haas is a super-competitive school, even more than MIT, Wharton, Booth, etc. so its definitely more difficult to crack Haas compared to other similar schools. Also, its essays are interesting but take time. Ultimately it comes down to how well you know Haas.

I also think even IELTS can be taken instead of TOEFL. The issue is I am unable to get a test slot for either of the tests in the coming days. Even if I do get one, there are high chances that the TOEFL score will not be evaluated before the application deadline.

Does the school permit the applicant to write, or submit scores (even unofficial), few days after the application deadline ?

Thanks.
Denied
13 Dec, 2017
21 Dec 2017, 13:14
Private, GMAT: 710, Q46, V41; GPA: 2.75; WE: 50 months; United States; via Email [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
agbsharma wrote:
johndoe2016 wrote:
agbsharma wrote:

I also think even IELTS can be taken instead of TOEFL. The issue is I am unable to get a test slot for either of the tests in the coming days. Even if I do get one, there are high chances that the TOEFL score will not be evaluated before the application deadline.

Does the school permit the applicant to write, or submit scores (even unofficial), few days after the application deadline ?

Thanks.

The short answer is "no". This is not a Haas thing but a Univ of California thing and there is no way for Haas to waive this requirement.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10019 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
johndoe2016 wrote:
nishantverma91 wrote:

Thanks!

Not to discourage you from applying but as johndoe2016 said, Haas is very competitive, especially for Indians. Our analysis of acceptance rates of GMATClub users at various top schools shows that only 1% of Indian applicants got in to Haas in last 5 years. See this post.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mba-admissio ... 39142.html
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  27   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts