It is currently 17 Jan 2018, 19:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2017, 23:43
nishantverma91 wrote:
Hi, I am an Indian candidate looking to apply to California schools in R2. I have admits from UNC-Kenan Flagler and ISB, but since I want to move to tech industry California would be the best place for me I believe.

Any inputs on Haas acceptance rates for Indians in R2? Is it worth the effort. Also, what is the situation like with scholarships in R2?

Thanks!

In a similar dilemma. Any advice is appreciated.

Also, is giving TOEFL mandatory for Haas, even when the English was the language of instruction in my under-grad ? Is it the only school among (Top-15) that has this requirement ?

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 70

GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 06:32
agbsharma wrote:
nishantverma91 wrote:
Hi, I am an Indian candidate looking to apply to California schools in R2. I have admits from UNC-Kenan Flagler and ISB, but since I want to move to tech industry California would be the best place for me I believe.

Any inputs on Haas acceptance rates for Indians in R2? Is it worth the effort. Also, what is the situation like with scholarships in R2?

Thanks!

Also, is giving TOEFL mandatory for Haas, even when the English was the language of instruction in my under-grad ? Is it the only school among (Top-15) that has this requirement ?

If you feel you have a competitive profile for Top 10 US schools, you should go ahead and apply to Haas. Don’t worry about it being R2.

Yes, TOEFL is mandatory irrespective of “undergrad language of instruction”. It’s a policy across University of California b-schools.

GMAT Debrief - 770
bb's "The Definitive GMAT Study Plan" - 2016 Edition
Must read forum topics before you start your MBA application

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 70

Admitted
12 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 760, Q51, V42; GPA: 3.2; WE: 42 months; India; via Phone
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 23:20
jonstarkmishra wrote:
Admitted on: 2017/12/12
GMAT: 760, Q51, V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: 42 months
Heard back via: Phone

Hi, congrats for the admit !

I have a similar GMAT and profile as yours and planning to apply to Haas in R2. Can we connect once.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.55

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 23:22
I have my interview on 21st December (applied in R1) and was told that I will receive my decision on January 3rd. Not sure what impact this late interview has on my chances....anyone else in the same boat as me?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Admitted
14 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 700, Q49, V35; GPA: 3.89; WE: 26 months; Thailand; via Email
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Schools: CBS '20

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 06:07
Hello folks! has any of you received scholarship info in the admission letter?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 7

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 06:09
This post received
KUDOS
Frank1990RM wrote:

All admitted students have to separately apply for scholarships :) should be in the admit-only website.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 7

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3953 [0], given: 2513

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 06:15
fullns wrote:
Frank1990RM wrote:

All admitted students have to separately apply for scholarships :) should be in the admit-only website.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Admits, Join the admit thread to discuss next plans, scholarships, etc.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 55670.html

Interested in applying to Tuck next year (or in our April Round)? Ask all of your questions about Tuck in live chat with Tuck adcom this Thursday

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 09:22
agbsharma wrote:
nishantverma91 wrote:

Thanks!

Haas is a super-competitive school, even more than MIT, Wharton, Booth, etc. so its definitely more difficult to crack Haas compared to other similar schools. Also, its essays are interesting but take time. Ultimately it comes down to how well you know Haas.

And yes, TOEFL is an aboslute must for Haas. No waiver.

Denied
14 Dec, 2017
meridian91 GMAT: 710, Q48, V40; GPA: 3.7; WE: 37 months; United States, IL; via Email
Denied
14 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 750, Q50, V42; GPA: 3.6; United States; via Email
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 04:53
johndoe2016 wrote:
agbsharma wrote:
nishantverma91 wrote:

Thanks!

Haas is a super-competitive school, even more than MIT, Wharton, Booth, etc. so its definitely more difficult to crack Haas compared to other similar schools. Also, its essays are interesting but take time. Ultimately it comes down to how well you know Haas.

I also think even IELTS can be taken instead of TOEFL. The issue is I am unable to get a test slot for either of the tests in the coming days. Even if I do get one, there are high chances that the TOEFL score will not be evaluated before the application deadline.

Does the school permit the applicant to write, or submit scores (even unofficial), few days after the application deadline ?

Thanks.

Denied
13 Dec, 2017
carterbuzz GMAT: 710, Q46, V41; GPA: 2.75; WE: 50 months; United States; via Email
Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 14:20
agbsharma wrote:
johndoe2016 wrote:
agbsharma wrote:

I also think even IELTS can be taken instead of TOEFL. The issue is I am unable to get a test slot for either of the tests in the coming days. Even if I do get one, there are high chances that the TOEFL score will not be evaluated before the application deadline.

Does the school permit the applicant to write, or submit scores (even unofficial), few days after the application deadline ?

Thanks.

The short answer is "no". This is not a Haas thing but a Univ of California thing and there is no way for Haas to waive this requirement.

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 20:53
johndoe2016 wrote:
nishantverma91 wrote:

Thanks!

Not to discourage you from applying but as johndoe2016 said, Haas is very competitive, especially for Indians. Our analysis of acceptance rates of GMATClub users at various top schools shows that only 1% of Indian applicants got in to Haas in last 5 years. See this post.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mba-admissio ... 39142.html

Interested in applying to Tuck next year (or in our April Round)? Ask all of your questions about Tuck in live chat with Tuck adcom this Thursday

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 31

GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V41
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2017, 23:22
Anyone have any idea if I'd need to take TOEFL/IELTS even if I'm an American citizen who's been educated at an indian University (medium of instruction english).

Also, my schooling (in india), was done under the British Cambridge system (A levels/GCSE).

I tried mailing the adcoms, but they're closed for the holidays.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 31

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 34

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2017, 11:12
calappa1234 wrote:
Anyone have any idea if I'd need to take TOEFL/IELTS even if I'm an American citizen who's been educated at an indian University (medium of instruction english).

Also, my schooling (in india), was done under the British Cambridge system (A levels/GCSE).

I tried mailing the adcoms, but they're closed for the holidays.

Most probably, yes. The country where you obtained your Bachelors seems to be the driving factor in case of Haas, not citizenship or work-ex.

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2017, 11:15
Hi All,

Any idea if we need to send the official TOEFL score to the Haas admissions office? From what I understood it would take more than a week or two, for TOEFL to send the official score to the selected schools and the Round 2 deadline is just round the corner.

Couldn't figure out if self-reporting is sufficient to be considered for review in this round.

Thanks a lot in anticipation!

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [2], given: 10

Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2017, 21:21
This post received
KUDOS
DreamyEyed wrote:
Hi All,

Any idea if we need to send the official TOEFL score to the Haas admissions office? From what I understood it would take more than a week or two, for TOEFL to send the official score to the selected schools and the Round 2 deadline is just round the corner.

Couldn't figure out if self-reporting is sufficient to be considered for review in this round.

Thanks a lot in anticipation!

https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/admission ... tml#Scores
All exams (GMAT, GRE, TOEFL) must be taken on or before the deadline for the round in which you apply. Please self-report your scores on the application, and request to have your official scores sent to us.

It's OK to use self-reported scores on application and mail the offical score after the deadline as long as you took the test before the deadline. :thumbup:

Kudos [?]: 9 [2], given: 10

Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020   [#permalink] 26 Dec 2017, 21:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19    Next  [ 364 posts ] 

Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap