Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 154
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all HHL Leipzig MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
gauravs2 wrote:
I received my admission confirmation today over email. The formal letter and scholarship decision is still unknown.

Posted from my mobile device

Hey gauravs2,

Did you receive your scholarship decision? I got 10% scholarship confirmation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all HHL Leipzig MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
ImAnkitKaushik wrote:
gauravs2 wrote:
I received my admission confirmation today over email. The formal letter and scholarship decision is still unknown.

Hey gauravs2,

Did you receive your scholarship decision? I got 10% scholarship confirmation.

Yes, I heard back with a 20% scholarship (EUR 6000) + 3000 (Early Bird).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 630 Q49 V26
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Can anyone of you folks help me with the structure of motivational letter? Should it answer generic MBA questions such as Post MBA goals, why MBA?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gauravs2 wrote:

Yes, I heard back with a 20% scholarship (EUR 6000) + 3000 (Early Bird).

Great! Are you going ahead with HHL ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ManishKM1 wrote:
Can anyone of you folks help me with the structure of motivational letter? Should it answer generic MBA questions such as Post MBA goals, why MBA?

Yes you can include that. It should mainly highlight why you want to go for a MBA.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 630 Q49 V26
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
ImAnkitKaushik wrote:
ManishKM1 wrote:

Yes you can include that. It should mainly highlight why you want to go for a MBA.

Thanks a lot ImAnkitKaushik :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Which scholarship is most apt for Indian candidates? Also what should be included in the questionnaire? Is the scholarship need based or merit based?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
gaurav89 wrote:
Which scholarship is most apt for Indian candidates? Also what should be included in the questionnaire? Is the scholarship need based or merit based?

We have to apply under "HHL Asia-Pacific Scholarship Program". Need based vs Merit based depends totally on your profile.
But I guess it will not matter that much. You have to just convince the Admission Committee that why you are an ideal candidate for scholarship.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Given Kudos: 232
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello All,

I am admitted to class of of 2020. No information on scholarship yet, which is pending with Ms.Raluca. If there is one https://gmatclub.com/chat group then please add me +919078675790

ImAnkitKaushik I have not received the exact time and date of the Hyderabad meet yet. Will let you know.

I am so confused whether to choose HHL.

What would you guys suggest NUS MSBA or HHL MBA????

Thanks. Please let me know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hey guys, i am a German 24 year old girl and I have applied for the HHL part time MIM. I will have the interview in the upcoming days and I’ll do the HHL entry test in March. Is there anyone that has applied for the MIM full time or part time already and might have an idea what they will ask me in the interview. I’ve read that the interview will be 30 minutes and they will do cases and some subject specific questions (depends on the prof)
Or do you think that the interview will be rather easy? I currently work at Berenberg a large private bank here in Germany and I did a lot of internships abroad and semesters so I hope I get an admit for the September intake :)

I just got the interviewers name. Ill be interviewed by Dr Vilks, chair of microeconomics
oh dear haha. Was anyone already interviewed by him?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
gmatger293 wrote:
Hey guys, i am a German 24 year old girl and I have applied for the HHL part time MIM. I will have the interview in the upcoming days and I’ll do the HHL entry test in March. Is there anyone that has applied for the MIM full time or part time already and might have an idea what they will ask me in the interview. I’ve read that the interview will be 30 minutes and they will do cases and some subject specific questions (depends on the prof)
Or do you think that the interview will be rather easy? I currently work at Berenberg a large private bank here in Germany and I did a lot of internships abroad and semesters so I hope I get an admit for the September intake :)

I just got the interviewers name. Ill be interviewed by Dr Vilks, chair of microeconomics
oh dear haha. Was anyone already interviewed by him?

gmatger293 I believe there should be a different forum for MIM students. If there is not, you can start one. It'll surely get you connected with one of the applicants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Post the submission of application,how long the procedure of evaluation takes? Also is there only an interview after submission of application or is there a case study or further essays as well? How long does the whole process take?
I am planning to submit my application by 15th March, when can I expect a response?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gaurav89 wrote:
Post the submission of application,how long the procedure of evaluation takes? Also is there only an interview after submission of application or is there a case study or further essays as well? How long does the whole process take?
I am planning to submit my application by 15th March, when can I expect a response?

It takes around 2 weeks to hear the confirmation. You can expect your interview to be scheduled in 10 days after the submission.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi Guys
I have submitted my application today. Fingers crossed.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I have an admit from HHL and WHU and I need to make a decision this week. I'd like to know if anyone out here was in the same position and what factors did they consider before making their eventual choice.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello members

Need your advice

AM an IT architect (39 yr old), started working in IT industry right after campus placement (~16 work exp.) . However , since last 9 years i have been working in US and doing product development ,handling duties ranging from leading global design to leading deployment teams of our software across industries and countries . To be be frank , i have been pretty satisfied with work thus far.
The urge for an MBA came when i started to further myself in product management space and realized that whatever i have learnt or I am learning is through informal knowledge ,own experience and inputs/feedback from peers and is not structured . Hence in short term goal is to learn management in formal/structured way so that i can be successful product manager . Long term goal is to launch our own products successfully (own venture) - though we have technical expertise/excellence at hand but from go to market strategy, sales, long term success perspective it seems an uphill task without intensive immersive MBA education

With above aim i gave GMAT recently and scored just 710(Q-49,V-37)

Is it worth for me to apply to HHL for FT MBA or should i give up on this ?
I cant undo my age actor - Will improving GMAT score above 710 be of any help for admit at HHL , considering am already 39 yr old now?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated

Regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
shovitv The average GMAT at HHL is much lower than 710. In fact, 700+ should put you in the higher end of the GMAT range of students at HHL. You should do fine. With a clear Motivation Letter and an interview, you should be able to get an admit at HHL easily.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts