It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 10:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all HHL Leipzig MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: AGSM '20 (S)
Re: Calling all HHL Leipzig MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 02:11
This post received
KUDOS
kuralaysn wrote:
shehzade11 wrote:
Hi guys.. I got an admit from HHL for sept 2018 intake.. Let me know if you have any doubts.. for those who already got an admit lets connect...

Congrats!!! :thumbup:
Could you please share your profile and experience? How was the interview, what did they ask?

thanks kuralaysn and AnubhavK

I have 700 gmat, 116 toefl, 4.5 yrs of experience - 2.5 in an IT company and 2 yrs as a Business strategist and Operations manager in a printing and packaging company.

My interview was mostly case discussion based. They gave me a scenario where I'm handling a strtaegy for a new startup and how would i proceed with that in india, plus the pros and cons of it. Nothing apart from that
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all HHL Leipzig MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2017, 20:19
shehzade11 wrote:
kuralaysn wrote:
shehzade11 wrote:
Hi guys.. I got an admit from HHL for sept 2018 intake.. Let me know if you have any doubts.. for those who already got an admit lets connect...

Could you please share your profile and experience? How was the interview, what did they ask?

I have 700 gmat, 116 toefl, 4.5 yrs of experience - 2.5 in an IT company and 2 yrs as a Business strategist and Operations manager in a printing and packaging company.

My interview was mostly case discussion based. They gave me a scenario where I'm handling a strtaegy for a new startup and how would i proceed with that in india, plus the pros and cons of it. Nothing apart from that

Wow, that is an impressive profile! Again congrats!
Could you please be more detailed about selection process? Did you have only one interview? Do they give you a study case ahead or on interview? when talking about strategy do they expect you to know book terms or you mostly refered to your work experience?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2017, 05:41
kuralaysn wrote:
shehzade11 wrote:
kuralaysn wrote:

Wow, that is an impressive profile! Again congrats!
Could you please be more detailed about selection process? Did you have only one interview? Do they give you a study case ahead or on interview? when talking about strategy do they expect you to know book terms or you mostly refered to your work experience?

Hey.. thanks again! there was only one interview.. case study was not given in advance.. it was more like they gave me a startup and asked my reviews on it plus how effective would it be in Indian scenario and what could make it profitable, its operations, processes and more of a general discussion. German colleges would not look for bookish knowledge, they'll always want to know the real time response to a particular situation. I gave interview for WHU and found the same.
Mannheim Thread Master
S
GMAT 1: 650 Q40 V39
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all HHL Leipzig MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2017, 07:01
shehzade11 - Thanks for sharing the details. I only have a couple of questions.

Since, you are already gone through the process recently, it puts you into a better position to share details about the application processes with German B-schools. We have a fair bit of understanding what they perhaps look for, but just seeking help/advice. Can you please share your thoughts on the following:
- How likely are the International candidates preferred who speak fluent German language, or have attained international certifications recognised by Germany's preferred language institute ie. Goethe, Euro Lingua?
- Is the candidature considered strong-er when you have an international experience compared to someone who never worked internationally (not outside their respective nation)?
- Preference should be given to obtaining LORs from German co-workers (at peer level as well as folks you functionally report to) or someone you work with directly on the similar ground, could be a CXO in the native country.
- Best source of arranging finance for your MBA program such as Prodigy Finance, etc.. What is the APR? Terms of repayment? Any thoughts

I can circle back with more questions, in the meantime I leave you with the food for thought.

Hope this will help candidates a lot while they undergo the application process.

Anubhav

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Threadmaster for B-school Discussions
Class of 2019: Mannheim Business School
Class 0f 2020: HHL Leipzig

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2017, 07:34
AnubhavK wrote:
shehzade11 - Thanks for sharing the details. I only have a couple of questions.

Since, you are already gone through the process recently, it puts you into a better position to share details about the application processes with German B-schools. We have a fair bit of understanding what they perhaps look for, but just seeking help/advice. Can you please share your thoughts on the following:
- How likely are the International candidates preferred who speak fluent German language, or have attained international certifications recognised by Germany's preferred language institute ie. Goethe, Euro Lingua?
- Is the candidature considered strong-er when you have an international experience compared to someone who never worked internationally (not outside their respective nation)?
- Preference should be given to obtaining LORs from German co-workers (at peer level as well as folks you functionally report to) or someone you work with directly on the similar ground, could be a CXO in the native country.
- Best source of arranging finance for your MBA program such as Prodigy Finance, etc.. What is the APR? Terms of repayment? Any thoughts

I can circle back with more questions, in the meantime I leave you with the food for thought.

Hope this will help candidates a lot while they undergo the application process.

Anubhav

Hey Anubhav...
1. The better u are in german, greater would be ur chances of securing a high package... certificatuons don't matter, but your ability to understand and pseak does.

2. International experience is an advantage.. but that if you have worked in a global platform even while staying in India... that also counts as said by mannheim admissions manager.

3. Lor should be from a person whom u have worked directly with... i case u give lor from a top notch guy... theyll know after seeing the position u held in the organisation that it is not worth... so lor should always be from a direct supervisor, manager or a senior colleague... this is was said to me unanimously by all adm managers...

4. Prodigy don't finance german mba colleges except mannheim and esmt... banks give loan... im still in process and is working on loan aspect... term of repayment is almost same for all banks.. read some of the plans like PNB udaan or SBI global edge...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2017, 21:27
shehzade11 I hope I am not bothering you with so many questions. Just wanted to ask some while I have chance.
Is there any tips you would give us? Certain things we should mention in essays or interview? I am applying to MiM but I believe that criterias in choosing right candidate is very similar.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 02:35
This post received
KUDOS
kuralaysn wrote:
shehzade11 I hope I am not bothering you with so many questions. Just wanted to ask some while I have chance.
Is there any tips you would give us? Certain things we should mention in essays or interview? I am applying to MiM but I believe that criterias in choosing right candidate is very similar.

Hey... u can ask as many questions as u have... I'll be happy if i can ease out the problems.. see from what i have felt and perceived, i believe that in ur essays and interview u should mention how ur work-ex, education and other activities have been able to bring out a trait in u that makes u relevant for the course and beyond. Just the details of these things would already be there in ur resume, but main focus should be on how they moulded ur personality to be whu u are today... plus introspect on what makes u different from others... how can u contribute to the class there... and be clear on ur short term and long term goals ...

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 21:50
shehzade11 wrote:
kuralaysn wrote:

Hey... u can ask as many questions as u have... I'll be happy if i can ease out the problems.. see from what i have felt and perceived, i believe that in ur essays and interview u should mention how ur work-ex, education and other activities have been able to bring out a trait in u that makes u relevant for the course and beyond. Just the details of these things would already be there in ur resume, but main focus should be on how they moulded ur personality to be whu u are today... plus introspect on what makes u different from others... how can u contribute to the class there... and be clear on ur short term and long term goals ...

Thanks! Yep, that's about how I thought it should be. For now I think that's all the questions that I have got. I might come later to ask a few more, haha. :grin: Thank you again!
Intern
Intern
Schools: HHL Leipzig (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2017, 14:06
Happy to see so many aspirants for HHL. Guys I am Aadil Akhter from Full time MBA intake 2017. I will provide some insights about HHL on a personal front. First about me, I am an entrepreneur with around 10 years of experience, I have my software development and digital marketing company in India and Berlin ( Germany ). Now coming to HHL, trust me it is one of the best options in Europe right now. What is really attractive is the fact that it is not only the quality of education which is very good but also the scholarship options make it really inexpensive as well. So far I am only one month into my course and 5 companies have come up with Job and internship opportunities including Amazon. Leipzig as a city is beautiful and cheap to live especially if you live in student dorm. For me the dorm costs only Euro 170, where else can you get such a cheap accommodation? The approach of teaching at HHL is awesome and the diversity of the class itself will help you gain new experience.
If you guys have any queries, do let me know, I will definitely help you in best way possible. Also the overall process of admission and Visa is not very difficult but you have to be convincing enough that they give you the admission. The earlier you apply the more chance you have.
I will look forward to meet most of you on Campus soon.
*Note: German will definitely give you edge in job market, so if you are serious to work in Germany learn German before coming here, at least A1 and A2.
Mannheim Thread Master
S
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all HHL Leipzig MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2017, 20:48
Hi @adileakhtar,

many thanks for sharing the information with us. Would you be able to share your thoughts on the interview discussions also, as in what are the things important for HHL to know, extra initiatives, and are there any case study rounds as well during the process? How long does the process take approx? and most importantly, your profile and GMAT score...

Anubhav

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 02:45
Thank you aadileakhter for joining this thread!

I feel more and more secure with my choice of school after such comments. I hope HHL will feel mutually and think that I am a good choice, haha. I have the same questions as AnubhavK.
And I have one additional question, too. Do you keep in touch with MiM students? I understand that every person is different and classes are diverse but how would you describe an average profile of a student there? Or could you give possible interval? I am feeling quite worried and want to see if I will fall anywehre in that line.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2017, 00:34
AnubhavK. I am an entrepreneur and have 10 years of experience, I have been running my company for the past 6 years. My GMAT score was 660. For the interview based on the interviewer, you might have different questions. The most important thing is your SOP. If your SOP is of clear thoughts then you have high chances of getting admission. You can be given a scenario in your interview which you might have to solve or provide a suggestion.
If you are selected you will be replied in a couple of weeks. Typically if the interviewer is OK with you he will tell you I like your profile etc and I will recommend you.
I hope I have answered all your queries. If you have more questions do let me know.

Best Regards
Aadil
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2017, 00:49
This post received
KUDOS
kuralaysn typically the background of Indians in my class is engineering ( as usual :) ), but overall my class has people from a different background including arts, commerce, business and different nationalities. Everyone is different from the other in one way or the other and that is what I feel is the biggest strength of HHL, you get to know a lot of different cultures and working styles. The courses are also designed to have maximum intercultural interactions and there you will face real-time challenges like creating a presentation and everyone is having different ideas and now you all have to work together to come to a common solution. It is fun as well.
We have few classes with MSc students as well and it is world renowned as well. A lot of companies come looking for only MSc students as well.
Also to give an idea of Indian guys with GMAT scores, it is average 670 for MBA, but if your experience is good you will be admitted. I am not sure of MSc requirement.
Mannheim Thread Master
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2017, 04:34
aadileakhter: Thanks for sharing the thoughts. It was great to learn more about you. Hopefully, you will hear from more applicants on this thread. Generally, the queries might appear to be repetitive for you - I request you to be patient and answer them as and when you have time. From the applicant's stand point, they may have their own perspective, experience/profile and looking for something very specific.

I had another check point for you, coming from your response to kuralaysn last post: At this point, do you have any idea about Ad com's preferences to shortlist candidates coming from commerce background, strictly aligned to financial services industry. I understand, Indian Engineers have a quiet competitive profiles and good scores, and may be have an outstanding experience working with known brands. They also try to have a best mix of diversity, and career backgrounds, etc. What is your take in this?

Wish you all the best!

Anubhav

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Mannheim Thread Master
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 09:02
Hi all,

Here's wishing everyone German Unity/Reunification Day. A very important day in the history of Germany is celebrated today on October 3rd known as Tag der Deutschen Einheit.

All the best to all German B-schools aspirants.

Anubhav

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 20:12
Thanks AnubhavK!
All the best to you too. Hope to see everyone on this thread in March 2018!
Sorry for not answering your previous question. I didn't have time and I am not sure what you meant.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.2
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2017, 02:37
shehzade11 wrote:
kuralaysn wrote:
shehzade11 wrote:

Hi,

Congratulations on your admit. How long did it take from your application to the final offer letter? Did you get any scholarship?
Also do post your result of WHU admission process.

Thanks,
Arnab
Mannheim Thread Master
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2017, 07:22
roy26: There are a lot of candidates who actively share their experiences on their respective B-schools thread. Request you to check for the target info on the following URL:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... fl=similar

Hope this helps.

Anubhav

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.2
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 02:48
I understand Anubhav. I raised the topic of WHU because he had mentioned the same in one of the posts in this thread.
I am quite aware of the happenings in GC so thank you for pointing it out again.

Anyway, I am waiting for him to reply to my query. My interview is due on 10th of October.

Guys, any idea on how Prof. Vivek Velamuri drives the interview?

Regards,
Arnab
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 01:32
Good Luck roy26!
I assume you are applying to MBA March18 intake? Or is it MiM?
Anyways, I hope your interview goes very well. And please share your experience later.
How long does it take them to set a date for the interview and how long before they notify you?
Re: Calling all HHL Leipzig MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!   [#permalink] 07 Oct 2017, 01:32

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 110 posts ] 

Calling all HHL Leipzig MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap