Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:54 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V39
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Good day,
I am in a bit of dilemma regarding whether to apply or not. My GMAT is low. Would request an honest review of my profile:

Nationality: Indian
Gender/Age: 29/Male
Work- Marine Engineer
Designation - Second Assistant Engineer

GMAT: 620 (Q48,v28,ir8)
TOEFL : 101

Class X - 92.1 (ICSE)
Class XII - 86.5 (ISC) - Math/Bio
BE (Mechanical) - 7.90/10 (Bhilai Institute of Technology) (top 20 percent of the batch)
Pre Sea Training - A+ Grade (from one of India's premier maritime institutes for GME)

Summer Internships -
1. L&T ECC - project on process layout & time work analysis exceeded expectations of then GM, Assembly Shop
2. RSP, SAIL - project on time work management & cost analysis also exceeded expectations of DGM, Mechanical Shop.

Professional Qualifications:
MEO COC IV, issued by Ministry of Shipping, GOI according to UN's International Maritime Organisation's STCW regulations Manila Convention 2010. (pass percent less than 7 pc my time)
MEO COC IV, Certificate of Equivalence issued by Consulate of Marshall Islands
MEO COC III, Certificate of Equivalence issued by Consulate of Marshall Islands.
MEO COC II, issued by Ministry of Shipping (one oral left expected to be issued in first half 2020)

Full Member, International Association of Marine Surveyors & Consultants, Geneva

Work experience - 5.6 years
Sector - Maritime (Marine Engineer)
Company - ASP Ships, Melbourne (I work on behalf of ASP Crew Management Singapore and Ship Management, India)
Work - Have worked in dry bulk carriers and cruise. Vessels chartered by some of the biggest chartering firms in the world - Panocean S.Korea, Pacific Basin HK, J.Lauritzen Copenhagen, Oldendoff Germany, Kuok family of HK, Rinat Akhmetov's (Ukraine's richest person) Midinvest, etc..

Foreign Experience
Worked in 85 destinations in 26 countries with members from 8 nationalities

Professional Achievements:
Part of Company's takeover team. Recently took over 10 mil USD vessel for Abo Shoten Ltd, Japan.
Have carried out pipeline modifications (kind of architectural changes) to suit latest IMO regulations and got it ClassNK (Japanese Classification Society) approved in first attempt. (Did it at the age of 27)
Carried out critical jobs in dry-docks and lead engine team in completing high risk jobs. (for example: In Jan 2019, vessel stopped near s.atlantic due to Main Engine malfunction. Vsl carrying perishable cargo worth 1.4 mil USD. 40 knots gale approaching from stern. Led a team to find and rectify fault at engine temperatures excess of 180 degC in 3 hours. Similar job in normal engine temp takes 4-5 hours)
Other Misc...

Academic Achievements:
Pre Sea Training - Best Outgoing Cadet GME 19 batch,2012-13
Engineering -
Won a lot of events in techfests - IIT B, IIT Kgp, NIT raipur & NIT rourkela
Best robotics design in Kshitij 2009 (IIT Kgp)
Was Central India student co-ordinator for Robotics workshops, Kharagpur Robosoccer Students Group (IIT Kgp)
Overall Student Co-ordinator, Urja 2KXi - Central India's biggest college fest by a student club, 2011 (From marketing to sponsorship to operations - held meetings with IBM India, SECL (a subsidiary of COAL India), CREDA, PCRA, Coca Cola Central India GM, etc.

Co-founder, Verve Technologies - one of Central India's first student startups in robotics. This was in pre Startup era of India. As the core team disbanded (left for Germany n US to do masters. One got UN funding for masters coz of one of his designs) the firm collapsed in 2015 i think. I left it in 2012-13.

Apart from these a few others.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Rotman '22
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Male
India

Academic background:
I am a dual degree Biotech Masers student from IIT Varanasi, GPA: 6.95
Dropped out of reputed PhD from Germany after 1 year, that was 5 years ago because I didnt like the course structure.

GMAT:
Will take next week, consistently scoring 730-740 range across various mock tests.

Work and research experience:
2 years of research experience in genetics
Worked in India for 2 years as Developer of applications and assessing various business problems in an infrastructure company which is subsidiary of a investment firm.
Currently working in Oracle as data scientist to assess business risk which involves the partners, clients, transactions, market forecast, automation of various business critical jobs. Usually work as individual contributor for many projects and leads a team of few to execute few other projects and move them to operations for routine management.

Extra curricular Activities:
Constantly participating in social activities organised by company, apart from that I spend my time teaching usually science related courses. Participating in data science related events. Used to be constantly in top ranks in state level and national level exams like olympiads as such( Long long time ago if that matters)

I want to continue working in Risk related work and expose myself to various domains such as finance and business development in startups or venture firms(far fetched dream).

I know my profile is very inconsistent with experience spread across various domains, I hope it can play to my strength and get me into a reputable course like Rotman.

Currently my life is standstill. Any kind of help on how to crack into reputable MBA for future would be much appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB '21 (I)
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello People,

Would be really grateful if someone could evaluate my profile-

10th Standard (2009)- 88%
12th Standard (2011)- 88%
BA Hons English (2011-2014)- Delhi University, BA Hons English- 64.5% (1s division)
MA English, Faculty of Arts, Delhi University- 61% (1st Division)
These translate to a 4.0 each on the GPA scale.
GMAT Score- 720: 47 Quant, 42 Verbal, AWA- 6.0, IR- 6
Work Experience- August 2016-August 2018: Account Analyst and then Account Strategist at Yahoo. Owner advertiser accounts in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia.
August 2018-Present: Working at an established travel startup as the content manager. Head branding communications and content strategy. Have received 2 appraisals and one promotion in the space of one year.
Extra-Curricular: Guitarist, have played semi-professionally. DJ and have worked as label manager for an electronic music label.
Reason for MBA- Wish to move to more challenging roles in better companies in the domain of growth/strategy/marketing.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
bsidd wrote:
Good day,
I am in a bit of dilemma regarding whether to apply or not. My GMAT is low. Would request an honest review of my profile:

Gender/Age: 29/Male
Work- Marine Engineer
Designation - Second Assistant Engineer

GMAT: 620 (Q48,v28,ir8)
TOEFL : 101

Class X - 92.1 (ICSE)
Class XII - 86.5 (ISC) - Math/Bio
BE (Mechanical) - 7.90/10 (Bhilai Institute of Technology) (top 20 percent of the batch)
Pre Sea Training - A+ Grade (from one of India's premier maritime institutes for GME)

Summer Internships -
1. L&T ECC - project on process layout & time work analysis exceeded expectations of then GM, Assembly Shop
2. RSP, SAIL - project on time work management & cost analysis also exceeded expectations of DGM, Mechanical Shop.

Professional Qualifications:
MEO COC IV, issued by Ministry of Shipping, GOI according to UN's International Maritime Organisation's STCW regulations Manila Convention 2010. (pass percent less than 7 pc my time)
MEO COC IV, Certificate of Equivalence issued by Consulate of Marshall Islands
MEO COC III, Certificate of Equivalence issued by Consulate of Marshall Islands.
MEO COC II, issued by Ministry of Shipping (one oral left expected to be issued in first half 2020)

Full Member, International Association of Marine Surveyors & Consultants, Geneva

Work experience - 5.6 years
Sector - Maritime (Marine Engineer)
Company - ASP Ships, Melbourne (I work on behalf of ASP Crew Management Singapore and Ship Management, India)
Work - Have worked in dry bulk carriers and cruise. Vessels chartered by some of the biggest chartering firms in the world - Panocean S.Korea, Pacific Basin HK, J.Lauritzen Copenhagen, Oldendoff Germany, Kuok family of HK, Rinat Akhmetov's (Ukraine's richest person) Midinvest, etc..

Foreign Experience
Worked in 85 destinations in 26 countries with members from 8 nationalities

Professional Achievements:
Part of Company's takeover team. Recently took over 10 mil USD vessel for Abo Shoten Ltd, Japan.
Have carried out pipeline modifications (kind of architectural changes) to suit latest IMO regulations and got it ClassNK (Japanese Classification Society) approved in first attempt. (Did it at the age of 27)
Carried out critical jobs in dry-docks and lead engine team in completing high risk jobs. (for example: In Jan 2019, vessel stopped near s.atlantic due to Main Engine malfunction. Vsl carrying perishable cargo worth 1.4 mil USD. 40 knots gale approaching from stern. Led a team to find and rectify fault at engine temperatures excess of 180 degC in 3 hours. Similar job in normal engine temp takes 4-5 hours)
Other Misc...

Academic Achievements:
Pre Sea Training - Best Outgoing Cadet GME 19 batch,2012-13
Engineering -
Won a lot of events in techfests - IIT B, IIT Kgp, NIT raipur & NIT rourkela
Best robotics design in Kshitij 2009 (IIT Kgp)
Was Central India student co-ordinator for Robotics workshops, Kharagpur Robosoccer Students Group (IIT Kgp)
Overall Student Co-ordinator, Urja 2KXi - Central India's biggest college fest by a student club, 2011 (From marketing to sponsorship to operations - held meetings with IBM India, SECL (a subsidiary of COAL India), CREDA, PCRA, Coca Cola Central India GM, etc.

Co-founder, Verve Technologies - one of Central India's first student startups in robotics. This was in pre Startup era of India. As the core team disbanded (left for Germany n US to do masters. One got UN funding for masters coz of one of his designs) the firm collapsed in 2015 i think. I left it in 2012-13.

Apart from these a few others.

Hi,

Just saw your message is still unanswered. Everything else being good in your profile, the GMAT definitely can be improved. The GMAT is the weakest link and you should try to get a 700 and above to present a competitive application at Rotman or even other top MBA programs in Canada
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
youngun wrote:
Hello People,

Would be really grateful if someone could evaluate my profile-

10th Standard (2009)- 88%
12th Standard (2011)- 88%
BA Hons English (2011-2014)- Delhi University, BA Hons English- 64.5% (1s division)
MA English, Faculty of Arts, Delhi University- 61% (1st Division)
These translate to a 4.0 each on the GPA scale.
GMAT Score- 720: 47 Quant, 42 Verbal, AWA- 6.0, IR- 6
Work Experience- August 2016-August 2018: Account Analyst and then Account Strategist at Yahoo. Owner advertiser accounts in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia.
August 2018-Present: Working at an established travel startup as the content manager. Head branding communications and content strategy. Have received 2 appraisals and one promotion in the space of one year.
Extra-Curricular: Guitarist, have played semi-professionally. DJ and have worked as label manager for an electronic music label.
Reason for MBA- Wish to move to more challenging roles in better companies in the domain of growth/strategy/marketing.

Hi Youngun,
1. focus upon the business aspects of your work profile in your application. You should demonstrate that you have a decent understanding of business through your role as a client account owner. I am not clear whether your current role allow you to work on the business side. Do expand on what you do.
2. Your goals have to be very clear. The b-schools will expect you to lay out a clear career path before them. I see that you still need to build on this area.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 133
Send PM
Request experts to review my profile and chances for getting in.

Background:
Indian Male
Age 30
GMAT 720 (Q51, V35)

Education:
Bachelor of Engineering (Production and Industrial engineering) from one of the NITs
MBA from one of the top 3 IIMs
Looking to do a second MBA

Work Experience: Total 5+ years
Job 1 - Automotive MNC (21 months)

Job 2 - Investment Banking (31 months)
Focused on Consumer and Consumer Tech sector

Job 3 - Private Equity Fund (12+ months)
Mid-market PE fund with focus on resource efficiency, clean energy, renewable

Extra curriculars - Decent extra curriculars, volunteering experience

Post MBA Goal - Continue my passion for investing by working in a larger PE shop
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3
Send PM
xitizsharma wrote:
Request experts to review my profile and chances for getting in.

Background:
Indian Male
Age 30
GMAT 720 (Q51, V35)

Education:
Bachelor of Engineering (Production and Industrial engineering) from one of the NITs
MBA from one of the top 3 IIMs
Looking to do a second MBA

Work Experience: Total 5+ years
Job 1 - Automotive MNC (21 months)

Job 2 - Investment Banking (31 months)
Focused on Consumer and Consumer Tech sector

Job 3 - Private Equity Fund (12+ months)
Mid-market PE fund with focus on resource efficiency, clean energy, renewable

Extra curriculars - Decent extra curriculars, volunteering experience

Post MBA Goal - Continue my passion for investing by working in a larger PE shop

Impressive profile, but given you already have an mba and you are at 30, adcom would expect you to break into executive roles. Why do you want to go to rotman? You could easily apply to the likes of Kelloggs and Duke.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.27
Send PM
Hi everyone, I'm a Chinese applicant interested in MBA programs in Canada entry 2020. Here is my profile:

Background and nationality: Chinese Male
Undergrad Information: Undergraduate degree in top 4 universities in China, majored in financial management, GPA 3.28/4(around 3.5/4 in last two years)
TOEFL:108(Speaking:23, Reading:28, Listening:30,Writing:27)
GMAT: 750 (Verbal:40, Quant:51, AWA:5.5, IR:7)
Work experience and leadership: 4.5 years working experience in investmen banking departments in securities firms in China, focusing on execution of fixed-income products, such as asset-backed securities and corporate bonds. The career track I have is normal in the industry. I got promoted from analyst to associate and from team member to team leader(project based). One concern is that I have been in 4 companies in the 4.5 years, majorly because the management I reported to was not stable, which is not uncommon in chinese capital market, especially securities firms.
Community and others: nothing special, had some volunteer experiences in university
Post MBA goals: Immigrate to Canada and work in finance industry. Working in IB in canada seems unlikely to happen for international student like me, so maybe there will be a transition. I'm now very much interested in Investment.

Besides evaluating my profile, do you have any other suggestions regarding B-school selection in Canada?I do believe I need a 2 year program to have some time and internships to prepare myself, so I'm consdering Schulich and Degroote(Co-op) as well. And for budget reason, is UofCalgary Haskayne a good option?(If work in Calgary, I may expect a finance related position in other industries)

Thanks!

Originally posted by PhilipLiu on 18 Nov 2019, 23:43.
Last edited by PhilipLiu on 18 Nov 2019, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
PhilipLiu wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm a Chinese applicant interested in MBA programs in Canada entry 2020. Here is my profile:

Background and nationality: China
Undergrad Information: Undergraduate degree in top4 universities in China, majored in financial management, GPA 3.28/4(around 3.5/4 in last two years)
Work experience and leadership: 4.5 years working experience in investmen banking departments in securities firms in China, focusing on execution of fixed-income products, such as asset-backed securities and corporate bonds. The career track I have is normal in the industry. I got promoted from analyst to associate and from team member to team leader(project based). One concern is that I have been in 4 companies in the 4.5 years, majorly because the management I reported to was not stable, which is not uncommon in chinese capital market, especially securities firms.
Community and others: nothing special, had some volunteer experiences in university
Post MBA goals: Immigrate to Canada and work in finance industry. Working in IB in canada seems unlikely to happen for international student like me, so maybe there will be a transition. I'm now very much interested in Investment.

Besides evaluating my profile, do you have any other suggestions regarding B-school selection in Canada?I do believe I need a 2 year program to have some time and internships to prepare myself, so I'm consdering Schulich and Degroote(Co-op) as well. And for budget reason, is UofCalgary Haskayne a good option?(If work in Calgary, I may expect a finance related position in other industries)

Thanks!

Your gmat score is really good. However, you need to make your profile equally good too. You should try for rotman and ivey and there is a possibility that you can get a scholarship.

Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi PhilipLiu,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. I like your career progression and academic background. That said, I would like to see a really strong narrative that speaks to your leadership and your need for an MBA. Coupling your background with a stellar narrative will provide a high probability of a successful application cycle.

While Canada's finance industry is not as competitive as the US', the industry is still competitive and school brand. For that reason, I recommend you target the likes of Rotman, Ivey, Smith, Schulich.

I am happy to speak further about your plans. When ready, please reach out.

Good luck!

Susan

PhilipLiu wrote:

Background and nationality: Chinese Male
Undergrad Information: Undergraduate degree in top 4 universities in China, majored in financial management, GPA 3.28/4(around 3.5/4 in last two years)

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 1.6
Send PM
Background and nationality: India
Undergrad Information: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering CGPA 7.387/10

GMAT: 710 (Verbal:37, Quant:50, AWA:4.5, IR:7)
Work experience and leadership: 7 years working experience in Govt owned defense manufacturing firm in Supply Chain management and project management. (Two Promotions)
Hobbies: lead vocalist for university band, head of musical club of the University, have some volunteer experiences.

Post MBA goals: Strategy/General consulting.

Kindly evaluate the profile.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi, Please do a check on my profile.

CGPA: 6.47/10
Degree: BE Computer Science (CSVTU Chhattisgarh)
Experience:5 year
( 3 year at job and 2 year as entrepreneur)

Official Score: 700 (Q50, V34, AWA5.0)
( planning to retake and expect 730)

Work Profile: from 2016-now

Work for Konsole Group (PR company) as Asst business manager

Deployed many successful creative marketing idea for various company

Handle all the Social Media Account for Chhattisgarh Chief minister, Health Minister and Home Minister

Planned and execute various PR activity for Chhattisgarh state Government.

Work for BJP’s the state and municipal election Chhattisgarh

As Entrepreneur:
Co Founder of Mr Tiffin (2014-16)
( Currently holding only 10% stake)

Start a food delivery service with a base kitchen that serves 500+ meals daily in the city.

Handle many catering event of where number of guest is more than 10000.

Cater IPL 2016 where public is more than 35000

Extra Curricular: I am a skilled Driver and gives lesson to women to encourage them. More than 60 driver are trained by me. Some are now being part of OLA and UBER.

Goals:
Short Term: I want to change my career towards e commerce strategy and consultancy

Weak Point:
Due to some university problem i give my backlog Exam after 2 year and complete my engg in 6 year.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 630 Q49 V26
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
[deleted]

Originally posted by MBAMSAspirant16 on 25 Nov 2019, 14:19.
Last edited by MBAMSAspirant16 on 18 Jan 2021, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi everyone, I'm a Hong Kong applicant interested in MBA programs in Canada entry 2020. Here is my profile:

Background and nationality: Hong Kong Male 30 yrs old
Undergrad Information: Undergraduate degree in Accounting and Master degree in law (Both obtained in Hong Kong)
Other qualification: CFA charterholder, Certified FRM
Work experience and leadership: 4 years in HSBC commercial banking as Relationship Manager, 2 years of experience in the largest Asset Management firm in China as Risk Manager with two junior staff under my management, 1.5 years exp in a family office as senior associate (mainly dealing with private equity investments)
GMAT: N/A (Understand that I could waive GMAT as I am a CFA charterholder, is there any disadvantage not to take GMAT exam?)
Community and others: as a volunteer to share CFA study experience to some CFA candidates
Post MBA goals: the key factor is to immigrate to Canada and I wish to work in finance or banking industry.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
divakergarg wrote:
Background and nationality: India
Undergrad Information: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering CGPA 7.387/10

GMAT: 710 (Verbal:37, Quant:50, AWA:4.5, IR:7)
Work experience and leadership: 7 years working experience in Govt owned defense manufacturing firm in Supply Chain management and project management. (Two Promotions)
Hobbies: lead vocalist for university band, head of musical club of the University, have some volunteer experiences.

Post MBA goals: Strategy/General consulting.

Kindly evaluate the profile.

Hi,

You have a nice profile. A 7-year work experience is quite substantial - you must be able to bring out the achievements/ impact/ leadership through your resume and the LORs. The essay requires you to tell stories outside your work- so they really are looking for multi-faceted personalities. I am not quite sure about your career goal- You must talk to current students and find out more about the consulting opportunities available for students- also consider getting into an operations role post MBA.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
A few points about your profile:

1. your GMAT score is very low. You should retake with an aim to get 700 plus.
2. School marks and achievements don't matter in international b-school applications. Indian b-schools ask for them, but not the international ones.
3. In the professional section, you must talk about the value you brought to the organization's/ client's business. What were your achievements that directly impacted your company/client's top/bottom line? Don't just mention what awards and accolades you won for yourself. This can be an important tip for you while building your resume.
4. What is your career goal and why MBA?

sandrajoseph16 wrote:
Hi Experts,

I am 28 year old Indian women working as a Senior Quality Analyst in an IT Firm. By the time I matriculate I will have 6+ years of Experience.

GMAT score 630(Q49, V26) IR - 6

Graduation : 81% (B.Tech in Electronics and Communication)
12th : 87% Central board of Secondary Education.
10th : 91.2% Central Board of Secondary Education.

Some of my profile highlights

Academics:
Have received 0.1% certificate in 10th for scoring among top 0.1% students in India CBSE
Was awarded 30% scholarship for retaining top 10 spot in engineering for 4 years

Professional:
Promotion in the first year of joining first company
Awarded in current company twice for suggesting process changes and implementing them for Quality team
Worked at Client location for a year and was awarded star of the quarter there
Have received several spot awards and Young Achiever award in first company

Extra Curricular:
Organised cultural and technical fest during graduation.
Was part of the college blog team to cover events
Actively participated in college events for dance
Was awarded at International Level competition in Art during ICSQCC summit.

Please evaluate my chances of getting through a Rotman School of Management. Open to suggestions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.78
Send PM
HI! Hoping for your help in evaluating my profile. Thanks!

Demographic
27 years old. Male from the Philippines.
Undergraduate Degree: BS Management Engineering (Honors Program), GPA 2.78
GMAT: 750 (50Q/42V)

Work Experience
5 years in the Oil & Gas Industry working for a “Big Oil” Company
- Completed the competitive “Big Oil” Graduate Program
- Assigned in various regions in the Philippines. Within the 5 years I’ve been with the company I have already held 6 different and challenging roles and have been promoted the equivalent of 4 times.
- Assigned as the terminal manager for one of “Big Oil’s” largest terminals in the country. Had 4 direct reports and over 50 contractors reporting to me. Historically, I was the youngest manager for the terminal I was assigned in.
- In my current role I responsible for the management of several contractors/haulers who deliver to the most significant delivery envelope in the Philippines (Metro Manila)
- I have led several large projects for the company that have provided millions of dollars in benefits. I have also been given significant responsibility by the company (e.g. Terminal Manager role) for the positions I’ve been in.
- I was recognized and awarded as one of the top outstanding employees In the company for my performance in 2018
- Awarded a certificate of appreciation from the Philippine Coast Guard for my contributions to the safety of the seafarers in one of my projects
- Every year we go through performance rankings, and I have consistently been ranked high against my peers and have been given excellent performance feedback.

Extra Curricular
Triathlete
- I’ve joined many triathlon’s including two 70.3 Ironman events.
- Currently I am training for my first full Ironman 140.6 which will be in 2020.
Volunteer Work
- I’ve participated in various coastal clean up activities across the Philippines thanks to the opportunities provided to me through my work

Reason for MBA (Still working/reflecting on this part)
- Seeing the “bigger picture”, I’ve been quite fortunate in having several roles across operations but I do not yet have experience in other areas of business such as finance, marketing, sales, etc. I plan on majoring in strategy so I can capitalize on the various classes provided by MBA’s schools to develop a more wholistic approach when it comes to solving business problems.
- Diverse culture and international student profile. Adapting the best practices and management styles of different people. Coming from an “asian” background I do tend to be shy and not vocal, this is something I hope I can work on by being exposed to the “western” side of the world.

Questions
- How strict is Rotman’s 3.0 final year GPA requirement? I do not meet it as my final year average is 2.97

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  30   
Moderator:
Stanford and Rotman Moderator
72 posts