Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 10:01 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ShaliniShalini wrote:
MBADecoder

Thanks for the reply.

With the link that you shared - I would require a Masters since I had a 3 years UG course. Is that so?

I scored a 710 but will be giving the GMAT again before submitting the application.

On the second note, what sectors you think could be improved in the profile?

Hi Shalini,

I suggest you reach out to the adcom once and get their opinion on the 3 year undergrad degree. I believe they admit competitive applicants with a 3 year degree. However, I did check a lot of Linked in (about 20 atleast) profiles of Indian Rotman MBAs and realized all except 1-2 had a 4 year degree. So is best to check with them once.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi All,

Below outlined is my profile, any thoughts or recommendations are welcome.

Nationality: Pakistani Male (Hold PR of Canada)

Academics: ACCA Member (Passed all written exams at the first attempt) & CFA Charterholder (Passed exams in three consecutive attempts)

Undergrad Information: BSc. (Hons.) in Applied Accounting Upper Second Class Honors - Oxford Brookes University

GMAT: Waived as I am a CFA Charterholder

Work experience and leadership (Total 7 Years):
Current: 3 Years - VP of Private Equity with investment firm based in the middle east (essentially leading the private equity arm of a boutique PE firm) (Middle East)
Previous: 2 Years - Head of Research with a mutual and pension fund manager managing nearly USD 400 Mn in assets (Pakistan)
Earliest: 1.5 Years - Analyst at Deloitte Transaction Advisory Services (Pakistan)

Community and others:
-Mentoring high impact startups (pro bono) on fund raising and investor out reach.
-Delivered speaker sessions on private equity to local university students in Saudi Arabia
-Volunteer grader for CFA Research Challenge 2020
-Spent 6 months mentoring low income background children in a local big brother program in Pakistan. Was promoted to coordinator managing 5 mentors in the second session.
-Avid gamer, national quarter finalist World Cyber Games'07 CS 1.6 + won numerous city level dota tournaments.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Given Kudos: 80
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi haidriqbal,

Rotman is a good pick when it comes to Finance backgroud, if your post-MBA goals are also aligned with it. Around 39% of the class of 2019 went for Finance roles and 18.5% went for Consulting, with salaries ranging from $70,000 – $175,000.

Rotman has distilled their shared beliefs down to four fundamental principles (mentioned below) and they are looking for the same values and shared beliefs in their applicants:
1. Diversity
2. Excellence
3. Integrity
4 Respect

If you'd like to understand these values better, feel free to view the Rotman page on our website.
I see a good mix of all these values in your profile. With a CFA, I see a good chance for you to make it to Rotman. And your experience with a PE and Investment firm as a VP will definitely help you bring out differentiating examples in your application. However, it would be essential to understand your post-MBA goals in order to evaluate your chances better. Also, I would advise you to make a list of the gaps that you have identified in your profile, that you believe Rotman's MBA program will help you fill.

What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story to stand out from other applicants in the pool. Make sure you are connected with the school's values throughout your application and be mindful of quality instead of quantity while showcasing these values in your personality.

Which intake and round are you eyeing?
If you’d like, I am happy to hop on a call sometimes this week to discuss your chances in further detail.
Feel free to book my calendar as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma,
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641
Linkedin

haidriqbal wrote:
Hi All,

Below outlined is my profile, any thoughts or recommendations are welcome.

Nationality: Pakistani Male (Hold PR of Canada)

Academics: ACCA Member (Passed all written exams at the first attempt) & CFA Charterholder (Passed exams in three consecutive attempts)

Undergrad Information: BSc. (Hons.) in Applied Accounting Upper Second Class Honors - Oxford Brookes University

GMAT: Waived as I am a CFA Charterholder

Work experience and leadership (Total 7 Years):
Current: 3 Years - VP of Private Equity with investment firm based in the middle east (essentially leading the private equity arm of a boutique PE firm) (Middle East)
Previous: 2 Years - Head of Research with a mutual and pension fund manager managing nearly USD 400 Mn in assets (Pakistan)
Earliest: 1.5 Years - Analyst at Deloitte Transaction Advisory Services (Pakistan)

Community and others:
-Mentoring high impact startups (pro bono) on fund raising and investor out reach.
-Delivered speaker sessions on private equity to local university students in Saudi Arabia
-Volunteer grader for CFA Research Challenge 2020
-Spent 6 months mentoring low income background children in a local big brother program in Pakistan. Was promoted to coordinator managing 5 mentors in the second session.
-Avid gamer, national quarter finalist World Cyber Games'07 CS 1.6 + won numerous city level dota tournaments.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
Hi everyone.

Is there any chance for me to make it at Rotman with my profile ?
Brazilian female, 6 years exp in Consulting and Project Management (3 years at Deloitte Brasil, 2 years in an Educational company as a business consultant and 1 year as PMO in IT department). B.Tech and M.tech (Chemical Engg). Business management post graduation (part time). GMAT score 700 (45Q / 40V). TOEFL waiting my scores.
GPA approx. 3.
BJJ fighter and Tennis player.

Any suggestions for me will be really appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
marinamsabino@gmail.com wrote:
Hi everyone.

Is there any chance for me to make it at Rotman with my profile ?
Brazilian female, 6 years exp in Consulting and Project Management (3 years at Deloitte Brasil, 2 years in an Educational company as a business consultant and 1 year as PMO in IT department). B.Tech and M.tech (Chemical Engg). Business management post graduation (part time). GMAT score 700 (45Q / 40V). TOEFL waiting my scores.
GPA approx. 3.
BJJ fighter and Tennis player.

Any suggestions for me will be really appreciated.

Hello Marina,
Your GMAT is above average GMAT score for Rotman, though what jumps out to me is you have scored less in Q. You haven't talked about your achievements at work though, but your profile looks competitive to me with the kind of roles and brands you have mentioned. Your EC will fit nicely into what Rotman calls the 'spike factor' though you will have to brainstorm much before knowing what truly makes you unique.
I don't have a sense of your AWA here (Rotman looks at it closely) and you may also want to make sure you meet the eligibility criteria by checking here.
https://portal.sgs.utoronto.ca/current/a ... p?#country
Hope this helps.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi,

I am looking for profile evaluation for Rotman, Please suggest if I have chances for selection there:

Background and nationality: Indian- Male
Class 10: CGPA 9.2
Class 12: 89% (major in science)
Undergrad Information: B.Tech Mechanical Engineering - 82 % (GPA 4)
GMAT: 710 (Q50, V35)
IELTS: Overall 8 bands
Work experience and leadership: 3 years in Accenture Technology as SAP Analyst.
Community and others: Decent extra curricular record during the undergraduate (B.tech) program. Held some responsible positions in the collegiate club consistently.
Post MBA goals : to work in a consulting domain

Looking forward for genuine suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi TumharaFaizal,

As you have not provided broad details of your work experience and extracurriculars, it’s difficult for me to give you a good comprehensive evaluation. But what I can see and assess from these details, it looks good. As long as your stats are concerned, they seem great and from this angle, I would suggest you apply to other great schools too with a little push of 10+ points in your GMAT. I can not say much about your work experience and extracurriculars but if you highlight great stories of ‘impact’ and ‘leadership’, you stand a fair chance to Rotman. Also, it looks for a ‘spike factor’ and to stand out you need to showcase anything beyond work which demonstrates Passion, Resilience, Ambition.

If you’d like we are happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances further. You can always visit our site ‘MBA and Beyond’ and schedule a call with us.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

TumharaFaizal wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for profile evaluation for Rotman, Please suggest if I have chances for selection there:

Community and others: Decent extra curricular record during the undergraduate (B.tech) program. Held some responsible positions in the collegiate club consistently.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.98
WE:Consulting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Indian Male

2012-2013
Diploma in Economics - Distinction - London School of Economics (London, UK)

2012-2016
BBA (Finance) - GPA 3.98/4 - Distinction - Hult International Business School (Boston,USA; San Francisco, USA; Shanghai, China; Dubai, UAE)
Valedictorian/Dean's List for all terms/On boards of Hult Consulting and Finance Clubs
Interned at a Consulting firm in Boston & at an Asset Management Firm in London

GMAT - 1st Attempt: 720 (Q49/V39)
GMAT - 2nd Attempt: 760 (Q50/V44)

Work Experience:

2013-2015
BAT Team Leader
Bloomberg L.P. (London, UK)
Led the EMEA BAT Analytics Team.

2015-2017
CoFounder & Investment Strategist
Old Oaks Asset Management (Asset Management) (London, UK)
Co-founded asset management firm. Sold out to Private Equity.

2017-2020
Manager - M&A Deal Origination
TISX Capital Advisors (Boutique M&A Financial Consulting) (Mumbai, India / Dubai, UAE)
Led M&A and ECM assignments amounting to INR 1.73 Billion.

Target Post Rotman:
Investment Banking OR Financial Consulting

What are my chances here?
Also, what about the "fit" in terms of what Rotman requires of its students/applicants?

My motivations for Rotman - Right in the centre of the Canadian financial services industry. Easy immigration policies of Canada. Top tier 2 year MBA in Canada. Have already attended a couple of classes by Rotman faculty at Hult, and they were impressive. CDL as well, is an amazing opportunity.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Finance, Finance
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35 (Online)
GPA: 3
Send PM
My Profile is as follows:

Indian Male

Xth : 87%
XII : 87%
Education : B. Tech in Computer Science, CGPA: 7.1
GMAT : 710 (Q50, V35)

Work Ex: 3 Yrs in MNC IT in Web Developer role.

I can manage 2 recommendations from former managers.

Extra curricular: Actively involved in sports.
Worked as sports blogger for a website with monthly readership of over 30 million.

Target Post Rotman:
ONLY to work in Financial Sector preferably start as an analyst to reach high level position in funds management field

What are my chances at Rotman??
Also I would like to know what are my weak points in profile on which I can work upon.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Hello mjaininc,
You have good chances at Rotman especially because of your academic and GMAT performance. I am a little unclear about your number of years of WE and education years. They seem to be overlapping or were you involved in your ventures alongside your studies. If you could provide little clarity around that and also your Diploma in Finance, it would be easier to comment.
Also, how is your AWA in GMAT, since Rotman believes your analytical writing abilities are a good measure of your post-MBA success.
I see you do not show definitiveness with respect to your post-MBA target. For the purpose of the application, you may want to stick to one.
Rotman is looking for what they call ‘spike factor’ among its candidates. They only have one essay solely dedicated to this. Talk about what makes you unique, as Rotman is looking to assimilate a class with students from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Also, apply to Rotman as early you can, as advised by their Admissions Director. Their Early Entry is 7 August (20 days from now, so may be difficult for you to manage), but try to send in your application by the first round or latest by second round (again earlier the better).
Hope this helps.

mjaininc wrote:
Indian Male

2012-2013
Diploma in Economics - Distinction - London School of Economics (London, UK)

2012-2016
BBA (Finance) - GPA 3.98/4 - Distinction - Hult International Business School (Boston,USA; San Francisco, USA; Shanghai, China; Dubai, UAE)
Valedictorian/Dean's List for all terms/On boards of Hult Consulting and Finance Clubs
Interned at a Consulting firm in Boston & at an Asset Management Firm in London

GMAT - 1st Attempt: 720 (Q49/V39)
GMAT - 2nd Attempt: 760 (Q50/V44)

Work Experience:

2013-2015
BAT Team Leader
Bloomberg L.P. (London, UK)
Led the EMEA BAT Analytics Team.

2015-2017
CoFounder & Investment Strategist
Old Oaks Asset Management (Asset Management) (London, UK)
Co-founded asset management firm. Sold out to Private Equity.

2017-2020
Manager - M&A Deal Origination
TISX Capital Advisors (Boutique M&A Financial Consulting) (Mumbai, India / Dubai, UAE)
Led M&A and ECM assignments amounting to INR 1.73 Billion.

Target Post Rotman:
Investment Banking OR Financial Consulting

What are my chances here?
Also, what about the "fit" in terms of what Rotman requires of its students/applicants?

My motivations for Rotman - Right in the centre of the Canadian financial services industry. Easy immigration policies of Canada. Top tier 2 year MBA in Canada. Have already attended a couple of classes by Rotman faculty at Hult, and they were impressive. CDL as well, is an amazing opportunity.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBAnBevaluations wrote:
Hi TumharaFaizal,

As you have not provided broad details of your work experience and extracurriculars, it’s difficult for me to give you a good comprehensive evaluation. But what I can see and assess from these details, it looks good. As long as your stats are concerned, they seem great and from this angle, I would suggest you apply to other great schools too with a little push of 10+ points in your GMAT. I can not say much about your work experience and extracurriculars but if you highlight great stories of ‘impact’ and ‘leadership’, you stand a fair chance to Rotman. Also, it looks for a ‘spike factor’ and to stand out you need to showcase anything beyond work which demonstrates Passion, Resilience, Ambition.

If you’d like we are happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances further. You can always visit our site ‘MBA and Beyond’ and schedule a call with us.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

TumharaFaizal wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kashish,

Sorry for missing it out earlier. I will try to explain my credentials a little bit more as below:

Work exp:- 3 years- Accenture- I have been working as a functional analyst in SAP EWM technology. My job responsibilities include are as - Acting as liaison with client for troubleshooting: Investigate, analyze, and solve software problems and map client business requirements, processes, and objectives to develop necessary product modifications to address the client's business needs.
I have been to client side (Europe) for few months (if it counts something as extra).

Internships: I did two internships while in engineering in the manufacturing industry, though the brand names are not very big.

Extra curriculars:-
I have worked as proactive member of the student club (established under the aegis of Society of Automobile Engineers) for 4 years and held various responsible positions including Convener and Public relations officer.
I have been part of committees responsible for organising festivals in the college.
Participated in National Level Competition.
Worked on a research project.
Member of NGO and involved in social work.

Certifications: Product design & development - from an IIT powered forum.
1 certification course from Microsoft.

I hope I am able to present my profile better now, Kindly let me know what is your take on it.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.98
WE:Consulting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
RUCHIPCONSULTING wrote:
Hello mjaininc,
You have good chances at Rotman especially because of your academic and GMAT performance. I am a little unclear about your number of years of WE and education years. They seem to be overlapping or were you involved in your ventures alongside your studies. If you could provide little clarity around that and also your Diploma in Finance, it would be easier to comment.
Also, how is your AWA in GMAT, since Rotman believes your analytical writing abilities are a good measure of your post-MBA success.
I see you do not show definitiveness with respect to your post-MBA target. For the purpose of the application, you may want to stick to one.
Rotman is looking for what they call ‘spike factor’ among its candidates. They only have one essay solely dedicated to this. Talk about what makes you unique, as Rotman is looking to assimilate a class with students from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Also, apply to Rotman as early you can, as advised by their Admissions Director. Their Early Entry is 7 August (20 days from now, so may be difficult for you to manage), but try to send in your application by the first round or latest by second round (again earlier the better).
Hope this helps.

Sorry for the confusion. Let me clarify those points:

I worked with Bloomberg while at Hult, overseeing and collaborating for a product development.
Then I did work on my startup since the beginning of the last year of my undergrad and even a year out after my undergrad worked on it. So the first year of my startup was while I was studying and the second year was full-time working on it. This was followed by my current stint at TISX Capital Advisors.

The Diploma in Economics (2012-13) was done before my undergrad at Hult (2013-16) and I even got credit transfers for it.

The latest attempt at GMAT was on the online version so I got a raw score of Q50, V44 and total 760. They don't have the AWA section on the online version so can't really state that.

My question is that I have 3 years full time with my current firm and 1 year full time at my startup and another year while studying. So shall I mention overall workex as 4 years or 5??

Thanks
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
mjaininc wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. Let me clarify those points:

I worked with Bloomberg while at Hult, overseeing and collaborating for a product development.
Then I did work on my startup since the beginning of the last year of my undergrad and even a year out after my undergrad worked on it. So the first year of my startup was while I was studying and the second year was full-time working on it. This was followed by my current stint at TISX Capital Advisors.

The Diploma in Economics (2012-13) was done before my undergrad at Hult (2013-16) and I even got credit transfers for it.

The latest attempt at GMAT was on the online version so I got a raw score of Q50, V44 and total 760. They don't have the AWA section on the online version so can't really state that.

My question is that I have 3 years full time with my current firm and 1 year full time at my startup and another year while studying. So shall I mention overall workex as 4 years or 5??

Thanks

Hi mjaininc,

B-schools count post-undergrad experience as full-time work experience. If you are studying for your undergrad, you could not be working full time, unless you are not attending your classes, which will reflect badly upon you. So be careful about how you project your work experience. That said, it would be fine to show that you were also working while in college- you'd just want to make the clarifications on the overlap. Entrepreneurial experience is valued and launching a venture during undergrad, and eventually selling it definitely add to your profile.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there,

Your work experience and extracurriculars seems appealing. I find your experience interesting and it shows good evidence of 'problem-solver' in you. Also, I see you have some international experience, and if you narrate it aptly, it definitely will be counted. I see you have been involved in many activities at college and they will help you finding a 'spike factor' in you. I am sure you can bring great stories out of these and what's going to matter the most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build great stories to stand out.

Feel free to book our calendar as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma,
Schedule a free session
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641
TumharaFaizal wrote:
MBAnBevaluations wrote:
Hi TumharaFaizal,

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

TumharaFaizal wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kashish,

Sorry for missing it out earlier. I will try to explain my credentials a little bit more as below:

Work exp:- 3 years- Accenture- I have been working as a functional analyst in SAP EWM technology. My job responsibilities include are as - Acting as liaison with client for troubleshooting: Investigate, analyze, and solve software problems and map client business requirements, processes, and objectives to develop necessary product modifications to address the client's business needs.
I have been to client side (Europe) for few months (if it counts something as extra).

Internships: I did two internships while in engineering in the manufacturing industry, though the brand names are not very big.

Extra curriculars:-
I have worked as proactive member of the student club (established under the aegis of Society of Automobile Engineers) for 4 years and held various responsible positions including Convener and Public relations officer.
I have been part of committees responsible for organising festivals in the college.
Participated in National Level Competition.
Worked on a research project.
Member of NGO and involved in social work.

Certifications: Product design & development - from an IIT powered forum.
1 certification course from Microsoft.

I hope I am able to present my profile better now, Kindly let me know what is your take on it.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by MBAandBeyond on 19 Jul 2020, 07:27.
Last edited by MBAandBeyond on 21 Jul 2020, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi piyushh19

You have provided a very brief profile to evaluate. For your post-MBA goals, Rotman seems a good fit as it is really great for finance. Your stats seem fair and GMAT is quite above the Rotman average. Since you have not provided details of your work ex, it would be difficult for me to comment. Your extracurriculars seem very interesting and, if narrated aptly, can help you stand out among the pool of Indian engineers. I would like to know more about your profile to give a comprehensive evaluation and spot weaknesses. If you’d like we are happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances further. Feel free to book our calendar as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg
Schedule a free session

piyushh19 wrote:
My Profile is as follows:

Indian Male

Xth : 87%
XII : 87%
Education : B. Tech in Computer Science, CGPA: 7.1
GMAT : 710 (Q50, V35)

Work Ex: 3 Yrs in MNC IT in Web Developer role.

I can manage 2 recommendations from former managers.

Extra curricular: Actively involved in sports.
Worked as sports blogger for a website with monthly readership of over 30 million.

Target Post Rotman:
ONLY to work in Financial Sector preferably start as an analyst to reach high level position in funds management field

What are my chances at Rotman??
Also I would like to know what are my weak points in profile on which I can work upon.

Thanks
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Hi, I am looking for a second mba from Rotman. Please evaluate my profile.
My profile-
Indian , Age- 26
BTech -70.5 % Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Delhi
MBA -2.97/4.33 Indian Institute of Foreign
Trade, Delhi
Workex- 3.5 years by matriculation- International and Institutional Banking in a Private sector Bank in India
Extra curricular- senior editor of the Finance magazine of IIFT which has readership across all top colleges in India,Volunteering experience , State Level Table tennis
GMAT score- 740
Reason for second mba- looking for a globally recognised mba to get a career jump. Want to work in consulting/financial services post mba.

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi khanna93,

Rotman is a great school for both finance and consulting. Evaluating your profile, first by stats, I would ask you to convert your undergrad percentage into GPA on a 4.0 scale and check if you qualify for a minimum of 3.0 GPA for Rotman. Your GMAT is very strong and it should definitely cover for lower grades in your undergrad and grad. About your work ex, I can not comment much since you have not provided details of the leadership position you undertook or any other experience which can give me an insight of your professional achievements. Your extracurriculars seem fine and if presented aptly, would help you stand out. Also, the reasons for your second MBA seem relevant but still, you need to give a persuasive explanation for it. I would ask for a detailed profile of yours, if possible. Alternatively, If you’d like we are happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances further. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma,
Schedule a free session

khanna93 wrote:
Hi, I am looking for a second mba from Rotman. Please evaluate my profile.
My profile-
Indian , Age- 26
BTech -70.5 % Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Delhi
MBA -2.97/4.33 Indian Institute of Foreign
Trade, Delhi
Workex- 3.5 years by matriculation- International and Institutional Banking in a Private sector Bank in India
Extra curricular- senior editor of the Finance magazine of IIFT which has readership across all top colleges in India,Volunteering experience , State Level Table tennis
GMAT score- 740
Reason for second mba- looking for a globally recognised mba to get a career jump. Want to work in consulting/financial services post mba.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  30   
Moderator:
Stanford and Rotman Moderator
72 posts