Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q150 V153
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson FEMBA Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2023 [#permalink]
What are the chances we'll find out over the weekend?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.24
WE:Account Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson FEMBA Applicants [2020 Intake] Class of 2023 [#permalink]
activegood18 wrote:

As awesome as that would be, I think the chances are very unlikely for a weekend surprise.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mic0 wrote:
activegood18 wrote:

As awesome as that would be, I think the chances are very unlikely for a weekend surprise.

The decision release day is next Sunday so I don't think its toooo far fetched?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
activegood18 wrote:
Mic0 wrote:
activegood18 wrote:

My understanding is that admits get phone calls (likely during the week, business hours) and that waitlist/deny decisions are released on the portal on decision-release day... i.e. next Sunday. So yes, while it's entirely plausible one could find out over the weekend, it's not going to be the decision you want to hear!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
pveticket wrote:
activegood18 wrote:
Mic0 wrote:
activegood18 wrote:

My understanding is that admits get phone calls (likely during the week, business hours) and that waitlist/deny decisions are released on the portal on decision-release day... i.e. next Sunday. So yes, while it's entirely plausible one could find out over the weekend, it's not going to be the decision you want to hear!

Next week decision release date, does it apply to people who submitted application mid of May?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Redmiata2019 wrote:
pveticket wrote:
activegood18 wrote:
Mic0 wrote:
activegood18 wrote:

Next week decision release date, does it apply to people who submitted application mid of May?

I think it depends on when in May that you applied, but next week's decision release date is for round 3 applicants.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Out of curiosity, has anyone who submitted FEMBA application in May received an interview invite?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Redmiata2019 wrote:
Out of curiosity, has anyone who submitted FEMBA application in May received an interview invite?

I applied mid-May and did not receive an interview. I reached out to admissions and they let me know that because I had already spoken to an admissions professional prior to applying (to ask questions, etc), I would not need an additional interview. Interviews this year are on a case-by-case basis because of COVID-19
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just saw the decision notification date change online to June 25. Has anyone heard anything about this?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I see that, too. Hmm... I haven't heard of anything about this and am wondering why the decision release date was pushed back. I was looking forward to this week...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
activegood18 wrote:
I just saw the decision notification date change online to June 25. Has anyone heard anything about this?

You’re right, I see that as well. Very strange considering all signs pointed to an early decision date. Maybe the extension is for the rolling applicants that applied mid-late May?

Anyone else have insight on this? Might be worth reaching out if we don’t hear anything by Friday.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I guess that answers the question of whether or not the rolling admissions was an unofficial 4th round or lumped into the 3rd round pool.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
activegood18 wrote:

This is very upsetting to see - I hope they address to applicants.
Current Student
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
This is interesting for debate on whether this is fair to students who have submitted their application on time. I'm all for support in having the 4th round, but I'd hope that decisions on that would've been made after 3rd round completion. Especially, after we waited so long already. 2020 is truly a variable year keeping us on our toes.

Bremners's guess is probably the most plausible explanation. I hope the rest of us Round 3-ers still get to hear by end of this week.

Originally posted by siralexj on 08 Jun 2020, 10:31.
Last edited by siralexj on 08 Jun 2020, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
This really isnt cool. Why set the expectation for sometime in May, and now do this?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
This makes no sense when the full time applicants have already heard back since the end of May and they have a 4th round too. Hopefully they provide an explanation behind this.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
mralexjho wrote:
This is interesting for debate on whether this is fair to students who have submitted their application on time. I'm all for support in having the 4th round, but I'd hope that decisions on that would've been made after 3rd round completion. Especially, after we waited so long already. 2020 is truly a variable year keeping us on our toes.

I completely agree with you. I am eager to know what adcom's reason was for this and what they did w/ round 3 and rolling admissions pools as a whole.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts