GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Aug 2020, 18:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all NYU Stern Part Time [Spring & Fall 2020 Intake] Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all NYU Stern Part Time [Spring & Fall 2020 Intake] Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2019, 20:58
Welcome all NYU PT Spring & Fall applicants. Let's use this platform to know each-other, exchange ideas, discuss app strategies, and some profile discussions may be? Give a shout out!

NYU Stern Decision Tracker & Historical Admit Data | Add NYU PT Spring to your profile

Spring Intake

Fall Intake

V
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Part Time [Spring & Fall 2020 Intake] Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

Application Deadlines

RoundApplication DeadlineInitial Notification* By
Spring 2020
R1September 15, 2019December 1, 2019
R2October 15, 2019January 1, 2020
R3November 15, 2019February 1, 2020
Fall 2020
R1February 15, 2020May 1st, 2020
R2April 1, 2020June 15, 2020
R3May 15, 2020Ongoing

Essay Questions

• Essay 1: Professional Aspirations (500 word maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font)
    • What are your short and long-term career goals?
    • How will the MBA help you achieve them?
  • Essay 2: Personal Expression (a.k.a. "Pick Six")
    Describe yourself to the Admissions Committee and to your future classmates using six images and corresponding captions. Your uploaded PDF should contain all of the following elements:
    • A brief introduction or overview of your "Pick Six" (no more than 3 sentences).
    • Six images that help illustrate who you are.
    • A one-sentence caption for each of the six images that helps explain why they were selected and are significant to you.
    Note: Your visuals may include photos, infographics, drawings, or any other images that best describe you. Your document must be uploaded as a single PDF. The essay cannot be sent in physical form or be linked to a website.
  • Essay 3: Additional Information (optional) (250 word maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font)
    Please provide any additional information that you would like to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee. This may include current or past gaps in employment, further explanation of your undergraduate record or self-reported academic transcript(s), plans to retake the GMAT, GRE, IELTS or TOEFL, or any other relevant information.

V
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Part Time [Spring & Fall 2020 Intake] Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

Class Profile

• Numbers Enrolled (Fall): 225
  • Numbers Enrolled (Spring): 124
  • Avg GMAT: 660 (Middle 80%: 610-720)
  • Avg GRE: 3.43
  • Avg WE: 5.5 (Range: 0-14)
  • Avg Age: 28

EQ Endorsements

Choosing Your Endorsers
  • You are required to submit two EQ Endorsements with your application.
  • One EQ Endorsement must come from your current supervisor. If you cannot include an endorsement from your current supervisor, you must provide an explanation in the online application.
  • The second EQ Endorsement may come from someone who knows you professionally and/or personally.
  • EQ Endorsements should come from individuals who can objectively assess your potential for success in NYU Stern's MBA program and in your future career, and who can act as a persuasive advocate of your EQ strengths.
  • Immediate family members should not write your EQ endorsement.
  • Submitting more than two EQ endorsements is not encouraged but is allowed. Please carefully consider whether additional endorsements add significant value and a new and unique perspective to your application.

EQ Endorsement Questions
Your endorsers will be asked to rate you on a number of abilities and qualities, as well as provide an answer to these five questions:
  • Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant's role in your organization.
  • How does the applicant's performance compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles (if applicable)? Please provide specific examples. (E.g. what are the applicant's principal strengths?)
  • Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response.
  • IQ+EQ is a core value of NYU Stern, and we seek exceptional individuals who possess both intellectual and interpersonal strengths. Emotional intelligence (EQ) skills such as self-awareness, empathy, communication and self-management are at the core of our community of leaders. Please provide one specific and compelling example to demonstrate the applicant's emotional intelligence.
  • (Optional) Is there anything else we should know?

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2019, 09:42
Hi! Has anyone who has applied to the spring 2020 part-time program heard anything back yet?
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2019, 21:14
mbahopeful1083 wrote:
Hi! Has anyone who has applied to the spring 2020 part-time program heard anything back yet?

mbahopeful1083 you can see the names of those who are applying and one who is admitted in the first post in this topic.
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2019, 23:14
mbahopeful1083 wrote:

As you can see there are just 3 people on the tracker of which one got admitted and the status of other two is unknown. I guess you applied to this program in R1, right?
Schools: Stern PT '23 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 2.81

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2019, 08:27
Put my app in yesterday for spring PT. 710 GMAT, 84 mo work history, current SaaS Marketing Manager. My biggest weakness is my undergrad GPA, 2.81. I started/stopped school a lot in my early twenties and didn't buckle down until my late twenties. Here's to hoping my GMAT score demonstrates my ability to handle the coursework.
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2019, 10:57
All the best with your application takeme2space

Your GMAT score of 710 highlights your ability to handle the coursework very well especially seeing that the average for the PT program at Stern is 665.

Keep the Forum informed of the next steps.

Once again, all the best.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2019, 19:03
Hi, has anyone heard back yet for Spring admission?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2019, 19:06
I have not but I only applied last week ... still can’t help checking my email and application status constantly. From what I’ve seen in years prior it takes about 4-5 weeks to hear back

When did you apply dd1133 ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 11:06
Any updates? I applied round 2, and am quite nervous that I have yet to hear anything back. I know the notification deadline isn't until Jan 1, but I'm feeling less and less confident by the days.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 11:43
epanon54321 wrote:
Any updates? I applied round 2, and am quite nervous that I have yet to hear anything back. I know the notification deadline isn't until Jan 1, but I'm feeling less and less confident by the days.

I'm R3 (applied 11/5) but also have not heard back. When did you apply?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 12:40
takeme2space wrote:
epanon54321 wrote:

I submitted 10/15. From reading the forums from previous years, I know the adcom definitely will use up the entire notification time. I'm just getting antsy and am wondering if others have already heard back.
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 23:13
takeme2space wrote:
epanon54321 wrote:

I believe this is R2
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 23:29
epanon54321 wrote:
takeme2space wrote:
epanon54321 wrote:

I submitted 10/15. From reading the forums from previous years, I know the adcom definitely will use up the entire notification time. I'm just getting antsy and am wondering if others have already heard back.

They are known to take their time. I submitted my application in R2 myself (for Full Time though) and have yet to hear back.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 04:47
Do rejections tend to come out later than admission offers or do they both come out around the same time? Not sure if AdComs is putting some applicants in the back burner to see if other candidates will accept first or not.

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 05:30
This is my personal opinion takeme2space

Stern reviews and announces decisions on a rolling basis. Holding out on rejects (unless they are a 100% sure they do not want that particular person on their turf) makes sense as they do have to make the class numbers.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 12:00
I was just admitted! I received an email stating a change in status on the portal. I applied 10/15.

Good luck to everyone!!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 12:04
epanon54321 wrote:
I was just admitted! I received an email stating a change in status on the portal. I applied 10/15.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Congratulations. What was your GMAT/GPA if you don't mind me asking?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 12:08
takeme2space wrote:
epanon54321 wrote:

Good luck to everyone!!!

Congratulations. What was your GMAT/GPA if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks! I applied through NYU+MBA, meaning I didn't have to submit scores. I did my undergrad at NYU. GPA 3.62.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Part Time [Spring & Fall 2020 Intake] Applicants   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2019, 12:08

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 152 posts ] 

Calling all NYU Stern Part Time [Spring & Fall 2020 Intake] Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status