Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:41 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE:Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.3
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Ask ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting [#permalink]
Thank you so much :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
akash tomar wrote:
Name : Akash Tomar, 30yrs, Indian, Male, GMAT-Yet to attempt

UG: B.E. Pune University, Agg – 64%
PG : M. Tech (Design Engineering), BITS Pilani GPA: 8.4
WExp: 9 yrs, Regional Manager – Sales and Marketing (3 promotion) at GKN Sinter Metals (11K Billion Pound Group)
Responsible for all OEM’s like Maruti Suzuki, Honda, Hero – All top automobile manufactures in India

Extracurricular : Basketball captain college team, Technical events participation

Post MBA goals: Consulting role or Sales and Marketing

Target: LBS, Oxford, Cambridge, INSEAD, HEC, Other Top Canadian School

Mainly handling a team for regular sales and new business development, handling top customer of my company and responsible for entire region sales. Can show savings in project for company total value will be in Millions $

1) What will be the ideal score required for getting in colleges listed above
2) Is my profile very common for the above colleges
3) I don’t have any experience working in non profit organization will that work against my profile for college I’m trying to get into
4) Is my profile suited for these type of colleges or should I target some other region / colleges

Hi Akash Tomar,

I love your profile as you can mention your clients which are famous automobile companies that everyone knows…
I also like your promotions (3, WOW!) and I am sure you have a lot of quantifiable achievements, well done!!

here are my answers to your question:
1) What will be the ideal score required for getting in colleges listed above
SW: Your school list seems competitive, but you will need 700+ to get into Oxford, Cambridge, HEC and the Top Canadian School and perhaps a bit higher for INSEAD / LBS!

2) Is my profile very common for the above colleges
SW: Uncommon – which is a good thing 😊

3) I don’t have any experience working in nonprofit organization will that work against my profile for college I’m trying to get into
SW: Your extracurricular activities (Basketball captain, Technical events participation) are great!
I wouldn’t be too worried about the volunteering, it is fine!

4) Is my profile suited for these type of colleges or should I target some other region / colleges
SW: As mentioned, great profile, just missing a GMAT and some stellar applications

Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps once you take the GMAT (then, send me your CV and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com)

GOOD LUCK!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Thanks Aringo team for such a great feedback :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 1156
Send PM
 • Indian
 • Male
 • Scores: 10th: 86%, 12th- 81.6%, Undergrad: 60% in Computer Science engineering (tier 3 college) -changed college after 1st year(health reasons).
GMAT: Target 760+.
 • Brief intro: Generalist background. Changed industries and functions many times to learn different skills.
 • Work experience: 7.5 years(till fall 2022).
Chronology-
1) 1 year: Software Engineer(fortune 100 MNC)selected despite lower GPA than cut off(service role, engaging with onsite team and clients, analytical nature of work). Great review.
2) 3 years: MBA admission consultant/Group discussion faculty/trainer for interview stage of Indian MBA programs selection process. 5/5 feedback.
3) 5 months: Sales(Indian edtech unicorn startup). Best in state for 2 weeks.
4) 2 years till date: Currently working for Government of India, as an Intelligence Officer in Intelligence Bureau(role is Indian equivalent to FBI agent of USA)-Collection of human intel from extremely remote and threatened areas with bootstrapped resources and multicultural manpower; completed special assignments as incharge for intel collection of an area with 2,50,000 population where dealt with 80,000 radicalized crowd and repercussions of Tablighi Jamaat COVID crisis (was in global news) in my area, advised local administration on partial/complete/lockdown/unlockdown, served as intel incharge of insurgency affected area-No. 2 commander surrendered after collaborated operation with police and army.
 • EC: Appeared in state media twice as student panelist, Freelance contributor to national daily(4 articles), Basic Mountaineering Course; Leadership roles -Student Placement Head in college(mentored and placed 40% batchmates); Organized, hosted(Public speaker) and managed multiple college events(30+). MLM alongwith graduation (lead 50 people team), Informal Community engagement(No NGO exp)-saving & feeding animals and birds; distributing clothes & food to the needy; mentoring students; currently assisting local religious community in collection of funds for developmental activities.
 • Achievements: Top essay contributor for national magazine(twice); Brilliant student medal in 8th standard, Top 1% in National Standard Examination in Chemistry in12th Standard, Won debates & GD in college(20+), All India rank 197 among 7,50,000 candidates in entrance exam of Intelligence Bureau.
Post MBA: Strategy Consulting (preferably MBB).
Target: H,S,W, INSEAD, LBS.
Q. Chances?
Q. Chances for MBB?
Send PM
Expert Reply
anandpranshu wrote:
Profile Evaluation for MBA 2022 Intake-
Indian / IIT Guwahati (Maths and Computing) - 2015/ Male / 27/ MBA from US School
GMAT: Yet to take (Target 760+ - mocks 750-780)
Undergrad: 9.36/10 CGPA in B.Tech Maths and Computing (IIT/Top 10 school) .

Work Experience:
Amazon Software Developer Summer Intern (got Pre-placement offer)
2 years Amazon Software Developer
1.25 year gap (working in family business and partly preparing for civil services)
2.5 years Software Lead US-based Unicorn startups (with clients of the likes of LinkedIn and AWS)
Taking responsibilities of program, tech and product manager for some projects, but no official position till now.

EC’s -
College Technical Inter-college Annual Event Chief Organizer
College: North India Regional head for tech events.
Involved in cultural committee of all the current and previous employers.

Post-MBA goals -
Short term: Tech consultancy or a product management role in big-tech.
Long term: Aim to start my own venture helping small business to leverage tech to focus on their core business; or to join a startup doing the same.

Dream Schools - Stanford/Wharton
Target schools - Booth/Sloan/Stern/Ross/Cornell/Ross/HaaS

Hi anandpranshu

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations

Academics – great undergraduate (IIT) and GPA!

GMAT - Well, if you score 750+ that would be WONDERFUL, but let’s see (if I had a penny for every time people told me they will score 770 😊)

Work Experience –Amazon brand is great! and if you can play on the family business (instead of the gap) that would be best!

Extracurricular activities – I love your volunteering. Hope you have some nice hobbies too 😊

School wish list – List seems reasonable – Stanford / Wharton probably a dream, but the others seem within your reach if you score a good GMAT and write some kick app applications (happy to help with that)

Career Goals - YES, PM and then founding a startup maybe? All good!

Let’s be in touch (shimriw@ARINGO.com) after your GMAT?
GOOD LUCK!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE:Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Thank you team! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Background and nationality: 23 years, Indian Male

Undergrad Information: 3.3/4 - B.Tech from NIT Trichy (Majors in Computer Science and Engineering and minors in Management) (Tier-I college, ranked 9 in the National Rankings of India)

GMAT: Haven’t given the exam yet (Aiming for 720+)

Work experience and leadership: 2 years (as of date)

Industrial experience:-
Software Engineer II, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (2 years+)
- Pilotted the Build System Verification Project
- Created documentations to help out freshers, Participate in Hackathons regularly)
- Participated in Hackathons condcuted by the company
Research and Development Intern, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (3 months)
- Pioneered the Triage automation Project which reduced the triage timing by more than 95%.
Software Development and Graphic Designer Intern, Skillveri Solutions Pvt. Ltd (3 months)
- Developed Windows Application and designed a reports engine from scratch for the product SkillVeri Aura
- Designed all the graphic icons used in the product
Data Analyst Intern, Technosoft Corporation Ltd. (2 months)
- Analysed and extracted patterns from the Denial Data set provided as part of the US Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management business

Undergraduate extracurriculars:-
Core Member and Head of Team Quality Assurance of Pragyan 2019, College’s Techno-managerial organisation
- Headed a team of 40 organisers; Responsible for 8+ patonages including UNESCO
- Responsible for acquisition of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 20121:2012
- Internal Quality Auditor for the ISO Certifications
Under-Secretary General of Quality Assurance for the MUN conducted by the Tech fest
Senior Graphic Designer of College’s Official Magazine, Cultural and Tech Fests, Department Symposiums
- Mentored close to 30 Junior Graphic Designers
Workshops Co-ordinator and Organising Committee Member in Cultural Fest
Student Secretary for the Univeristy hostel

High School:
Winner of the environmental quiz conducted by Petroleum Conservation and Research Organisation, Government of India Ltd.
Awarded Special Merit Certificate for outstanding performance and obtaining Grade A1 in AISSE 2013.
Awarded Special Merit Certificate for being among the top 0.1% of successful candidates in Mathematics of AISSCE 2015
Recipient of Academic Acheievement Scholarship for top 350 outstading performers in JEE offered by NLC Ltd
Recipient of INSPIRE Scholarship for being among the top 1% percent of

Graduation: 3.3/4; 12th grade: 94.5%; 10th grade: 100%

Community and others: Volunteering for chartity events & its fundraising events, Teaching kids at orphanages and conducting events for them, Mentoring incoming junior students

Post MBA goals: Tech Industry soon after MBA and entering into the entrpreneurship domain later down the line

Target: Top 15-20 Business Schools in USA
Send PM
Expert Reply
UtkarshAnand wrote:
 • Indian

Q. Chances?
Q. Chances for MBB?

Hi UtkarshAnand

You have such an interesting profile! And anything but a generalist 😊
    Academics – 60% may be good, or bad, so would love to understand your place in class? Is it top 15%? In which case, great!

GMAT – the unknown…

Work Experience –well, I need to here more about your MBA consulting days 😊 it really depends where and if the schools will see this as a good experience, or not…
    The other experiences sound super interesting, but you will need to tell a story and explain to the schools each gap and jump

Extracurricular activities – Lovely extra curriculums

School chances?
Well, I am missing too much info
- International experience?
- Leadership?
- Promotions?
- GMAT…
MBB chances – very high, if you just make it into these top schools 😊 (the difficult part about MBAs is getting in, the job part, after a top MBA is easier…)

All in all, sounds like you have a solid profile! Especially for LBS and INSEAD (HBS, Stanford, Wharton are obviously harder to get into, for any candidate).

Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps if you send me your GMAT score, CV and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32951 [0]
Given Kudos: 5780
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
Everyone, We have around 20 more minutes left in this chat session.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Revankumar wrote:
Graduation: 3.3/4; 12th grade: 94.5%; 10th grade: 100%

Community and others: Volunteering for chartity events & its fundraising events, Teaching kids at orphanages and conducting events for them, Mentoring incoming junior students

Post MBA goals: Tech Industry soon after MBA and entering into the entrpreneurship domain later down the line

Target: Top 15-20 Business Schools in USA

Revankumar hi,
YEs, you have a good career to date (and nice extracurriculars)
"all you need" is a high GMAT and great applications

Top 15 US schools - definitely doable! and your post MBA goals - great (although, when yu actually write the apps for the schools, you will need to be more specific than just "tech" ("Short-term I would like to be a Product Manager at Amazon in the cloud domain" is a good exmaple)

So, take your time, work on the GMAT, and perhaps gain one more year of experience before applying? that will help maximize your profile

GOOD LUCK!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 1156
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
UtkarshAnand wrote:
 • Indian

Q. Chances?
Q. Chances for MBB?

Hi UtkarshAnand

You have such an interesting profile! And anything but a generalist 😊
    Academics – 60% may be good, or bad, so would love to understand your place in class? Is it top 15%? In which case, great!

GMAT – the unknown…

Work Experience –well, I need to here more about your MBA consulting days 😊 it really depends where and if the schools will see this as a good experience, or not…
    The other experiences sound super interesting, but you will need to tell a story and explain to the schools each gap and jump

Extracurricular activities – Lovely extra curriculums

School chances?
Well, I am missing too much info
- International experience?
- Leadership?
- Promotions?
- GMAT…
MBB chances – very high, if you just make it into these top schools 😊 (the difficult part about MBAs is getting in, the job part, after a top MBA is easier…)

All in all, sounds like you have a solid profile! Especially for LBS and INSEAD (HBS, Stanford, Wharton are obviously harder to get into, for any candidate).

Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps if you send me your GMAT score, CV and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
Thanks a lot for your valuable comments.
Regards,
Utkarsh
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Thanks for your valuable comments
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
5 minutes are remaining in this chat.
Send PM
Expert Reply
OK, I will sign off now, BUT, ARINGO will be checking this chat room every ~24H so feel free to write here profile requests and worst case, we will check them out tomorrow :)
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
We are closing this chat session. Thank you ARINGO for your time and inputs. This was really a good session, We greatly appreciate it.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks everyone I really enjoyed the session today with very good profiles 😊
Don’t forget to check out our website on https://www.ARINGO.com (we have an exclusive discount for GMATClub users!)
As always, for private questions, I can be reached on shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK! And I wish you and your families health in this crazy period!
Shimri
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you everyone for joining us, This chat is officially over
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  62   63   64   65   66   67   68  ...  75