Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 17:46 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE 1: Engineering
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:Rice University, Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Rice (Jones), Emory (Goizueta), Washington (Olin), Indiana (Kelley)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Jones Business School (Rice) Applicants - Fall 2011 [#permalink]
First post for me, been lurking around for what feels like forever, definitely a great resource here. Glad to hear people talking about Rice, feels like the program is sometimes overlooked around the forums. I applied full-time in the first round and was accepted with a generous scholarship. I've visited a few times and have had nothing but great experiences, as hwc said, great facilities and it definitely feels close knit. I have to decide by friday as well...
Manager
Manager
Status:Rice University, Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business Class of 2013
Send PM
I accepted the Rice offer and sent them my deposit this morning. It was a difficult decision but at the end of the day it had the best "fit factor". I am very excited and glad this process is finally over!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2013
Send PM
I'm not applying to Jones, but I went to Rice as an undergrad and always seek the opportunity express my view on what a great place it is. The academics are absolutely top-notch, the facilities are great and the student body is extremely cohesive. I can't speak directly to the b-school, but if it is anything like the rest of the university you'll have an amazing two years at Jones.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
hwc2005 wrote:
I accepted the Rice offer and sent them my deposit this morning. It was a difficult decision but at the end of the day it had the best "fit factor". I am very excited and glad this process is finally over!

Congrats! I've been wondering if I should place Rice on my list. I'm thinking about getting into education management, and Rice offers a specific program for that (which I'm not eligible for though), and Houston seems like a great city. Hopefully you'll come back and offer up some insider notes on Jones once you're there!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
carriedinterest wrote:
I'm not applying to Jones, but I went to Rice as an undergrad and always seek the opportunity express my view on what a great place it is. The academics are absolutely top-notch, the facilities are great and the student body is extremely cohesive. I can't speak directly to the b-school, but if it is anything like the rest of the university you'll have an amazing two years at Jones.

Yeah, I had an amazing time when I visited and was very impressed with every aspect of the school. Everyone was extremely friendly. Just around campus, I would walk past students (probably undergrads) on the sidewalk and they would just randomly say hello. It was a type of friendliness I have never experienced before. Hopefully I enjoy my time at Rice as much as you did.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Tuck(WL), Cornell, Ross(Dinged), UCLA(Dinged), UNC(Accepted w/$$$), Tulane(Accepted w/$$$)
 Q48  V39
Send PM
For the guys who were accepted in R1:

In first place, congratulations!

I applied for R2 and I have some questions:

When did they invite you for interview? How many days after app deadline?

How and where was the interview?

Did you hear your acceptance only on the deadline? If not, how many days before it? By phone, email or application site status?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ekalil wrote:

Did you hear your acceptance only on the deadline? If not, how many days before it? By phone, email or application site status?

Thanks!

Thanks for the congrats. I'll go ahead and answer your questions.

I was invited for my interview the day after the Round 1 deadline.

My interview was on the Rice campus. It was pretty standard. Why MBA? Why Rice? Career goals? Team-oriented experiences? It was pretty casual and conversational in nature.

I received my acceptance the day before the actual "decision release date" and received a phone call and an email. The website also has a link to your admissions decision but it took a couple of days for that to post.

I hope this answered your questions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did anyone else accept their Rice offer? I know I'm not the only one...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hwc2005 wrote:

I believe Stat has an offer from Rice.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
With rolling admissions, the deadline for a particular round is not important. How long did it take to get an interview call after submitting the app ?

The round are just meant to have a system in place. It is not like other schools where they will not review the app until the deadline for the round.

hwc2005 wrote:
ekalil wrote:

Thanks!

My interview was on the Rice campus. It was pretty standard. Why MBA? Why Rice? Career goals? Team-oriented experiences? It was pretty casual and conversational in nature.

I received my acceptance the day before the actual "decision release date" and received a phone call and an email. The website also has a link to your admissions decision but it took a couple of days for that to post.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
adishail wrote:
With rolling admissions, the deadline for a particular round is not important. How long did it take to get an interview call after submitting the app ?

The round are just meant to have a system in place. It is not like other schools where they will not review the app until the deadline for the round.

hwc2005 wrote:
ekalil wrote:

Thanks!

I received my interview call on November 9 and submitted my application on October 20. The website says that if you submit your application before the deadline they address them on a rolling basis. However, being the Round 1 deadline was November 8 I guess I didn't receive that treatment.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
adishail wrote:
hwc2005 wrote:

I also saw some people on the UT forum with Rice offers a while back. However, since this forum is relatively new they might not be aware of it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
adishail wrote:
hwc2005 wrote:

Yes, I did received an offer, which I accepted last week. I'll echo hwc, it is certainly great to be finished with the application process. I've been in houston this weekend getting a feel for the city and buying some owl gear, definitely excited about moving down.

For those who are curious, I applied October 26, interview invite 11/8, interviewed on campus 11/19 and final decision was a phone call two days before the deadline.

The interview was actually a lot of fun for me, real conversational with a second year student. Basic questions, why MBA, why rice, leadership, teamwork. I found the experience to be very pleasant. I saw in a chat session once that rice interviews a big majority of applicants, so I think most people who apply will get an invite, but I may be mistaken.

Hope to see some of you guys in the fall.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Tuck(WL), Cornell, Ross(Dinged), UCLA(Dinged), UNC(Accepted w/$$$), Tulane(Accepted w/$$$)
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Stat wrote:
adishail wrote:
hwc2005 wrote:

Yes, I did received an offer, which I accepted last week. I'll echo hwc, it is certainly great to be finished with the application process. I've been in houston this weekend getting a feel for the city and buying some owl gear, definitely excited about moving down.

For those who are curious, I applied October 26, interview invite 11/8, interviewed on campus 11/19 and final decision was a phone call two days before the deadline.

The interview was actually a lot of fun for me, real conversational with a second year student. Basic questions, why MBA, why rice, leadership, teamwork. I found the experience to be very pleasant. I saw in a chat session once that rice interviews a big majority of applicants, so I think most people who apply will get an invite, but I may be mistaken.

Hope to see some of you guys in the fall.

Congrats Stat!

Did they offer you some scholarship?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ekalil wrote:

Congrats Stat!

Thanks for the congratulations ekalil, much appreciated! Rice did offer me a good amount of scholarship and it was definitely a deciding factor. I love Houston and Rice really seems like a great fit for me. If you got on the WL at Tuck I'd bet you stand a good chance at scholarship from Rice, I know they can pretty generous, especially in the early rounds.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Stat wrote:
ekalil wrote:

Congrats Stat!

Thanks for the congratulations ekalil, much appreciated! Rice did offer me a good amount of scholarship and it was definitely a deciding factor. I love Houston and Rice really seems like a great fit for me. If you got on the WL at Tuck I'd bet you stand a good chance at scholarship from Rice, I know they can pretty generous, especially in the early rounds.

That's great news, Stat! It looks like we're classmates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi guys i submitted my application on dec 1st gave my interview on dec 20th ... i am still waiting on the results?? On rolling basis admissions how lng do they take??
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16