Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 12:01 It is currently 13 May 2024, 12:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Stanford School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [2]
Given Kudos: 86
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [3]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q44 V51
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 790 Q51 V50
GPA: 3.65
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
Congrats to all fellow Indians who received an invite. Best of luck all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 790 Q51 V50
GPA: 3.65
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
pranks12 wrote:
Hi

Did anyone recieve interview invite for the second round ? I am still waiting and the invites deadline is 3'rd March so wondering if they have sent the major chunk and would release the reject status on 3'rd.

Regds
Priyanka

Hi Priyanka,
All the folks here discussing about an Invite are round 2 applicants... It's true that it seems that a lot of folks have already received invite but there's no need to lose hope. Stanford does truly roll invites up until the 11th hour on 3rd March... so hang in there!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey guys,

Recently had my Stanford interview with an alum. Thought it went well — perhaps some questions I could've answered better, but he was very friendly and we had a great conversation. I sent him a nice thank you email the day after the interview, but haven't received a response. Is this something to be worried about, or normal? Kind of nerve-racking... thought he'd at least say "great to meet you as well"

Thanks for your help guys!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
Send PM
Kudos
healthcaredude wrote:
Hey guys,

Recently had my Stanford interview with an alum. Thought it went well — perhaps some questions I could've answered better, but he was very friendly and we had a great conversation. I sent him a nice thank you email the day after the interview, but haven't received a response. Is this something to be worried about, or normal? Kind of nerve-racking... thought he'd at least say "great to meet you as well"

Thanks for your help guys!

It's the stress talking :)
Not all people would respond to such an email, and besides, he could have been really busy when he got the mail so he just forgot about it. Don't over think it.

In GSB, you really can't tell by the way the interview went whether you did well or not.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Thanks for the response :)

Definitely am letting the stress get to my head.

Any idea what separates the ~12% who interview down to the ~6% accepted?

In other words, what is it that distinguishes those 50% accepted from the interview pool?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
I guess that after all it's just like in the rest of the schools.
You have to show that you have great English, that you're not a psycho, that you trully are who you wrote you were in the application and to see that what you wrote as your goals are your real goals. I think that they also invited the ones whom they wanted to hear more about, as far as I understood from my interviewer, he got 5 questions from GSB to ask me and the rest were follow up questions he came up with. They want to know things about us in order to know more and to understand about our fit and our goals better.
That's why a good interview doesn't mean acceptance. We might give good answers, but not what GSB hoped to hear
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
healthcaredude wrote:
Thanks for the response :)

Definitely am letting the stress get to my head.

Any idea what separates the ~12% who interview down to the ~6% accepted?

In other words, what is it that distinguishes those 50% accepted from the interview pool?

Hi there heathcaredude - GSB interviews are not meant to be the last test that we need to nail to get in. Unfortunately, most of our fate are probably determined prior to the interviews (meaning, our stories, experiences, passions, perspectives, and potential added-value to the GSB). Interviews allow AdCom to confirm what they've learned about us as applicants, but even if 80% of interviewees did great, there are still limited spots available and they need to craft a diverse class. I've seen friends with stellar interviews (and their interviewers responded to their thank you notes) who were denied eventually and honestly, luck plays a big factor. Sooo, just enjoy the next 28 days. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 4
Send PM
I can hardly wait for march 24th :/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
You mean March 25th :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.96
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
So, given that 5% of GSB R2 applicants on this site have been extended interview invites, and that 12% received invites in round 1 (which is probably pretty close to GSB's overall average), would it be a safe assumption to say that we are still looking at about 50% more of the total invitations to be going out in the next week or so? Or am I off on something. I'd say that, generally speaking, 275 people seems like a reasonable sample size to be basing this off of, but i could be wrong.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Cartman4179 wrote:
So, given that 5% of GSB R2 applicants on this site have been extended interview invites, and that 12% received invites in round 1 (which is probably pretty close to GSB's overall average), would it be a safe assumption to say that we are still looking at about 50% more of the total invitations to be going out in the next week or so? Or am I off on something. I'd say that, generally speaking, 275 people seems like a reasonable sample size to be basing this off of, but i could be wrong.

I was wondering the same thing. It looks like 15 interview invites so far- right? Out of 275. That just seems super low, unless the majority of people on here aren't reporting.

I'm hoping a huge batch will come out in the next few days, but at the same time I don't want to convince myself that that will be the case! Either way-I'm looking forward to having some certainty by March 3rd :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.96
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
targetlady wrote:
Cartman4179 wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. It looks like 15 interview invites so far- right? Out of 275. That just seems super low, unless the majority of people on here aren't reporting.

I'm hoping a huge batch will come out in the next few days, but at the same time I don't want to convince myself that that will be the case! Either way-I'm looking forward to having some certainty by March 3rd :)

Well, my thing is that if you look at historical data, whether that be R1 2017, R1 2016, or R2 2016, they all seem to fall in that 12-14% range for people invited to interview. Any biases against reporting an interview, etc, would have also applied to those rounds as well. The fact that they are all so tightly clustered makes me think that eventually R2 2017 will round out at that 12-14% number as well. So I'd say that we've got another 50-60% of the R2 invites still to come. That's going to be quite a few going out in just a weeks time though. For me personally, I would honestly be okay with even getting an interview and not getting accepted (although don't get me wrong, I definitely want to get in). Just getting the interview would at least make me feel a bit better/more confident about some of the other schools over the course of the next month or so. Here's to hoping the next week is a fruitful one!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
got the invite yesterday while in a car. i think my reaction scared the driver......
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
EntMBA wrote:
You mean March 25th :)

I've heard DB calls the day before?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Slow to join the party ....getting ready for my next interview this week. I received my Stanford GSB interview on Feb 18. I think it really depends on the order in which your app was submitted. I submitted mine on Jan 3rd. I recall a while back that I received an email from the GSB saying that they are processing the apps based on the order in which it was received. Also, I am a Chinese American, so for my Asian fellas still waiting, there is still hope!

Best of luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Friends, When I was just about to give up my hope on Stanford (the only school I applied to, for personal reasons), I got interview invite and then a follow-up saying that they are gonna interview me at GSB Admissions office. I know it is typical of Stanford to conduct interviews via GSB Alumni, will it still be the case with me? Or will it be someone from AdCom? If so, I wonder what kind of questions do they ask? I appreciate any tips. Thanks. FYI, I'm an indian citizen living in bay area on green-card. Work in a small vc company.

Szybe.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
EntMBA wrote:
I guess that after all it's just like in the rest of the schools.
You have to show that you have great English, that you're not a psycho, that you trully are who you wrote you were in the application and to see that what you wrote as your goals are your real goals. I think that they also invited the ones whom they wanted to hear more about, as far as I understood from my interviewer, he got 5 questions from GSB to ask me and the rest were follow up questions he came up with. They want to know things about us in order to know more and to understand about our fit and our goals better.
That's why a good interview doesn't mean acceptance. We might give good answers, but not what GSB hoped to hear

Hi EntMBA, do you know what the 5 standard questions are? Thanks in advance.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  61   62   63   64   65   66   67  ...  87   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts