Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 12:44 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V45
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V45
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request / question [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey superavitfiscal,

Sad to hear about your job. Looking at your GMAT specifically, 750 seems a very decent score. Your GPA also aligns well to demonstrate your academic potential. Coming to your work experience, we would need a detailed description of your roles and responsibilities and impact generated from your end. Any specific tasks you’ve undertaken which help you make a significant contribution and stand out from the pool of applicants. Regarding your question of being unemployed during your admission process, I would recommend taking up a job at a small local bank until you cannot find a decent role. Considering the global scenario, it isn’t really your fault. I would recommend you to focus and work on your strengths and try creating an impact on the AdComs. Also a quick suggestion about your Post-MBA goals, I would recommend elaborating on your goals and highlighting the need of an MBA and how the school will help you achieve your goals. A lot of applicants do not focus on aligning themselves to the schools, however it is a very important aspect and must be thoroughly worked upon.

If you have any further queries regarding your profile or the schools you are targeting, feel free to schedule a call with us at your convenience.

Have Low GMAT or GPA- Let's discuss how to get into Top business schools

Cheers!
MBA and Beyond

Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

superavitfiscal wrote:
Hi all,

I am a second year Investment Banking analyst working in a LatAm office for that Swiss bank that got acquired...

Given the news, it is probable that I will be out of a job in a few months. The context for recruiting for other banks is not the best right now in my country. I will probably have to transition to a corporate development (or local small boutique bank) role before applying to MBA this coming cycle

My concern is what happens if I am unemployed during application process / interviews. Would this hurt my chances significantly? I can always say that the reason I got fired had nothing to do with my performance and that I am currently recruiting for other roles but I don't know how this will be perceived by an admissions officer

My other concern is how good are my chances for H/S/W (or M7 in general). Would like to know how I stand. A brief background:

-Latino male, 25 yr old

-Went to college in my home country, 3.74 GPA (converted to US standard, raw number is 9.21 / 10)

-Currently 3.5yrs work experience, 4 yrs by the time of application and 5 yrs by the time the program starts

-Worked 2yrs as an analyst for this IB in the LatAm office (participated in a couple of big deals in the region), 1-yr in a $700m AuM local PE shop before that

-EC's: 3 years experience in a mentorship program for high school students for an international organization

-750 GMAT (took the exam in March 2021, would this hurt my chances at all?)

-Post MBA goals: Investment banking in NYC

Appreciate any responses

Thanks,
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile evaluation request / question [#permalink]