GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2019, 04:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Selecting B-schools for 15 years experienced professional

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User
Selecting B-schools for 15 years experienced professional  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2019, 21:31
Hello,

I am planning to take a break from my work and do a one year full-time MBA in Entrepreneurship. I am however not sure which B-schools would be ideal for candidates (like me) who have 15 years work experience. Most of the schools I checked have an average age (class) between 27 - 30 years.

I am also looking for advise on which MBA programmes would be most beneficial to me since I already have 3 years of managerial experience - Regular MBA or an Executive/Advanced MBA program.

Thanks in advance.

Sudheer
Director
Director
G
Re: Selecting B-schools for 15 years experienced professional  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2019, 23:15
MBA after 30 is indeed tricky gnsudheer. Read here.

For EMBAs, you don't really need to take a break.

The Sloan Fellows programs would be ideal to pursue; read here more about them.

Cheers,

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 02:01
EMBA is part-time however indeed the Sloan Fellows programs, full-time, would be ideal for a mid-career professional (Sloan Fellows at MIT and Stanford MSx.) Less competitive is the BEAR program at USC. Not sure how old you are but you might consider 1 year programs if you are under 36, I would say. Also, European schools might surprise you a bit, HEC has an average age of 30. But you would need to choose career goals that really make sense for someone your age; on campus recruitment is unlikely.
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 23:46
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
EMBA is part-time however indeed the Sloan Fellows programs, full-time, would be ideal for a mid-career professional (Sloan Fellows at MIT and Stanford MSx.) Less competitive is the BEAR program at USC. Not sure how old you are but you might consider 1 year programs if you are under 36, I would say. Also, European schools might surprise you a bit, HEC has an average age of 30. But you would need to choose career goals that really make sense for someone your age; on campus recruitment is unlikely.

Thank you Farrell for your advice.

I am 36 and I have more than 10 years experience in retail and supply chain. I would like to leverage my expertise and start my own. Would a regular MBA help me achieve my goal?

Regards,
Sudheer
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2019, 00:20
To be very honest, I'm not really so sure I would go that route, leaving a regular salary, taking on debt, and hoping for the best. I think I would do an EMBA or maybe no MBA - just obtain a mentor who is a serial entrepreneur and has some VC connections. At your age I think I would do this on the side if possible like your passion project. I mean if you have a high risk tolerance and money to burn it's one way to go, but most new businesses fail and so I would absolutely validate your concept, maybe with with SCORE to get some initial feedback google SCORE small business

gnsudheer wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Thank you Farrell for your advice.

I am 36 and I have more than 10 years experience in retail and supply chain. I would like to leverage my expertise and start my own. Would a regular MBA help me achieve my goal?

Regards,
Sudheer

Re: Selecting B-schools for 15 years experienced professional   [#permalink] 03 Feb 2019, 00:20

Selecting B-schools for 15 years experienced professional

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: DigitsnLetters