Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:00 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Selecting B-schools for 15 years experienced professional [#permalink]
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
EMBA is part-time however indeed the Sloan Fellows programs, full-time, would be ideal for a mid-career professional (Sloan Fellows at MIT and Stanford MSx.) Less competitive is the BEAR program at USC. Not sure how old you are but you might consider 1 year programs if you are under 36, I would say. Also, European schools might surprise you a bit, HEC has an average age of 30. But you would need to choose career goals that really make sense for someone your age; on campus recruitment is unlikely.

Thank you Farrell for your advice.

I am 36 and I have more than 10 years experience in retail and supply chain. I would like to leverage my expertise and start my own. Would a regular MBA help me achieve my goal?

Regards,
Sudheer
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
To be very honest, I'm not really so sure I would go that route, leaving a regular salary, taking on debt, and hoping for the best. I think I would do an EMBA or maybe no MBA - just obtain a mentor who is a serial entrepreneur and has some VC connections. At your age I think I would do this on the side if possible like your passion project. I mean if you have a high risk tolerance and money to burn it's one way to go, but most new businesses fail and so I would absolutely validate your concept, maybe with with SCORE to get some initial feedback google SCORE small business

gnsudheer wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
EMBA is part-time however indeed the Sloan Fellows programs, full-time, would be ideal for a mid-career professional (Sloan Fellows at MIT and Stanford MSx.) Less competitive is the BEAR program at USC. Not sure how old you are but you might consider 1 year programs if you are under 36, I would say. Also, European schools might surprise you a bit, HEC has an average age of 30. But you would need to choose career goals that really make sense for someone your age; on campus recruitment is unlikely.

Thank you Farrell for your advice.

I am 36 and I have more than 10 years experience in retail and supply chain. I would like to leverage my expertise and start my own. Would a regular MBA help me achieve my goal?

Regards,
Sudheer
GMAT Club Bot