Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
GMAT 1: 500 Q32 V28
GPA: 4
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Affiliations: Economist GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: 4 months of studying and still no progress [#permalink]
BethEconomistGMAT wrote:
It sounds like you might need a better strategy for debriefing after your practice exams.

After you take a simulation test (sim test), don’t forget to debrief! You can improve your study strategy immensely by simply debriefing after each simulation test. Debriefing means taking the time to examine your score assessment and using the information to develop a strategic plan for improving your score.

You should conduct a debriefing soon after each test while the test questions are still fresh in your mind. A good debriefing can take almost as long as the test itself.

Look at each question in your score assessment carefully, and determine why you answered it correctly or not. If you answered it incorrectly, what could you have done differently? It’s no use making sweeping statements like “I will pay more attention during studying.” It’s much more valuable to tell yourself tips like “I must remember to plug in negative and positive numbers in inequalities.”

Also, take a look at your time management strategy. Which types of questions took longer? On which questions did you spend too little time?

Another tip: look for recurring patterns within each test. Do your areas of weakness remain the same from test to test? If so, you may not be reviewing these topics properly. This may be a sign that you should schedule a one-to-one tutor session about this subject.

Don’t forget to document your debriefing sessions so you can read your notes before your next simulation test. Good luck!

It sounds really helpful. Thanks a lot!!!!! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
BethEconomistGMAT wrote:
It sounds like you might need a better strategy for debriefing after your practice exams.

After you take a simulation test (sim test), don’t forget to debrief! You can improve your study strategy immensely by simply debriefing after each simulation test. Debriefing means taking the time to examine your score assessment and using the information to develop a strategic plan for improving your score.

You should conduct a debriefing soon after each test while the test questions are still fresh in your mind. A good debriefing can take almost as long as the test itself.

Look at each question in your score assessment carefully, and determine why you answered it correctly or not. If you answered it incorrectly, what could you have done differently? It’s no use making sweeping statements like “I will pay more attention during studying.” It’s much more valuable to tell yourself tips like “I must remember to plug in negative and positive numbers in inequalities.”

Also, take a look at your time management strategy. Which types of questions took longer? On which questions did you spend too little time?

Another tip: look for recurring patterns within each test. Do your areas of weakness remain the same from test to test? If so, you may not be reviewing these topics properly. This may be a sign that you should schedule a one-to-one tutor session about this subject.

Don’t forget to document your debriefing sessions so you can read your notes before your next simulation test. Good luck!

I have another question: how should I set my arguments review up if I have too many arguments to recheck?
I have the impression that it would be more useful now to practice instead keeping studying...
GMAT Club Bot