Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 552 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
Awesome... Congratz robin.

Putting in the effort to scre 700+ knowing well that 500 odd is going to be enough is an inspiration in itself to others.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
[#permalink]
wow..congrats...an awsome score
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ravshonbek wrote:
tinman1412 wrote:
Congrats !!. That's awesome. Just curious, how long was your preparation time?

Congrats, that's a nice score. u gotta go to Wharton or HBS

As a human being get older and older, the thinking(mainly analytical) thing gets older than his age. I think yours is too young.
What is your profession?

I'd love to go somewhere like that! Unfortunately there's the mortgage, son in high school, daughter in college.........like I said, if I was 25 again....

I don't know about the analytical thinking getting older than your age, tho. I think it's a "use it or lose it" phenomenon. I think a person with a well-exercised brain will continue for most of his life to increase in reasoning ability, until he reaches a point where pathological aging sets in. The key here is to use it!

As for my profession, my B.S. (which I got at age 40) is in horticulture, and I'm currently working in a middle-management position (propagation department manager) at a large wholesale nursery. My goal is to become a GM or higher.

I started my GMAT prep in May.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
:P Kudos Robin!

I am both in awe and absolute admiration. In roughly 2 months, you have managed to do what many of us younger folks have been striving for quite a while. My heartiest congratulations once again. I'm in a similar situation from a scoring perspective, my verbal is consistently stronger (39-44) but my quant needs polishing up (currently at 31-33). Any advice or suggestions I should undertake in the next 13 days? :-D

Congrats once again on your fantastic achievement!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well done Robin. Great Score. Congrats :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
AK79 wrote:
:P Kudos Robin!

I am both in awe and absolute admiration. In roughly 2 months, you have managed to do what many of us younger folks have been striving for quite a while. My heartiest congratulations once again. I'm in a similar situation from a scoring perspective, my verbal is consistently stronger (39-44) but my quant needs polishing up (currently at 31-33). Any advice or suggestions I should undertake in the next 13 days? :-D

Congrats once again on your fantastic achievement!

Thanks for the kind words!
Because of the nature of the CAT, it's hard to predict what kinds of problems you're likely to get on the quant. I think the book that helped me the most was Princeton Math Workout - got it at the local bookstore. You might also look for a quick, basic algebra review (I used a 9th grade homeschool course, but the bookstores might have something) If I were you I would really try to get a handle on number properties (odd/even, positive/negative). This forum is a great place to find a wide variety of problems, but many that you will see here you are not likely to encounter unless you're headed for a very high quant score. I spent a lot of time learning probability/combinations/permutations - only saw 1 very basic probability question on the actual test. So I wouldn't even worry about that if I were you, at least not until you have a good handle on number properties and basic algebra/geometry. (You definitely will need to know how to find the area of a circle!)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
 Q50  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nice job Robin! Did you notice anything about the difficulty of the verbal? Did they start to test for split infinitives and the like?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1598 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just thought of something. I don't know where I heard it from, maybe some movie.

"Hats off gentlemen. What a genious!"

Congrats on your score. You really inspired me and motivated me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
[#permalink]
That's an awesome score !!! :woohoo
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2918 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
 Q50  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
All credit to you, hats- off Robin!

At 25 I am struggling with my motivation to prepare for the test :)
a few things to learn form you...:)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
HUGE congrats Robin in NC!!! Wow, I didn't know you were going for 500+ pts, part time, and had two kids! That's a very inspiring story and a wonderful score! I wish you would consider a full time MBA, but you're right, it would be very hard for you to do so in your situation. But I'm sooo proud of you! Great work!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 158 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats, well balanced score :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
StartupAddict wrote:
Nice job Robin! Did you notice anything about the difficulty of the verbal? Did they start to test for split infinitives and the like?

The SC's covered a pretty wide gamit. Honestly at this point it's hard for me to remember specific questions. But I know they went beyond the basics of tenses and pronoun reference. There were some pretty long SC's.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
720 and You make it sound so easy :-D

Congratulations !!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Robin in NC wrote:
StartupAddict wrote:

The SC's covered a pretty wide gamit. Honestly at this point it's hard for me to remember specific questions. But I know they went beyond the basics of tenses and pronoun reference. There were some pretty long SC's.

I just would like to note, that I had an SC question were I am 99% sure "being" was in the correct answer choice. so it just goes to show you once you hit the 40 mark in V you need to know more than just the basic tricks.

Also, some of the hardest SC questions (IMHO) can be the ones where only a few words are underlined... as you don't get many clues as to what could be wrong in the answer choices. so don't freak out if you see an SC on the test with only a few words underlined.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Awesome Robin !!! Congrats !
My verbal speed is very slow.Can u give me some tips to improve it ?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts