Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools:The University of Texas at Austin
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
Schools:Baruch / Zicklin
 V3
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 891 [0]
Concentration: Strategy - Finance
 Q49  V36
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations man . !!! You did it

Thanks for all the help you're providing here. Can you please elaborate more on the RC hints and skills ?
Current Student
 Q48  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks guys! I'm already neck deep in apps but I feel like they're going pretty well thus far. We will see I suppose.

Something just crossed my mind: all told, I've probably dropped close to $2000 on GMAT prep. The strength of the Euro has helped but still... dang. Don't get me wrong, it was worth every penny, that's just a lot of loot.
Current Student
 Q48  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Mishari wrote:
Congratulations man . !!! You did it

Thanks for all the help you're providing here. Can you please elaborate more on the RC hints and skills ?

You got it. This may be better suited for the Verbal sub-forum but I'll let the mods make the switch if they so desire.

With CR and RC, you're looking for the "Golidlocks" answer. It's the answer that isn't too big and isn't too small. It's the one that "just right." The wrong CR and RC answers almost always fall into one of the following categories:

- Too specific. The answer is in the ballpark but focuses too narrowly.
- Too general. Same as above but it's too wide.
- Too extreme. These answers are amongst the most seductive. They sound great but usually have words like "never," "always," "all" in them. They take the right idea and they push it too far.
- Exact opposite. Also very seductive on harder problems. These problem have all the right words, right ideas, but they answer the opposite question. These answers tend to pop up on EXCEPT questions and on long-winded passages that throw in a lot of negations.
- Besides the point entirely. These are the easiest to spot as they are out of scope of the passage. They can still be tempting, however, when you start to overuse your brain (one small assumption may make this qnswer right BUT it's not in the passage and therefor wrong).

Using the Goldilocks method works best when you've narrowed the answer choices down to two or three.

When beginning a problem, READ THE QUESTION FIRST and attempt to logically predict the answer as your read the passage. If it says weaken, think about what will weaken the argument before you even get to the answers.

That's a quick re-cap of what the tutor taught me and it definitely helped. Granted, I'm not a high 40 V scorer but this strategy raised my very mediocre 34 into the 40s.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts