Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 6043 [0]
Given Kudos: 543
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Re: 760 (Q49 V45) - Great Result - Warning to MGMAT Users [#permalink]
fozzzy wrote:
How many MGMAT mocks did you take and what were the quant / verbal scores?

I only did one full MGMAT all-sections mock test and got Q38 V38. I did two more quant mocks (not doing essay, IR or verbal, but sitting full 75 min quant session) and got Q38 and Q31
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 6043 [0]
Given Kudos: 543
Send PM
mdoll14 wrote:
fozzzy wrote:

I only did one full MGMAT all-sections mock test and got Q38 V38. I did two more quant mocks (not doing essay, IR or verbal, but sitting full 75 min quant session) and got Q38 and Q31

How would you rate their verbal section compared to the real GMAT From what I've heard their RC passages are longer than the real thing..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
fozzzy wrote:
mdoll14 wrote:
fozzzy wrote:

How would you rate their verbal section compared to the real GMAT From what I've heard their RC passages are longer than the real thing..

I noticed that a bit, but what really caught me on the MGMAT verbal was the sentence correction. It seemed a bit trickier than what I encountered on official questions. The same may be said of the other two question types as well - a bit trickier. I definitely felt that several of my wrong answers were not explained convincingly as to why the 'right' answer was better. So, overall, MGMAT verbal tougher/trickier and maybe a little more time-consuming than the real thing, but not to the degree I experienced with quant.

However, I didn't dive into MGMAT verbal as much as I did with quant. I was very comfortable with GMAT verbal early on (I"m a native English speaker with strong language skills) and did well on my first practice tests & initial practice questions from the OG. So, I didn't spend as much time practicing - more just fine tuning & staying sharp.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts