Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:55 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 930 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 930 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
They do not take away your scratch paper, but if you take the break you need to exit the room and leave your scratch paper behind. Once you are back at the computer, the proctor logs you back in and the clock start ticking.

I suppose if you finish the AWA or Quant sections early you can draw grids.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
not sure [#permalink]
At my test center they didn't mention anything about test takers having to leave their desk during breaks. After I finished the quant and my break began I spent a minute looking through the work I had done on the math section. The proctor only approached me when I raised my hand. So if your test center is like mine then I imagine you could do your abcde grids during your break.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
Re: not sure [#permalink]
johnnyx9 wrote:
At my test center they didn't mention anything about test takers having to leave their desk during breaks. After I finished the quant and my break began I spent a minute looking through the work I had done on the math section. The proctor only approached me when I raised my hand. So if your test center is like mine then I imagine you could do your abcde grids during your break.

There seems to be a lot of discrepancy among testing centers and what timing issues are and aren't allowed.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1133 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
They do not take away your scratch paper, but if you take the break you need to exit the room and leave your scratch paper behind. Once you are back at the computer, the proctor logs you back in and the clock start ticking.

I suppose if you finish the AWA or Quant sections early you can draw grids.

You are right but this is what I did:

1. Took the 7 minute break
2. I asked the proctor to enter her password and leave the workstation without clicking on OK button. I told her that I want to relax before starting.
3. For next three remaining minutes of break I made the grid and relaxed.
4. When 20 seconds were remaining in teh break, I clicked on OK button and I was on the screen where you read some instructions etc. This screen is timed and will be there for 1 minute. You can also utilize this 1 minute for relaxation.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Question:

When a section ends, what happens next? Do you have to raise your hand to start your break or simply get up and leave? Does the 10 minute time break begin right away? Does the proctor have to sign you out?

When you get back, the proctor signs you in, then clicks ok to start? Is there a timer on the screen to let you know at all times how much time is left in the break?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts