Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28569 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1367 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Best Online Course for GMAT [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Jisha,

The first thing you need to do after you have decided to give the GMAT is to learn as much about it as you can.
You can go through the mba.com and understand what the GMAT is all about, what is tested and how it is tested.

There are three major portions of your preparation:

1. Fundamentals and concepts building
2. Practice Questions
3. CATs

1. Fundamentals and concepts building: How you want to work on this area depends on the type of student are. If you are self motivated and determined, then you can go for text books and learn from them. If not, then you should go for an online course. All the good prep companies including ours give you a free trial. Try to use the trial period and find which one is the best for you.
Also, try to stick to only one course that you choose. The teaching styles of people are different and referring to many courses might not be beneficial.

2. Practice Questions: The more you practice the better. But having said that, make sure that you do not practice from unidentified sources and they harm you preparation more than they improve it. Solve all the official questions from the OG, Verbal Guide.

3. CATs: This is as important as it can get. You can learn all the concepts you can and solve all the problems. But if you do not have the right exam temperament, there are high chances that you will not be able to do well on the test (of course there are exceptions always). Always attempt a full CAT including the AWA and the IR portion.

In addition to a preparatory course, I would recommend you to buy the Exam Pack 1 and Question Pack1 from mba.com

As a first step, I agree with Mike, take the diagnostic test and identify your weak areas and then work on them
Broad areas are:
Quants: PS and DS
Verbal: SC, RC and CR

Follow a study plan. You can find them here: gmat-study-plan-how-to-start-your-gmat-prep-80727.html?fl=menu

All the best!
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [1]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Re: Best Online Course for GMAT [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi,

While looking for a course there's the obvious factors that one looks for - cost, content and teachers. But I'd recommend that you look for some other factors as well.

1. Look for a course that not only teaches you concepts but also teaches you the application of these concepts. GMAT is a test of application skills and as such this is a crucial factor. A course that teaches you a structured way of solving questions is very important if you want to score 700+.

2. It should provide you with a clear and structured study plan. Your focus should be only on learning and not struggling with what and how to study. Look for a course that provides you with the guidance for the same.

3. It should give you detailed feedback on your performance and show you exactly where you can improve

4. It should offer doubt solving support along with dedicated mentors who guide you throughout your GMAT journey

The best way to decide is by going through the free trial offered by most test prep companies before taking a call.

I would recommend that you check out the free trial of GMATWhiz. It provides an AI powered learning platform that comes with a comprehensive amount of content and an integrated study plan that is completely personalized for you. Furthermore, the platform provides real time insights on your performance, highlighting your strengths and weaknesses while providing a road map to improvement. You can do that here -> https://learn.gmatwhiz.com/?page=signup

Feel free to reach out in case of any queries!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Kudos
all though the thread is quite old, I will share my experience in case someone's trying to find the answer now in 2022/2023.

Firstly there's no one size fits all, and considering this fact all major courses offer a small trial period. Either you have to pay a small amount for it or sometimes even free. I tried the trial version of TTP and EGMAT and found TTP suited me better. Now it is difficult to compare both exhaustively because I just used EGMAT for a very limited time, but I have been using TTP for the last few months and can share my experience with it.

1. The course is pretty exhaustive, covers a lot, and is from a very basic stage. The first quant chapter is called essential skills for GMAT and focuses on basic but crucial skills (like comparing decimals and fractions etc)
2. I liked the approach of doing verbal and quant simultaneously, that way never felt am just doing verbal need to focus on quant or vice versa. Also the chance of getting monotomous gets reduced through this. It suited me
3. The exams are nice, got easy, medium, and advanced - 3 categories and sets the target score for each section depending on your final target.
GMAT Club Bot