Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:06 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [1]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Re: Booth vs. Darden vs. Fuqua EMBA [#permalink]
bb Thanks for the reply!

Given the current economic environment I'm not super confident I'll be able to secure full sponsorship. I thought the tax benefits were capped at a much lower amount? Someone else at my firm is going to one of the schools I was admitted to, I'll connect with them and see if they secured sponsorship. I'm willing to pay a lot out of pocket but I feel need to be confident that I'll significantly increase my salary over the next 5-10 years to make it worthwhile.

As far as goals are concerned, I'm pretty confident I can gain a promotion with the next year or so. I'd apply any salary increase directly to tuition/loans. Long term though, I don't think there's much room to grow beyond another promotion at best and that's if my boss is promoted. My sister lives in Chicago, so I'm definitely willing to move there which is another reason Booth has the edge. There are so many CPG/eCommerce and tech companies based there or have a huge office.

re: diversity, I mainly looked at the class profiles. When I originally looked at Booth, gender split was closer to 80% men to 20% women. Darden/Fuqua had a higher % of women. Also, both Darden & Fuqua had more D&I questions on their application. Not sure if that ends up having an impact on class profile but was surprised that Booth didn't ask similar questions. It's not a huge deal, but all things being equal might have tipped the scales.

I took the EA. I originally planned on taking the GMAT but was scoring poorly on practice exams and couldn't find the time to thoroughly prepare. I bought the 4 month TTP package and it took a month to just get through 3 chapters. I do think overall the EA is easier, especially with the quant questions more business oriented.
Masters of Science Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Send PM
just now
First off, congratulations on your admits! Booth, Darden and Fuqua are phenomenal schools!

I am a current MSQM: BA student at Duke (Fuqua). I was like you and I had a less than stellar undergrad (3.1 GPA) and then I did an MBA at a small state school here in Oklahoma. I opted for my program because Dean Boulding and others claim the MSQM is a more technical MBA essentially. I have similar core business courses (strategy, marketing, account and finance) but my other courses are made up of analytics courses such as Programming for Data Analytics and Visualization, Empirical Analysis of Business, Applied Probability and Statistics, etc.

I do not know much regarding the EMBA program but a friend of mine who is a Senior Program Manager at Amazon is currently in the EMBA program and he loves it nearly as much as I love my program. If you have any questions relating to Fuqua, I would do my best to answer!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts