Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:36 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance & Strategy
Schools:Tuck, Ross, Sloan, Chicago, Kellogg & Darden
 Q47  V40
WE 1: Energy (Sales)
WE 2: Energy (Corporate Development)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Ross School of Business 2013
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2011 applicants! [#permalink]
shobhitsinghal wrote:
waitlisted :|

quick questions: havent received any email from Ross, even for the decision - I had to check status on wolverine access. do you get an email after accepting place in waitlist?

Nope. I was waitlisted yesterday. I accepted the waitlist offer online. No followup emails.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Ross(IN–full$)
 Q49  V44
WE 1: Investment Bank
WE 2: Company in NYC
Send PM
vyomneeraj wrote:
w103psp wrote:

Hey vyomneeraj, what is the google group that is not from Ross? I think joining the Facebook group would raise all kinds of flags as I have some work buddies as friends. Since we will get invited to join the official google group today, do you think the unofficial one would survive?

hey, we dont have an unofficial google group for ross admits. the official group is pretty active so there is no point for one. just wait a while. as soon as you log onto the admitted students portal, you'll get the link for the google group. dont worry abt it...

when you say admitted students portal, do you mean myimpact?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Investments
GPA: 3.5+
Send PM
Ding W/O interview. O well...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
brutal .... ding w/o interview and today morning I am denied access to the Wolverine website too ..... nasty ...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Ops/Logistics
Schools:Harvard, Ross, McCombs, Mendoza
 Q44  V42
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
kegewe wrote:
when you say admitted students portal, do you mean myimpact?

Yes
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys, it's seems to be weird. I am now waitlisted after interview but I could update my financial aid profile. I mean I update my personal background for the school for scholarship purpose and I can even apply for financial aid through the OFA (Office of Financial Aid) website. When I dropped the mail to AdCom asking whether I should apply financial aid at this stage, they replied:"we think it's better you have it but not need it than you don't have it but need it"

Any other waitlisted guys have the same thing?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.73
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
Just curious ... anybody who's invited to interview got dinged? Given the number of waitlisters, I'm almost sure it is just a glorified ding!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
I am waitlisted after interview. Is it a glorified ding? That is sad. I am still hopeful that I can convery.
Round 1 waitlisters who converted, few questions for you

Does adcom create any google group/yahoo group for waitlisters? I have not received any such email though.
What do you guys think about letter from ross alum/student?
In Ross's waitlisters faq web page, they are telling that apart from improved scores, we dont consider any material other than this update provided via link. Does it mean that letter from ross community is detrimental?
Share your inputs.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i got dinged after interview....don't know what to make of it :(

Was intervw the only driver or was it mix of GMAT / Essays that screwed things up
Manager
Manager
Send PM
reapplicant wrote:
I am waitlisted after interview. Is it a glorified ding? That is sad. I am still hopeful that I can convery.

Does adcom create any google group/yahoo group for waitlisters? I have not received any such email though.
In Ross's waitlisters faq web page, they are telling that apart from improved scores, we dont consider any material other than this update provided via link. Does it mean that letter from ross community is detrimental?
Share your inputs.

I was waitlisted after interview also. I'd love to hear the answers to some of your questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Duke (Admitted), Ross (Admitted)
Send PM
Kudos
thashadow wrote:
reapplicant wrote:

Share your inputs.

I was waitlisted after interview also. I'd love to hear the answers to some of your questions.

Sorry to heat that. I was also interviewed in R1 and then waitlisted. I thought it was over since I was waitlisted at another school last year and was dinged.
I received an invitation to join the Ross Waitlist class of 2013 group about a week after the decision. You should receive the invite by next week.
You have only one opportunity to submit an update aside from a GMAT improvement. I personally included in the update some new accomplishments in my job and reiterated my interest in the school.

Hope that helps!

Best of luck!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Consulting, Strategy
Schools:Booth
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
I did the WL conversion analysis a few pages back using last year's data. Essentially, 3:1 odds are you are looking at a glorified ding, although who knows comparing this to GC data since things here are positively skewed. The acceptance rate seems staggeringly high and then it seems everyone else is WL, very few dings.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance/Investment Management
WE 1: 8 years
Send PM
You see, sometimes I wonder, beyond a point, do these data points even mean anything in case of a waitlist? I remember reading Soojin's remarks stating waitlist statistics vary quite a bit every year. And it makes sense - after all, a lot depends on simple demand-supply (read how many of the admitted students go to other places) and the overall applicant pool for that year.

Add to that the 'designing' of a class, ensuring that the right diversity and mix is present - so if there are already enough admitted students of a certain background, how would they admit the next in line waitlist candidate with the same background unless a similar seat becomes available?

Add to that the overall statistics management that the adcom people have to do - in terms of the average gmat score, average gpa, work ex range, what have you...The adcom sure has a tough job to do...

So, there are so many factors that are just beyond your and my control.

Bottomline - look at these waitlist statistics and pl. do share them, but I don't think we should read too much into them. If the waitlist conversion rate is only 1%, and you and me belong to that 1%, we are still home! Ain't that right? :)

jb88 wrote:
I did the WL conversion analysis a few pages back using last year's data. Essentially, 3:1 odds are you are looking at a glorified ding, although who knows comparing this to GC data since things here are positively skewed. The acceptance rate seems staggeringly high and then it seems everyone else is WL, very few dings.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Send PM
Kudos
I am not sure if this will help fellow waitlisters like me.....this is a summary of FAQs with Ross Representatives...not sure when this happened though:

This week, representatives from Michigan Ross's MBA answered questions regarding the Ross MBA waitlist. The participants from University of Michigan's MBA program were :

Soojin Kwon Koh, Director of MBA Admissions.
Doug Thomas, Senior Associate Director of Ross MBA Admissions.
Jon Fuller, Senior Associate Director of MBA Admissions.

Waitlist FAQ - Let me summarize the most important points:

At Ross's MBA Admissions, the waitlist from the first round is being reviewed together with the other pool of candidate for R2, and again with R3.

Applicants are admitted into the Ross MBA from the waitlist based on either updates from their profile or general yield and profile management done by the Ross MBA Admissions committee.

Updates: Ross Admission emphasized that only significant updates should be submitted. What is significant?
1.New and improved GMAT score
2.Promotion at work
3.Finding a new job, for people who were out of the market
4.Additional recommendation – only if it's someone from the Ross community who has significant knowledge about you and your activity.

Who is wait listed? Per Michigan MBA Admission, only students that are strong potential candidates for the programs are placed into the wait list. So, if you got Wait listed by Ross MBA there's still a chance of getting in. Make sure to inform the school that you are still interested and develop a wait list strategy.

Manage the waitlist process – applicants to Ross MBA are judged also based on the way they manage themselves, so make sure not to bother Ross MBA Admissions with questions about your status or irrelevant information. Also don't try to schedule a visits just to get face time with Ross MBA Admissions – it's the oldest trick in the book. Have a strategy and spread your campaign over time, to make sure you're keeping your profile on the radar of the Admission committee.

Feedback for waitlist - Soojin Kwon Koh, Director of MBA Admissions, mentioned that by the end of the summer, Ross MBA Admissions will provide feedback to applicants who were waitlisted and ultimately not admitted. He also said that for re-applicants we got the wail-list feedback, Ross MBA Admission will see to verify that the applicants addressed the issues that were included in that feedback.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Brand Management
Schools:Ross 2013
 Q45  V36
GPA: 3.24
WE 1: 4.5 years investment consulting
Send PM
abogz78 wrote:
4.Additional recommendation – only if it's someone from the Ross community who has significant knowledge about you and your activity.

Do you think this includes current students who are friends and/or former colleagues? A friend of mine who used to work under me at one point is currently a first year student at Ross. Would it be beneficial to see if he would write a short recommendation?

Also, it seems like a ton of GC people were waitlisted. Since we know the admit stats here are definitely skewed positively, is it also likely that the GC waitlist stats are skewed positively?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Guys,

I just got off a phone call with one of the admissions directors at Ross. Here is a blow by blow.

1) What exactly happens at the Consortium "Draft"?
Its a lot more straight forward than some of the GC club suggests. All the schools go into the meeting knowing who they want to admit. If you ranked a school #1, then the schools that got ranked #1 all go down the list of the students that they will give the fellowship to. Everyone takes notes. The next round, the schools that were ranked second choose from the students available and offer some scholarships. This goes on all the way down the line.

What gets messy after the meeting when school that was listed #3 is deciding whether to admit/waitlist/deny someone who got into their number #1 with money. There are a lot of conflicting stories on how this should be handled. Because what you put on your application in november might change by March.

2) If you are waitlisted, they say you can only update the adcoms once outside of the GMAT. they are flexible about this unless you start crossing the line and emailing them everyday about bullshit. They said they like enthusiasm, but please reasonable and respectful of their time.

3) Just because you are waitlisted doesn't mean you are out of the running, so don't email the adcoms saying "this is bullshit", because you are still trying to court the school. They have seen a lot of people destroy their chances of getting in by being snarky after finding out they are on the waitlist.

4) They typically review all R2 waitlisters on May 15th when its time for 3rd round decisions, but sometimes they will admit WLs earlier than may 15th depending on the type of yield they are getting from their R2 admits. A lot of folks accept offers from other schools by then, and the consortium puts a little pressure on them to get their final lists in so that the consortium can prepare for OP.

I think thats about it, the rest of the time was spent with me on my knees begging for mercy and forgiveness.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Waitlist is like praying two gods simultaneously. Both of them want to WAIT and SEE if the other is granting the wish. At the end both or neither may grant the wish. Where and how to start this "navigating" process.......
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  167   168   169   170   171  ...  183   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts