It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 06:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can one score 700+ after 35?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Can one score 700+ after 35? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2017, 22:29
Hi Experts, really appreciate your honest opinion on the question the following questions. I took GMAT in 2002 (690), since then have not been involved. Now, at the age of 35, the dream to study at a top school is urging me to at least try.
1) @35, is it possible to score 730+ or at least 700+?
2) @35, with investment related (but not private business) experiences in many frontier countries (Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar) for at least 1 year each, do I have a chance to get admitted to a top school? I am also a 25% shareholder (by capital contribution) of a private business (private kindergarten), and the sole partner/advisor to the other partner/friend.
Thanks for your responses in advance! :)

Hoosni

Sent from my Redmi 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
D

Kudos [?]: 224 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169
Re: Can one score 700+ after 35? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2017, 05:49
hoosni wrote:
Hi Experts, really appreciate your honest opinion on the question the following questions. I took GMAT in 2002 (690), since then have not been involved. Now, at the age of 35, the dream to study at a top school is urging me to at least try.
2) @35, with investment related (but not private business) experiences in many frontier countries (Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar) for at least 1 year each, do I have a chance to get admitted to a top school? I am also a 25% shareholder (by capital contribution) of a private business (private kindergarten), and the sole partner/advisor to the other partner/friend.

Hoosni
Of course it's possible to get a great score at that age :-D

You might have to give yourself a little more time though, considering that you are likely to have many more commitments now than you did in 2002. As for your second question, you should get in touch with the experts here.

Profile and Official GMAT score report

Kudos [?]: 224 [0], given: 4

Expert Post
Optimus Prep Instructor
B

Kudos [?]: 522 [0], given: 23

Re: Can one score 700+ after 35? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2017, 06:45
hoosni wrote:

Hoosni

Sent from my Redmi 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi Hoosni,

Of course you can score well if you study for the test. And from the look of it, you seem to have a competitive profile for the B-Schools. Since you have already prepared for the test and score very near to your goal score, you need to brush a bit of the concepts and then start giving the mock CATs.

The best way would be to either pick up the course material/books that you already have or you can opt for a new one. You can do so by choosing one of the following ways:

1. In person classes/private tutoring
2. Online classes
3. Self paced online preparatory course
4. Book heavy approach

Whatever you choose, make sure that you choose one. Because GMAT tests you on some concepts and fundamentals that you can learn from a course. Most of the preparatory companies including ours offer a free trial of our course. You can take the trial and see if the course suits your needs.

In addition to the preparatory material, buy the Official Guides(both the Official Guide and the Verbal Review), Question Pack 1 and the 4 official mock CATs. They should be an indispensable part of your preparation.

Janielle Williams

Customer Support

Special Offer: $80-100/hr. Online Private Tutoring
GMAT On Demand Course $299
Free Online Trial Hour

Kudos [?]: 522 [0], given: 23

Re: Can one score 700+ after 35?   [#permalink] 08 Aug 2017, 06:45

Can one score 700+ after 35?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap