Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:38 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Which of these 3 MBA programs has a better rep in the healthcare industry?

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: Columbia vs Kellogg vs Fuqua HELLLPPPPPP [#permalink]
Thank you so much! I want to move into medical innovation and I believe Kellogg has more tailored course offerings for that specific type of path I want to be on. That said, it seems that Duke has a more established and well recognized brand within the medical and pharmaceutical industry. CBS helps that it's in the hotbed of medical innovation in NYC. It's a very tough decision because I honestly LOVE all these schools.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Columbia vs Kellogg vs Fuqua HELLLPPPPPP [#permalink]
I don't know a ton about health care, but assuming all of these programs can enable you to reach your career goals, I'd focus my decision on fit and cost.

Chicago is hella different from Durham. Neither one is NYC. You may like all three schools, but surely if you visit all three and speak with current students and alumni you'll find you have a preference for one of them. Do you want to live through a Chicago winter? Do you want to have the chance to be a Cameron Crazy? Do you want to be a subway ride away from anywhere in NYC? Think about where you want to be for the next two years.

Also, think about the ROI. If each of these programs can really help you land your desired employment outcome, would it really be worth paying tons more to get there? If the costs are all pretty close, this may not be a big deal, but I suspect the final price tag on living in Manhattan for two years may be substantially more than either of the other options.

FWIW, IMO, I think people should choose Columbia if (1) they are absolutely committed to living in NYC after graduation, OR (2) are totally committed to IB, OR (3) if they're offered at a significant discount and thus make it cheaper than the comparable options. So, if I were choosing between CBS, Kellogg, and Fuqua, and one or more of those conditions weren't met, I'd probably check CBS off my list. On the other hand, if any of them were true, CBS would be my front runner.

Good luck with the decision!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GMAT 3: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.72
WE:Corporate Finance (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
sg153 wrote:
Thank you so much! I want to move into medical innovation and I believe Kellogg has more tailored course offerings for that specific type of path I want to be on. That said, it seems that Duke has a more established and well recognized brand within the medical and pharmaceutical industry. CBS helps that it's in the hotbed of medical innovation in NYC. It's a very tough decision because I honestly LOVE all these schools.

My personal bias aside, I believe Kellogg is the best choice here. They offer a ton of healthcare related courses, have great healthcare industry connections, and there are a lot of students and recent alums that are involved in medical innovation projects at large companies and at startups. Happy to answer any other questions via PM!
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Great options here! I think the choice here is kellogg. Strong pipeline into healthcare particularly with innovation related functions/roles. Best rated off the bunch. Great culture and would offer the best flexibility should you want to pursue other options from an industry perspective or even within healthcare (pharma, med devices, healthcare brand mgmt, healthcare consulting, healthcare tech)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts