Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:40 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:40

3.8 years
Turkey
Female
Score: 595 GMAT Focus
GPA: 2.38
Pre-MBA industry: Manufacturing
Post-MBA industry: Other
After getting my license as a lawyer I started working in my family company (knitwear manufacturer with over 100M+ turnover) as a Brand Associate. I moved up to be a junior manager to create a structured organization. I started my own business in Web3 at the same time (a data company developing an LLM-navigated and AI-powered data platform for crypto investors). We raised 200K USD with a 5M valuation from one of the top VCs in Singapore and a well-known company in the US. After 2 years of my startup journey, I quit to focus on my MBA application and to help my family business.
HEC Paris
September Intake
7 days ago
Round 6
AcceptedApr 19, 24
ScholarshipNone
LBS
Full Time MBA
15 days ago
Round 3
AppliedMar 25, 24
ESADE
Full Time MBA
15 days ago
3rd deadline
InterviewedJan 15, 24
AcceptedMar 21, 24
Scholarship50%
Judge Cambridge
Full Time MBA
15 days ago
Round 4
Invited to interviewApr 4, 24
Comments
11 Oct 2023, 10:48
Wow - all of that is awesome experience! Don't worry about the startup and if it is not a smashing success - that's great learning. Hopefully your family is supportive along the way and giving you plenty of space and room to learn.

I would add Columbia - they have a family business track (worth researching and considering). This will help with LOR's and some of the other considerations since I assume it may be tricky to get LOR's as a founder in your last venture.

P.S. Since you have a slightly lower GPA, would recommend looking into getting a stronger GMAT score or possibly GRE, whichever you can get closest to or above the school's average, depending on what your strengths are.

Good luck!
11 Oct 2023, 10:48
Wow - all of that is awesome experience! Don't worry about the startup and if it is not a smashing success - that's great learning. Hopefully your family is supportive along the way and giving you plenty of space and room to learn.

I would add Columbia - they have a family business track (worth researching and considering). This will help with LOR's and some of the other considerations since I assume it may be tricky to get LOR's as a founder in your last venture.

P.S. Since you have a slightly lower GPA, would recommend looking into getting a stronger GMAT score or possibly GRE, whichever you can get closest to or above the school's average, depending on what your strengths are.

Good luck!