Full Time MBA
2 months ago
Round 2
InterviewedFeb 22, 24
AcceptedMar 2, 24
Scholarship100%
Comments (3 comments)
12 Oct 2023, 22:28
I agree with bb. Your GRE can make your break the case for a scholarship. Your profile, although impressive, is statistically common. Tech professionals from investment banking in India are increasingly applying to top MBA programs in the US. To stand out, you need to identify a unique aspect of your profile that emphasizes the new perspective you will bring to these MBA schools.

I often emphasize the effectiveness of having a specific industry focus in B-school applications. Based on your background and your interests, you could develop a central theme for example for your passion for fintech and its role in disrupting traditional financial services.

I suggest you pick 5-6 schools with a good mix of safe and aspirational. But this can only be realistically done after you have your new GRE score. Tepper, McCombs, USC and UCLA are safe choices.

Feel free to connect for professional guidance.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
12 Oct 2023, 09:51
You profile is quite solid with strong work ex and good academics. My sense it that you are targeting way too many schools and thus may end up compromising on the quality of your application. Would recommend targeting the tech focused schools for PM roles - UCLA, USC, Tepper, McCombs, Ross, Haas/Sloan and Foster. Wouldnt recommend applying to more than 4 schools in one round specially since you may have given Round 1 a skip. Just focus on your applications and your research and I feel that you should be able to get some success.

Please feel free to reach out at info@thembaedge.com if you have any further queries.
12 Oct 2023, 10:19
Hi. Great profile! If you are looking for a scholarship, it is better to take the GMAT. That's the "unofficial" word on the street - we have been seeing more and more GMAT-score rich applicants get scholarships while the GRE seems to be more of an option to get in with an average score. This may change as GRE scores are becoming more competitive (to be expected). So you should consider taking the GMAT and getting a high score OR if that's not an option and would take too much effort, you need to adjust your scholarship expectations funding plans.

P.S. Tuck is mostly a consulting school and i don't think Tech has been a big focus for them (correct me if I am off). However, I feel other schools are on target. Fuqua is not big into tech either but it is trying.
12 Oct 2023, 22:28
I agree with bb. Your GRE can make your break the case for a scholarship. Your profile, although impressive, is statistically common. Tech professionals from investment banking in India are increasingly applying to top MBA programs in the US. To stand out, you need to identify a unique aspect of your profile that emphasizes the new perspective you will bring to these MBA schools.

I often emphasize the effectiveness of having a specific industry focus in B-school applications. Based on your background and your interests, you could develop a central theme for example for your passion for fintech and its role in disrupting traditional financial services.

I suggest you pick 5-6 schools with a good mix of safe and aspirational. But this can only be realistically done after you have your new GRE score. Tepper, McCombs, USC and UCLA are safe choices.

Feel free to connect for professional guidance.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com